Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park at the Walt Disney World Resort

Instant Halloween Costumes from Disney Parks

posted on September 17th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Instant Halloween Costumes from Disney Parks

Now that the Halloween season has descended upon Disney Parks, it’s time for me to find a costume for this year. I’m tempted to reuse my awesome Sam Flynn from “TRON: Legacy” costume from last year. (Yes, it was that amazing!) Yet I still have a few other ideas in mind for a new costume. If you are looking for an instant Halloween costume that doesn’t require much effort, I found a few options that you may like.
Instant Halloween Costumes from Disney Parks

This year, we have introduced four new T-shirts for women that offer a simple way to dress for any Halloween party. These shirts were inspired by outfits worn by some of our famous Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Snow White. They were recently released in select locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort (just in time for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Florida or Mickey’s Halloween Party in California).
These Hats from Disney Parks Can Be Instant Halloween Costumes

Once they arrive in October, the new MousekeEars will be a great option for those seeking a simple costume. The headwear team has also developed a few additional hats that are currently available. The pumpkin ear hat was designed by Disney Design Group artist Mark Seppala and was inspired by the Halloween art program I discussed in a previous article. I love the hidden Chip n’ Dale found by pulling on the top of the hat. There is also a colorful headband, and an ear hat that has the main Halloween artwork printed on the front and back. Check out the ears on this hat for a nod to the Haunted Mansion.
Halloween Bowler Hat from Disney Parks

Speaking of the 999 happy haunts, Disney Design Group artist Darren Wilson designed a bowler hat that was inspired by one of the Hitchhiking Ghosts. I love the stylized Haunted Mansion wallpaper ribbon and bat found on the hat. It reminds me of a hat I used to wear going while swing dancing at Atlantic Dance Hall in the late 1990s. I guess I should add this one to the list of costume possibilities!

Read more about Halloween merchandise at Disney Parks in the posts below:

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Grace on September 17th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Hi Steven

Sorry this comment isn’t about the Halloween merchandise, rather the Dole Whip T-shirt you posted about in this post

Can you tell me if it is available yet, when it might be if it isn’t already, and where I can find it? We will be in WDW 9/29 – 10/6 and I would love to get one! Thank you.

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:11 am

@Grace – The Dole Whip shirt for women will be available in locations around mid-October. At Walt Disney World, the Dole Whip tee will only be available at Tren-D in Downtown Disney initially. At Disneyland Resort, the tee will be in Adventureland Bazaar in Disneyland Park and in World of Disney at Downtown Disney District.

Justin on September 17th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Steven,

Is there a possibility that we will see the Character Outfit T-Shirts designed for men in the future. I’d really like to have a Donald for myself.

Michele on September 17th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Love, love, love the t-shirts! I think I need one of each. Can you tell me how much they will be?

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:15 am

@Justin – In October, there will be a costume fleece for both Buzz Lightyear and Perry the Platypus in men’s sizes. As far as costume tee-shirts, we are introducing two for guys in March – Buzz Lightyear and Sheriff Woody! Stay tuned.

@Michele – The tees are $32.95 each. They can be found at Walt Disney World in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom, Mouse Gear in Epcot and World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace. At Disneyland Resort, the four costume tees can be found at Disney Clothiers in Disneyland Park, Elias & Co in Disney California Adventure Park and World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.

Jennie from ON on September 17th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Please sell these shirts at Disney Store on line. I would love to own a couple of these I would not limit myself to wearing the shirts just Halloween I think they would be great for the parks as well!!

Amy on September 17th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Is the Bowler hat for sale at the Disneyland resort in Anaheim? It looks like a must have :)

Claire on September 17th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I agree with Jennie! Please sell these via the online Disney Store. They’re so great!

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:18 am

@Jennie and Clarie – Unfortunately, the tees won’t be available via the Disney Parks Online Store. Your best option would be to contact Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Guest Services at 1-877-560-6477 or send an email to: merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com

Please reference the following item numbers:

Mickey Mouse – 400006730893
Minnie Mouse – 400006731067
Donald Duck – 400006731012
Snow White – 400006730954

@Amy – Yes, the bowler hat should be available at a few locations at Disneyland Resort.

Lauren on September 17th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

These shirts are so cute!! If these shirts do well, will others be made in the future? I would LOVE a Figment costume shirt!

Jennifer on September 17th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I need this ASAP! Going to MNSSHP this week!

Brittany on September 17th, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Are these being sold anywhere online? Id really like to get a couple before my trip in early October.

Ryan on September 17th, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I love these shirts! The Minnie is something I’ve been looking for! I want to go as Minnie to MNSSHP in October. To echo everyone else, any chance these will be available online so I can purchase before my trip? I hate to show up and they are sold out or something. Please!!

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:20 am

@Lauren – I don’t know of specific plans for additional women’s tees at this point.

@Jennifer – Have fun! That’s such a wonderful party :-)

@Brittany and Ryan – Unfortunately, the shirts won’t be carried via the Disney Parks online store. There are a few other Halloween related items, however, currently found online – http://www.disneystore.com/theme-park-products/halloween/mn/1001081+1000885/

Nicole on September 18th, 2012 at 8:20 am

Do you know where the shirts are found in Disney World? I would really like to get myself one. Thanks!

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:21 am

@Nicole – At Walt Disney World, you can find the shirts in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom, Mouse Gear in Epcot and World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace.

At Disneyland Resort, they can be found at Disney Clothiers in Disneyland Park, Elias & Co in Disney California Adventure Park and World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.

Leslie from NY on September 18th, 2012 at 8:47 am

I just got back from WDW and didn’t see these there yet. I’m so bummed. I’d love to get a few of the shirts! Hope they sell them online.

Stefanie on September 18th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Steven, these are awesome!!! I’m going to ask my usual question … will the shirts and bowler hat be available on the Disney Store site, or are these park only items? If the latter is the case, can they be ordered through Merchandise Services? If so, please provide SKU numbers if you can for ease in ordering.

I, too, am going to be visiting WDW in October and would like to have a few of these items to bring with me.

I am going to gush here, Steven, but your posts are my absolute FAVES! I love seeing what new merchandise there is to expect!

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:25 am

@Stefanie – Thank you for the kind words. I’m delighted to hear you enjoy reading the articles. It’s been such a fun experience sharing the stories of what we do at Disney Theme Park Merchandise.

Unfortunately, the shirts won’t be carried online. Here are the item numbers:

Mickey Mouse – 400006730893
Minnie Mouse – 400006731067
Donald Duck – 400006731012
Snow White – 400006730954

The item number for the bowler hat is 400006714541. I don’t believe there are plans to carry it via the online store.

Stefanie on September 18th, 2012 at 10:20 am

Also, if you could provide a SKU for the Halloween 2012 ear hat featuring the Haunted Mansion, that would be awesome!

Steven Miller on September 18th, 2012 at 11:36 am

@Stefanie – The Mickey Mouse pumpkin hat is currently available via the Disney Parks online store – http://www.disneystore.com/theme-park-products-halloween-jack-olantern-mickey-mouse-ear-hat/mp/1313935/1001081+1000885/

Here are the item numbers:

Mickey Mouse Pumpkin – 400006644497
Halloween 2012 hat – 400006663115
Headband – 400006632760

Justin on September 18th, 2012 at 10:24 am

Nicole and Leslie,

I saw them in World of Disney in the Downtown Disney Marketplace two weekends ago.

Brittany on September 21st, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Thank you so much Steven! My mom and I are going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party and were confused as what to be as we’ve been to the party so many times. I thought they’d be a perfect simple costume. We decided on Mickey and Minnie, we found mouse ears and mickeys hands as gloves. So excited for the party. Might have to still stop by one of those shops and pick up a few t’s. Thanks again for the reply!

Grace on September 22nd, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Thank you Steven for the info about the Dole Whip ladies tee! I hope that October 5th (our last actual day in the World) will be “mid-October” enough to get one! I will be SOOOOOOOO bummed if they aren’t available yet…. I was actually hoping to get one toward the beginning of my trip so I could wear it in the parks…. but I will take what I can get! I suppose I can call Tren-D when I get home and get them to send me one? Thank you again!

Robert on September 26th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Will the Jack O’Lantern Mickey Mouse Ear Hat be sold at the DLR or just on-line? If sold at the DLR, which stores will it be sold at and what time frame will it be available? I really enjoy you articles. 10 days left until we arrive.

Steven Miller on September 28th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

@Robert – The hat is sold at both Disneyland, Walt Disney World and online. I would check the bigger merchandise locations like World of Disney, Emporium at Disneyland Park or Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure first. Thanks for the kind words. Have a great trip!

MARK on October 16th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Steve,

Can you post something about he Dr Who T shirts that are being sold at the UK Pavillion?