Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Walt Disney Stands in Front of a Christmas Tree in his Studio Office

Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort Hosting Frankenweenie Weekend

posted on September 21st, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Did you hear? There’s a special Frankenweenie celebration planned for Downtown Disney West Side – and you’re invited. From September 28-30, you can kick-off the October 5th opening of Disney’s new stop-motion animated movie “Frankenweenie” directed by acclaimed filmmaker Tim Burton with a 3D sneak peek, photos, treats and a first-ever Walt Disney World Resort appearance of Jack & Sally from Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”

Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort Hosting Frankenweenie Weekend

From September 28 -30, you can purchase $6 tickets for exclusive screenings of “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “Alice in Wonderland” and get an extended 3D sneak peek of “Frankenweenie” at AMC Downtown Disney 24. The nightly schedule looks like this:

• “The Nightmare Before Christmas” at 4:15 p.m.
  • “Alice in Wonderland” at 6:30 p.m.
  • “The Nightmare Before Christmas” at 8:00 p.m.
  • “Alice in Wonderland” at 10:30 p.m.

And here’s a quick look at the other “Frankenweenie” fun you can expect at Downtown Disney each night from 6 to 11 p.m.:

• New Holland Pet Cemetery picture spot presented by HGTV and inspired by “Frankenweenie”
  • First Walt Disney World meet and greet with Jack & Sally from “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
  • “Frankenweenie”-inspired merchandise at D-Street
  • Special treats and beverages including Franken Fusion Lemonade, Frankenweenie hot dogs and more

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

13 Comments 1 Reply

Travis on September 21st, 2012 at 11:20 am

So does that mean that Jack and Sally will be out starting Friday September 28 or does that mean after the movie comes out starting the following week?

Thomas Smith on September 21st, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Hi Travis, they will only be out September 28 – 30.

Kristina from FL on September 21st, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Does this mean we might be able to keep Jack and Sally for an extended Florida Vacation, or are they headed back to Halloween Town after the festivities?

Brittnee on September 21st, 2012 at 3:39 pm

So excited!!! I’ll be there with a group from Charleston volunteering at the Tower of Terror 10-Miler that weekend so we will be sure to partake in all the freaky festivities!! :)

Rachel on September 21st, 2012 at 9:52 pm

What times will Jack and Sally’s limited appearance be ? Has anyone found out ?

Cheryl on September 22nd, 2012 at 12:07 am

Can the $6 tickets be purchased in advance online? I went to the AMC Downtown Disney Theaters website and nothing was listed for that day. Can’t wait to meet Jack & Sally!! =D

Elizabeth on September 22nd, 2012 at 8:56 am

I’m so excited because we will be in Disney this weekend. Do you know where Jack and Sally will be in Downtown Disney?

Corey on September 23rd, 2012 at 9:14 am

It’s a shame we can’t keep Jack and Sally for MNSSHP! :( That’s the one thing the party lacks.

Are tickets going to be available for advance purchase online soon? This makes up for the fact I have to work and can’t go to the midnight premiere!!

Jennifer from FL on September 23rd, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I’m wondering the same thing…can we purchase tickets online, I’d hate to drive the 2 hours for it to be sold out…

Melissa on September 23rd, 2012 at 8:08 pm

My favorite characters Jack and Sally will be at Disney World on my birthday and my trip isn’t for a few more weeks :(
I agree that they should show up at MNSSHP! I also would LOVE to meet Oogie Boogie.

Jen on September 23rd, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Do you know if all the extras will be contained at West Side or will they be branched out to Marketplace? Thanks for any help. I’m bummed I can’t see Nightmare Before Christmas, but I’m hoping to still meet Jack and Sally, since they were pulled right before my last trip to Disneyland 4 years ago.

kelli from FL on September 24th, 2012 at 10:52 am

So Jack and Sally will only be out from 6pm to 11 pm. fri, Sat., and Sun. Evenings. Is that correct?

Jackie from WA on September 25th, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I’m about as excited as I can be about Jack & Sally making an appearance at WDW! Nightmare Before Christmas has been one of my kids’ absolute favorite movies for years and we didn’t get a chance to see their characters at Disneyland before we moved to the east coast! Can’t wait for this weekend!

Deb on September 26th, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Wish I could go but I work Friday, Saturday and have to be in early on Mondays. :(