Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Stroke Survivor Laura Patterson Runs Disneyland Half Marathon

posted on September 5th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Just one year ago, Laura Patterson survived a stroke – and this weekend she completed the Disneyland Half Marathon! After learning to walk again, Laura went on to running and hasn’t stopped – all the way through the finish line this past Sunday. Watch her triumphant finish alongside her coach and friends.

Did you finish the Disneyland Half Marathon this weekend? Tell us your story in the comments!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Special Events

Jean from ME on September 5th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

You go girl!!! You are an inspiration to all of us.

Kristina on September 5th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

These are the stories that make runDisney events truly magical!!!!!!

cathy from PA on September 5th, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you.

Jessica on September 5th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

This is truly inspirational! Makes me even more excited that I am doing the Princess Half Marathon next year and definitely gonna do next year’s Disneyland Half marathon so I could complete the coast-to-coast challenge!

Melissa on September 6th, 2012 at 2:01 am

How inspirational!! Despite being in a Crohn’s Disease flare for the past 9 months I not only ran the Disneyland Half Marathon this past weekend, but I completed my challenge of running 13 half marathons in 13 months!! 13 Going on Crazy as I like to call it!

Mike on September 6th, 2012 at 2:53 am

congrats to laura!!
about two years ago, I decided to quit smoking (of 8 years) and my goal was to run the half marathon. needless to say, when i crossed the finish line, it was the best feeling in the world. hopefully 2014, im ready to tackle on the full marathon at disneyworld!

Alaina on September 6th, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Congrats my friend! Lolo, we are so very proud of you. Love ya!

Kyle on September 10th, 2012 at 12:20 pm

WoW! What a great story! I’m training for WDW Princess Half marathon in 2014 and stories like this keep me going whenever I feel discouraged! Great Job Laura!!