Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

Celebrate Oktoberfest All Year Long at Epcot’s Biergarten

posted on September 20th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Munich’s Oktoberfest, the 16-day traditional German festival, officially kicks off for 2012 on September 22, but in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot, guests celebrate with a crackerjack quartet every week of the year. The Oktoberfest Musikanten (German for “Oktoberfest Musicians”) plays polkas and waltzes inside the Epcot Germany Pavilion while lunch and dinner guests at the Biergarten Restaurant enjoy bratwurst, sauerkraut, pork schnitzel and spaetzle.

Bandleader Martin Gross is from Buffalo, NY, but is of Austrian heritage and grew up hearing classic folk music around the house. Martin took what he expected would be a one year position with Oktoberfest Musikanten before Epcot even opened in 1982. He’s now been with the band for all 30 years of its existence. In this, you’ll also hear from accordion player Edi Hadner, who’s originally from Austria and joined the band (only) 20 years ago.

Read more about Epcot in the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Hilma from CA on September 20th, 2012 at 10:40 am

So many things to see at Epcot! Looking forward to my first visit there within the next couple of years. Since celebrations like this are year round, are there additional events during “food and wine”
as well?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 21st, 2012 at 10:59 am

As far as music goes, there’s the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, which is specific for this event. :)

David on September 20th, 2012 at 11:20 am

We’ll be there in two weeks! 30-year anniversary, Food & Wine Festival. We picked a great time for our yearly trip!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 21st, 2012 at 11:00 am

Have a great trip!

Jon from TX on September 20th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Good food, good music, and a liter of beer! Fun place.

Tamela on September 20th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

My family and I love this show and the food. We have even enjoyed the Biergarten with my children and thier Great Grandparen, grandparents, great aunts, and uncles. It is really a grat time for everyone and anyone. The Horns, Bells, and Chicken Dance is awesome. I can’t say enough ab out this dining experience. When we come in November the first restuarant on the list is the Biergarten in Germany!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 21st, 2012 at 11:00 am

I agree – it is a fun place.

Jennifer on September 21st, 2012 at 11:18 am

Germany is always a MUST visit for me each year during Food and Wine. Oktoberfest might be might favorite time of year with Fall and all the yummy things to eat and drink that just fill you up with warmth. Do you know if the will have any special Oktoberfest style beers this year? I’ll be down next week and can’t wait!

Matthew from MI on September 24th, 2012 at 8:03 am

@Jennifer, Not sure of any Oktoberfest beers specifically for Food & Wine, but they often have an Oktoberfest throughout the year (I was fortunate enough to enjoy some in July!).
From my past experiences, they have an outdoor Biergarten set up in the area which is normally a grassy lawn to the left of the Pavilion as you look at it. In the past, this Biergarten has had beers other than what is normally served there.
Enjoy one for me – I’m jealous! Hopefully next year…
Zicke zacke, zicke zacke, Hoi-hoi-hoi!