Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Fans Receive an Extra ‘Treat’ at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

posted on September 25th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Have you attended Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party yet this year?

If not, and you happen to be a fan of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom interactive game, you won’t want to miss this year’s event. In addition to the simple fact that the party is an absolute blast of Halloween fun (with special entertainment, fireworks, trick-or-treating and more), this year’s guests can pick up a special Halloween-themed Sorcerers card that’s been designed exclusively for this event.
The 'Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Bag of Tricks' Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card, Available Only at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

This card, the “Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Bag of Tricks” card, will be handed out separately from the regular Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card packs (and yes, you can pick up both while at the party). This card is available only at the Magic Kingdom Firehouse Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom location during the party, and guests must show their party ticket and wristband in order to get one.

For more information on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, don’t miss these previous posts:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Chris from CA on September 25th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Very cool.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 25th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thanks!

Kimberly from PA on September 25th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

There should be a way for out of state Disney card lovers to get the special cards. I will not bid on ebay for a card that I would of gotten free if I lived near Disney and could go everytime they have a special card for the game. I do love disney and the card game but we only get there twice a year, We buy an annual pass. Please think of a way for folks like us who would love to get the special card also.

JOHN from MA on September 25th, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hi, trying to plan vacation 6/13,do you know if snow white will be open? thank you

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 25th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train doesn’t open until 2014.

Hannah on September 25th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

We went to the Party and got our Chip and Dale card! We LOVE it!

Will there be a Very Merry Christmas Party card as well?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 25th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Great to hear – no word on a special card for that party. I think they want to see how this goes first. :)

Cheryl on September 25th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Kimberly the card is not really “free”. You have to buy a ticket to MNSSHP which runs around $60 in order to get the card.

Joyce on September 25th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

oh man, PLEASE tell me that this will be an annual tradition – hopefully the halloween card but DEFINITELY the card game itself! Disneyworld has such a rich atmosphere its a shame more interactive features aren’t implemented to enjoy the scenery people worked so hard to build. the Kim Possible world showcase quest was interesting when i was there last, but being more of a classic disney movie fan (like i imagine most park-goers are) this game looks so super appealing. i sure hope its still around when my husband & family gets to visit again in 2014!

Stephanie on September 25th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

John, I think they are saying 2014 for the Seven Dwarf ride.

Brian on September 25th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

When will Disneyland be getting something like this?

Eric from MA on September 26th, 2012 at 3:55 am

Event exclusives? Okay, SotMK is -officially- becoming more like the days of those old in-park Virtual Magic Kingdom cards, that you had to go on scavenger hunts all over the parks to get. I miss those. :)

Jennifer from AZ on September 26th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Please, please, please… Consider bringing back VMK! It was nice to be able to “visit the parks” daily, when you don’t live close to one in real life.

Allie on September 26th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

This is so cool! I LOVE Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom; my friend and I are even writing a fan-fiction story based on it!

We normally go to the Not-So-Scary Halloween party every year, but this year we rescheduled for December, so we can attend the grand opening of New Fantasyland. Fingers crossed that this card is back next year (or maybe I’ll check eBay), and that there’s a card for the Christmas party too!

And I LOVED VMK too!

Allyson on September 30th, 2012 at 11:26 am

How cool!! We’re headed to the Halloween party (my FAVORITE time of the year!) this weekend but I’m far too pregnant to go on many of my favorite rides! It looks like I found my adventure for the party night! So excited!

Jami on October 2nd, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I agree with @Kimberly from PA. I want one of these cards so bad, but I refuse to buy one on ebay.

Meaghan from KY on October 4th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

We attended the MNSSHP on the 28th, during the party, and got our regular Sorcerer’s cards, but not this one. Is there any way to get one retroactively, if they didn’t give it to us?

Christeen on October 10th, 2012 at 10:23 am

There is not a way to get a MNSSHP if you didn’t get it the night of the party. You must be present at the party, in the Firehouse and show your wristband (on your arm) and your party ticket for that date. Also, each member of you party must be present in the distribution location to receive that special event Sorcerer card.