Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Country Bear Christmas Special at Disneyland Park

Heading to the 30th Anniversary of Epcot on October 1? Here’s the Schedule of Events

posted on September 19th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We know that many of you are as excited as we are to celebrate Epcot’s 30th anniversary here at Walt Disney World Resort on October 1.

In honor of the milestone, the park has lined up a few special offerings for guests who wish to mark this special occasion.
Epcot Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary October 1

Throughout the day on October 1, guests can attend Epcot history presentations in World Showplace courtesy of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. These presentations are included in park admission and are limited in seating.

• 1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
  • 4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
  • 6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar

Guests can also attend an anniversary moment at the America Gardens Theatre at 3 p.m., which will feature appearances by Disney leaders and include performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. (Seating for this presentation is also limited.)

That evening, the October 1 presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will feature a special 30th anniversary tag.

And don’t forget to be on the lookout for special Epcot 30th anniversary merchandise while you’re at the park. Check out Steven’s recent blog post on the selection of T-shirts, hats and other 30th anniversary items that will be available. He’ll also have an update next week on what else you can expect!

Don’t miss our previous stories on the 30th anniversary of Epcot:

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Stephen on September 19th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Will there be a special merch event happening like at the Magic Kingdom’s 40th last year?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 19th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Our Merch author, Steven Miller, will have an update on special 30th merchandise early next week!!

Alison on September 19th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Are the D23 presentations also being held at the American Gardens Theater or just the 3pm moment? So glad I took the day off work to be there!!! Can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 19th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

The D23 presentations will be in World Showplace, which is right before you reach the UK pavilion on the right.

Jud on September 19th, 2012 at 2:58 pm

OOOooooo! A special Illuminations tag!!! :)))

Shae on September 19th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I signed up for the morning events and I’m so excited! took half a day off of work for it! :)

Zachary on September 19th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Will these be presentations be different from the presentations being made at the ticketed D23 event?

Ryan on September 19th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Is the merch only avaliable starting Oct. 1? I’ll be there the day before but I have to tavel back home the day of Oct. 1 and I would really love to even get just a couple t-shirts before I leave.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 19th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

We’ll have an update on the merchandise debut dates early next week.

Erin on September 19th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Hey there! May be visiting WDW in November, right before the end of the Food and Wine Festival. Will there still be merchandise for the 30th anniversary at this point?

Michael from NJ on September 19th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Jud just loves special illuminations tags!

Michelle from NY on September 19th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

We will be there less than a week later. Will there still be any special celebrations that week? Or is it just on the 1st?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 20th, 2012 at 9:28 am

The anniversary events only occur on Oct. 1.

Jennifer on September 19th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Will there be anything going on at 9am or in the morning hours? I have family in town that weekend, but alas, they’re heading home mid-afternoon and would miss out on these activities.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 20th, 2012 at 9:28 am

These are the only anniversary related events planned. I’m sure you’ll have a blast in the park though.

NANCY from PA on September 19th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Cant wait!! We were THERE on Disneyland’s 50th birthday and really looking forward to being there for my favorite park’s 30th birthday at EPCOT Center! *.*

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 20th, 2012 at 9:29 am

I hope you have a great time, Nancy.

Lauren on September 19th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I will be there on Oct. 1st for the anniversary and am looking forward to it. Jennifer, are these events and presentations you listed the only special events that will be going on that day or are there other things that will be announced in the coming week? Or is this the FINAL schedule of events?

Also, is there any chance that the original Dreamfinder with Figment will be making an appearance for the anniversary???? I would love that.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 20th, 2012 at 9:27 am

This is the final schedule of events. :)

Lauren on September 19th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Also, what is a “tag” as it relates to Illuminations? I don’t understand what you mean by that.

David from MA on September 19th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

It would be awesome if you could stream some of these events live on the Blog page.

Joel on September 19th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

A tag is an extra segment performed after the end of Illuminations, like the Holiday tag, which is based on the final act of the old Holiday Illuminations.

Joseph on September 19th, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Will Marty Sklar be there in person? Because his presentation at the D23 Event is supposed to be a recording.

Michael from NJ on September 20th, 2012 at 8:51 am

A “tag” for illuminations is a song added at the end with additional fireworks! They usually have them for the Christmas Holiday season and the 4th of July.

Richard on September 20th, 2012 at 9:28 am

I hope that one or two of these events will be available on the internet via webstream.

Kristine from IL on September 20th, 2012 at 9:47 am

We arrive at WDW on 10/9. Hoping to find 30th Anniversary merchandise still available when we have our EPCOT day on 10/10!!

Michael on September 20th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Are the Events/exhibits the same as the D23 presentation that is going to be held on Sunday 9/30, or different??

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 21st, 2012 at 9:19 pm

The presentations featured at D23′s celebration on Sunday, Sept. 30 WILL be different from the two public presentations D23 will sponsor for guests on Monday, Oct. 1.

kira on September 20th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Will there be any special or new character greetings around the park on Oct 1 or will it be the same character greetings as usual?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 21st, 2012 at 10:57 am

I believe the plan is the same – but aren’t ALL character greetings special?? :)

Christopher on September 20th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Will the background music in the park be classic EPCOT music like the 25th anniversary?

Mr on September 25th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

My wife & I will be there 9/28-10/3 (and I’m a D23 member as well, so I’ll be looking into the 9/30 events). I was just curious – these two are the same presentation, just offered twice, correct?
4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar

Kim from FL on September 26th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Any idea if they’ll be offering wrist bands to get into the events, or will we have to be lined up all day?

Scott on September 26th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I noticed the 30th Anniversary World Showcase T-shirts….any chance they’ll be bringing out any FutureWorld Anniversary T-shirts? I’d love to get my hands on a Horizons one!

Andrea from ON on September 26th, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Will the Epcot 30th anniversary merchandise be available after October 1st? I will be at Disney World the day after Thanksgiving and I was hoping to pick up a few items.

Amanda on September 28th, 2012 at 9:47 am

I was there for the opening ceremony! Now I feel really old

PILAR from FL on September 28th, 2012 at 10:07 am

OMG!! Only that day is going to be the celebration? I’m arriving October 6th

Emilie on September 28th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Are there any plans in the works to renovate or add to Epcot?

I love the World Showcase, but I’d be lying if I said the other half of the park didn’t seem a bit passed over or forgotten about.

tim from IN on September 28th, 2012 at 10:43 am

We will be there Tuesday! Will there there still be any celebrating or events planned that week? Or only for that day?