Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park

First Look Inside Big Top Souvenirs in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 28th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Big

I’m excited to share with you today a first look inside Big Top Souvenirs, which is the newest merchandise location to join the Storybook Circus area of New Fantasyland. I visited the location this past week as they were setting the store for its opening on Sunday, September 30. After about 90 minutes and 250 photos later, I left the location in awe! Big Top Souvenirs is incredibly detailed with beautifully ornate designs that capture the golden age of the circus perfectly. Here is a closer look at what you will find.

“Big

The centerpiece of the location is the Big Top Treats. This on-stage show kitchen will offer several delicious goodies including cotton candy, caramel apples, ice cold “Goofy’s Glaciers” beverages and much more. Look for a separate Disney Parks Blog article dedicated to this wonderful new addition (I can’t wait to sample the treats!).

The location will also contain a wide variety of merchandise goods including apparel, toys, dolls, plush, Duffy the Disney Bear, pins, Vinylmation, D-Tech, seasonal good and much more. There will be two embroidery stations for ear hats toward the back of the store.

“Big

I found a handful of new items featuring Dumbo, including shirts for kids, a new mug and a plate. I also found a Storybook Circus T-shirt that features Humphrey the Bear (yes!). Humphrey is featured on the Big Top Treats sign (and look for some bear paw prints outside the entrance).

“Big

The thing that impressed me the most were the endless details. When visiting, I strongly encourage looking at all of the fixtures and display units including the decorative wheels (there are a few different versions). I particularly liked the nod to Salty the Seal who first appeared in the animated short “Mickey’s Circus” in 1936. Look for it on one of the upside down metal bins (along with a few other character nods throughout the shop). This kind of attention to detail is why I love Disney Parks, and it’s why I can’t wait for the rest of New Fantasyland.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Diana from NY on September 28th, 2012 at 11:36 am

The attention to detail in the new Fantasyland really does appear to be top-notch. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it this winter!

Jessica on September 28th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

WOW! I am going to be in Dumbo Paradise when I visit this store. Dumbo is my all time favorite movie and character! I have been anxiously waiting for this store to open and the pictures of the inside are way beyond what I imagined it would look like. Any more info that you can reveal on new Dumbo merchandise that will be available to purchase here?

Steven Miller on September 28th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

@Diana – Just wait until you see it in person. I was at the location again today (Friday) and noticed even more details that were there 24 hours ago. It’s amazing with a capital “A!!!”

@Jessica – Oh my yes! I think you will really enjoy it. As for new Dumbo merchandise, I showed most of what is being offered at this point in the article. You may see a few more items in the coming months as the official grand opening of New Fantasyland will take place on December 6. I’ve seen some additional things like drinkware for Storybook Circus that have Dumbo on them.

Nicole on September 28th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

WOW!!!! This looks absolutely incredible! I love the addition of a show kitchen to this location, too. I’ll finally be able to get Goofy’s Glaciers in the Magic Kingdom!!!! While I must admit I’ll always have a soft spot for the old Toontown themed merchandise location, I am thrilled that such care was taken to retheme it.

Beth on September 28th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I love that Humphrey Bear (I hope thats him) gets to be a part of this. You rarely ever see him.

melissa on September 28th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

WOW!!! I love it :> the colors are amazing and the details are very playful. This will be a great addition to the Fantasyland area and I am sure this will be a very busy section once it all begins to open up. I love Disney for the details they put into every bit of the parks.

Tim on September 28th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I recall hearing something about a shop called Sideshow Souvenirs? Is that another shop that’s coming to the area or am I mistaken?

Karen on September 28th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Is this ope yet or will it not open until December? My mom and I are bringing my kids to Disney World in 2 weeks and we would love to see the new additions. Can anybody give me a quick rundown of the details?

Steven Miller on October 3rd, 2012 at 1:18 pm

@Karen – Yes. The Big Top Souvenirs location is currently open as of last Sunday. Much of the Storybook Circus is also open. The grand opening for New Fantasyland won’t take place until December 6. I invite you to search the Blog for “New Fantasyland” to find additional articles. Here is also a link to a recently posted article from my fellow author Jenn:

Panda from MN on September 29th, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Can’t wait to see it in person ! Only 29 days to go !!

Stephanie on September 30th, 2012 at 9:27 am

Will they embroider names on mouse ears at this location, like they did in Mickey’s Toontown?

Steven Miller on October 3rd, 2012 at 1:18 pm

@Stephanie – Yes! They have two embroidery machines toward the back of the location.

Erika from IN on September 30th, 2012 at 10:56 am

Absolutely amazing! It warms my heart to see a classic character like Dumbo receive a “new life” for the children of today. Truly magical! :)

Lara from NH on September 30th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I heard it opened today!!

Kelly on September 30th, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Is the Vinylmation Vault going to be updated soon??? There are a lot of new vinylmation missing.

Steven Miller on October 3rd, 2012 at 1:19 pm

@Kelly – We are working on things as quickly as possible.

cecilia on October 2nd, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Wow! I did not realize there would be so many attractions besides the two dumbo rides. Everything looks so magical and colorful and Dumboish. I can’t wait to go back maybe early summer, 2013.
WDW is the greatest place on earth!

Janice from RI on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:31 am

Are there any adult size Dumbo teeshirts? My 12 year old daughter is a HUGE Dumbo fan but no longer fits into the child size shirts. Will anything be available on Disneystore? Otherwise we will hav to wait for our next trip in August.

Steven Miller on October 3rd, 2012 at 1:22 pm

@Janice – There is at least one women’s shirt that I’ve seen for Dumbo (top left image of the third image in the article above – they yellow tank top-like one). I don’t know of any plans to carry these items on the Disney Parks online store.

Amy on October 4th, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I cannot tell you how excited I am that this expansion is happening!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie but I do have a special place in my heart for Dumbo and classic Disney!

I am excited to start planning my next trip!