Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Portrait Gallery

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Returns Tonight at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 11th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

As a child, fall, to me, meant falling leaves, pumpkin patches, and the countdown to Halloween and trick-or-treating.

As an adult, it means taking my family to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for our ultimate fix of Halloween fun. The event returns to Magic Kingdom Park tonight, with the first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicking off at 7 p.m.

“'Happy

The party is a special event that’s held on select evenings at the park, and purchase of a special ticket is required. Parties include trick-or-treating (for kids of all ages), performances of Mickey’s “Boo to You Parade” and Halloween-themed “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks, Disney characters in costume, access to theme park attractions and much more.

This year, I’m looking forward to experiencing the party’s new entertainment elements, including the Not-So-Scary Street Jam with the Creepa Crew, which will happen only on Main Street, U.S.A. The Creepa Crew will lead guests in a choreographed dance to China Anne McClain’s “Calling All the Monsters” (you can get a quick lesson here), as well as a performance to “Monster Mash.” This year’s “Boo To You” parade will also feature the Halloween debut of the Jolly Roger Pirate Flag Corps.

And then there’s the candy: A total of 215 tons have been trucked in for this fall’s 23 party nights. This year, guests can enjoy trick-or-treating at 16 different candy stations scattered throughout the park, including a new stop in Storybook Circus called Casey Jr.’s Candy Junction. The candy selection will also feature a few new additions, but you’ll have to see for yourself exactly what’s in store.

Remaining party dates are:

• September 11, 14, 18 21, 25, 28, 30
  • October 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 28, 30 and 31
  • November 2

Advance savings of $6 per ticket are available for select dates. Special after-hours tickets are required. For additional information, guests may visit www.disneyworld.com/halloween.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Emily on September 11th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Is the Headless Horseman returning this year?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 11th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Of course! He’s one of my favorite parts.

Sherrie from OH on September 11th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Oh how I wish I were there! Today is my birthday, and how I would like to be celebrating with Mickey!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 11th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Happy birthday, Sherrie. I hope it was a great one.

linda on September 11th, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Heading there this Friday, attending the 9/18 party, can’t wait

Lauren on September 11th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

My boyfriend and I are going on Sept 18th and the 21st. We are so excited!!! How early are you allowed to go into the park with a costume? We have already bought our tickets for the park during the day and for the Halloween Party at night. But we want to be able to enjoy the Magic Kingdom all day long.

Audrey Allison from TN on September 11th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

have our tickets for October 25th…. can’t wait!!

Eddie on September 11th, 2012 at 9:12 pm

We love MNSSHP, but I am having back surgery on October 9th and with the recovery won’t return to WDW until October 2014. Is there any way my daughter could get one of the Chip & Dale Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards for her collection? She saw a picture of it online and asked me if I could get it for her. I’d really appreciate it if you could sent her one, her birthday is October 18th.

Alison on September 11th, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I get to go Friday, SO excited! My friend is there tonight, and I heard there was one very cool character she got to talk to. I’m not going to say who, because it’ll be more fun to see if the Blog posts about it, but I am definitely hoping to have a conversation too!

Boo to you and you and you and you…happy Halloween!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 12th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Oh no! There are so many cool characters. Guess the pressure is on for me! :)

Andres from FL on September 11th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

i’m visiting in a couple weeks. One question, at what time can you get in the Magic Kingdom. Jennifer I know the ticket says 7:00 pm, but I read somewhere (and I believe I did it a couple years ago for the Magic Kingdom’s Christmas Party) you can enter with this ticket as early as 4:00 pm?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 12th, 2012 at 9:14 am

Correct, it is 4 p.m.

Georgina on September 12th, 2012 at 6:44 am

Going to Mickey’s not so scary halloween party with my best friend on 25th September!! So excited! 8 days till I’m back in Walt Disney World!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 12th, 2012 at 8:59 am

Have a blast! I’m taking my son pretty soon…no final decisions on costumes yet.

Jennie on September 12th, 2012 at 8:42 am

Are the seven dwarfs still between splash mountain and thunder mountain this year?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 12th, 2012 at 8:59 am

Here’s a link where you can find a map for the event this year, with character greeting locations marked. All entertainment is subject to change! http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Tracy on September 12th, 2012 at 9:29 am

We are going this October. It is going to be the first time for my kids and me. I am so excited! It almost makes up for missing the opening of New Fantasyland. :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 12th, 2012 at 11:20 am

I know you’ll have a ton of fun. The park is amazing at this time of year.

Michelle on September 12th, 2012 at 9:47 am

SQUEE!!! Only 39 more days!! This will be my mother’s first time and we CAN’T WAIT!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 12th, 2012 at 11:20 am

I hope you have a great time!

Michelle on September 12th, 2012 at 9:59 am

I wish I were there!!!

Michael from PA on September 12th, 2012 at 11:17 am

I will be at the Halloween Party on Sept 30 with my son, Michael Jr. Looking forward to it! 61 and 29, but still kids at heart!

Jonathan on September 12th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Here are some of the meet and greets I saw last night:

•Phineas & Ferb – Town Hall
•Tarzan/Jane/Turk (alternating) – Adventureland Terrace
•Seven Dwarfs – Splash Mountain exit
•Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger – Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
•Villains – Main Street Hub

As far as candy is concerned, there were no boxes of raisins this year. They gave out bananas (and candy) at the Jungle Cruise candy location.

David on September 12th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Thanks Jenn, do they still have the free face painting that used to be in Toontown Fair?

Lauren on September 12th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

What cool character is Alison talking about?

jesus from CA on September 13th, 2012 at 2:12 am

I want candies and chocolate what kind there giving today

Kim from FL on September 13th, 2012 at 11:46 am

are they doing free face painting this year?

Kelly on September 14th, 2012 at 9:58 am

I went to my first Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party last year, immediately following my fiances proposal to me at Cinderella Castle. Couldn’t make it this year but planning on next! :)

Marissa from FL on September 17th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

What kind of candy do they give out? Just wondering since this year may be my first time going to MNSSHP.

Kurt from IN on September 17th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

What time is parade?

michael on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:49 am

I have done the one at the Magic Kingdom, and I will be doing the one at Disneyland next week. I am curious which one is better, and what they do different. Cant Wait!!!!!!