Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Let the Ghoul Times Roll at Our Disney Parks Blog ‘Get Spookier’ Meet-Up at Disneyland Park

posted on September 5th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE: The Disney Parks Blog “Get Spookier” Meet-Up has reached capacity, and confirmation emails will be sent shortly. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future events!

Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park

The Happiest Place on Earth is about to get spookier, and you and a guest could get the chance to see how we create all the Halloween Time fun at our next Disney Parks Blog meet-up! Join us on September 17, 2012, at Disneyland park for our Disney Parks Blog “Get Spookier” Meet-up, which will include:

Speaking of getting ready for Halloween, this would be the perfect time to test out your costume! So get your thrilling threads ready and come to the Disney Parks Blog “Get Spookier” Meet-Up all dressed up. Just be sure to check here for costume guidelines. Costumes are allowed in the Park only at the event and not during regular park hours.

Space for the event is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:

• All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18.
  • Limit one guest per registrant.
  • Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
  • Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
  • Park admission will be provided beginning at 8 p.m. for the event, but participants will be responsible for any parking fees.

I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

brianna from NV on September 5th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I would love to go to this. Maybe I can convince my family to take some time off to drive there. I loved the midnight snack from leap day. I was in a chocolate coma for the entire night and following day :)

Erin Glover on September 5th, 2012 at 5:54 pm

That was quite a chocolate feast! I’ve asked our foods team to whip us up something very similar.

Rochelle on September 5th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

YEA! Now to find someone willing to make the drive from Utah with me.

Dinah on September 5th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Yay!! I’m registered. Can’t wait. This sounds awesome. Thank you for the opportunity, Disneyland, the Disney Parks Blog, and Erin!!

Erin Glover on September 5th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I’m excited, too! Now I’ve got to get my costume ready …

Matthew from CA on September 5th, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Registered! Looking forward to it.

Christa on September 5th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Bummer. Registration was closed as soon as it was announced!

Erin Glover on September 5th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I’m sorry, Christa. Our meet-ups have gotten to be quite popular, but the downside is that we do fill up quickly. Maybe next time!

Jordan from CA on September 5th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

We look forward to joining you all!

Erin Glover on September 5th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

See you there, Jordan!

Lori from CA on September 5th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I wss lucky enough to get in. Thanks Erin for these great meetups. Can’t wait for this one.

Kristen on September 5th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

cool! I love all of these event…thank you! I just wish they were at times I could go. It’s a close call on if I can make it from LA to disneyland after work and in traffic in time; and stay out late on a work night!

Julissa on September 5th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Anything going on at the event that will interact with the Glow with the Show Mickey Ears? Wondering if I should bring my ears?

Erin Glover on September 5th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Julissa – Nothing specific to this event, but anytime is a good time to wear your “Glow With the Show” Ears!

Rochelle on September 5th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Silly question … will there be white chocolate? Or fruit based desserts? I’m so excited to have this opportunity! I’m sure it will be worth the 1,400 mile round trip.

debra from CA on September 5th, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Perhaps a 2nd Spooky Meet-up is due for the this is the BEST time of year at the Disneyland Resort!

Alodie from CA on September 5th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I’m so excited to go!!! I’m debating right now if I’m going to debut me and my sisters costume at the meetup or Mickey’s Halloween Party?!?! Decisions decisions, :D

Erin Glover on September 5th, 2012 at 7:05 pm

No reason not to wear them to both!

Trent from ON on September 5th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Will there be another Halloween Disney Parks Blog meetup in Florida this year?

Xenia on September 5th, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Can’t wait Erin – Thank you and Disney for such an amazing opportunity!

Don on September 5th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Just missed it! I’m flying out that day for business and was hoping to be able to attend but did not sign up fast enough. Very sad now!

Alexandria on September 5th, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Is the Hide and Go Treat Trail coming back this year?

Don on September 5th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Contact me if anyone cancels!

Kristina on September 6th, 2012 at 12:44 am

Oh no!!!!!!! I missed this opportunity! And to top it off, it’s my mom’s birthday that day and that’s her favorite ride :( Will anyone have extra tickets? I know this is so unrealistic but gosh this would mean so much to us.

Kaily from UT on September 6th, 2012 at 3:00 am

Any possibility of a wait list or something? I’m actually gonna be there that day and would love to participate and I’m sure there will be a few who don’t end up being able to attend…

Brian on September 6th, 2012 at 3:16 am

I will be very interested to be on a waitlist if there is one. Any chance that there will be a second date if this is in high demand?

Na*o*mi on September 6th, 2012 at 4:54 am

Shockers — I made it in! My first meet-up and my Hunny & I are so excited!!

Thank you, Disneyland, Disney Blogs and Erin for what is sure to be a terrific evening :D

Genene from CA on September 6th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Please tell he how I can receive more timely notices for these special events? I received an e-mail alert two days after the announcement!

Erin Glover on September 10th, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Genene – Be sure to follow @Disneyland on Twitter and like the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page for heads-up on events like this.

Thea from CA on September 6th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I am so sad!!! This is the second time I have missed out on a Blog meet up!!! The email is not getting into my box until the next day and by that time the event is filled up!!! From what I am reading n the comments, I am not the only one this has happened to. So very sad. :(

Erin Glover on September 10th, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Thea – We give a heads-up to followers of @Disneyland on Twitter and the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page.

cynthia from CA on September 6th, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Will they have copies of the waiver at checkin, I can’t download the waiver, saids page moved.

Erin Glover on September 10th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

No worries, Cynthia – we’ll have copies available at check-in.

Barbara on September 7th, 2012 at 1:35 am

How do you sign up to get e-mails about these events?

Erin Glover on September 10th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Barbara – I’d recommend following @Disneyland on Twitter and like the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page to keep up with announcements regarding future events.

Michelle on September 15th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hi Erin – i was so anxious to register the second the meetup went up I didn’t read too closely. When you say plus a guest, was I supposed to register them when I signed up, or do I just bring them with me to the event? I’m not missing this for anything, I don’t mind going solo :) …. but if I can bring a friend that’d be great. I’d just hate to bring them, then find out I goofed up! :)

Erin Glover on September 17th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Michelle – Yes, your registration includes you and one guest. So please bring a friend and we’ll see you tonight!

Alodie from CA on September 17th, 2012 at 12:22 am

I just thought about this but will there still be a tram service when the meetup is all done?

Erin Glover on September 17th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Yes, Alodie – the tram will still be running when we’re done.

Dinah on September 18th, 2012 at 4:13 am

Hi Erin!! So glad to have met you, I was the one with the candy corn Mickey ears headband. :P This was an awesome event, had so much fun, David and Brian were hilarious and informative, riding the Haunted Mansion with the “Nightmare Before Christmas” overlay (which is so much better than the original, which I still love) – more than once! – was great, loved taking a picture with BOTH Jack and Sally, the desserts were wonderful, and, of course, the best part was getting a free ticket to Mickey’s Halloween Party. CAN. NOT. WAIT. It is so obvious that all you guys over there love your job. I was very impressed, and everyone was so very nice, friendly, and professional. You guys rock. I love this blog!

Julissa from CA on September 18th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I just wanted to say thank you and we really enjoyed the meet-up. Looking forward to going back for Mickey’s Halloween Party. I had already bought tickets so now I get to go once with my kids and once without them! I love Halloween Time at Disneyland!

Tania on September 18th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

What a wonderful evening! Erin, you were a lovely hostess (and made a great Mouseketeer!) Loved everything – the panel, the ride, the treats and, of course, the surprise of the tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party. (Like I needed another excuse to get dressed up in costume…) :-)