Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

All in the Details: Exploring the Eerie West Wing of Beast’s Castle in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on October 16th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

In yesterday’s live chat with Imagineer Chris Beatty, we shared the first detailed look inside Be Our Guest Restaurant, including a glimpse of the lovely Rose Gallery and eerie West Wing dining rooms.

In case you missed the chat (which can be replayed in its entirety here), Walt Disney Imagineering shared this video, in which Imagineers Chris Kelly, Ted Robledo and Tim Warzecha walk you through each of the three dining rooms in the Be Our Guest Restaurant. Follow them through the royal entrance and into the elegant Ballroom, glamorous Rose Gallery, and the darker West Wing where the Enchanted Rose lies.

The Rose Gallery in Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park The West Wing in Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park The West Wing in Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

Today, we’re happy to share a few additional photos of the Rose Gallery and West Wing with you that show some of the smaller details up-close.

If you’d like to explore Be Our Guest Restaurant for yourself, click here to learn more.

Thanks to Disney Photographers David Roark and Gene Duncan.

See more of Be Our Guest Restaurant in the posts below:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Nicole from FL on October 16th, 2012 at 9:44 am

I’ll be there on December 8th for dinner! I can’t wait! What I went through for that reservation…

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 10:21 am

Between the ambiance and the menu, it will be worth it!

Marlene from NC on October 16th, 2012 at 10:12 am

Oh my god. This is my favorite Disney movie. I just can’t wait to eat at the restaurant. It’s beautiful!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 10:22 am

Michelle on October 16th, 2012 at 10:17 am

The pictures and video are awe inspiring. What a fantastic job the imagineers did! I’m having dinner at Be Our Guest on my birthday in March. Can’t wait to see all of it in person.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 10:23 am

That’s sure to be one memorable birthday!

Joseph on October 16th, 2012 at 10:56 am

we were so overwhelmed with emotion when we walked into this area last week for the sneek preview. it is so beautiful and very well done. i am going through all my photos now and reliving the experience over and over.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 11:11 am

I’m happy to hear that you liked it, Joseph. I can’t wait to experience it fully!

Colleen from TX on October 16th, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thanks for sharing so much of this incredible project. It will be a wonderful and special place to take my kids. These videos really help prepare my oldest daughter, with autism, so she will be able to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

That’s great to hear, Colleen. I hope you can all enjoy this place together next time you’re at WDW.

Christopher on October 16th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Absolutely love the idea of the beast’s changing portrait that changes whenever a petal falls from the rose. LOVE IT! Awesome effect and great detail.

Gustavo on October 16th, 2012 at 11:47 am

This looks amazing!
Unfortunately, we couldn’t get dining reservations, so I was wondering if we’ll be able to enter these areas during the day/lunchtime?
It would be a bummer if we couldn’t get to visit this place!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Lunch is offered on a first-come/first-served basis and no reservations are taken for lunch. You could try that.

Katie on October 16th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Reading that there is a possibility that I will be able to see this on November 17th at the end of our trip …with IMAGINEERS!!!! (my forever dream profession)…really made my birthday (today!) !!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Happy birthday, Katie!

Joshua on October 16th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

The level of detail is amazing in just this video. I especially loved the quick couple seconds they showed of the windows with snow falling, amazing! I saw a video the other day of the soft opening walk through of the New Fantasyland and I must say, it looks amazing. I went to Magic Kingdom in April for my honeymoon and I must say the transformation is just spectacular. Cannot wait to make a return trip and see everything for myself.

Judson on October 16th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Wow, just WOW! They have outdone them selves on this project. Walt Disney would have been so proud.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Agreed. It’s seriously amazing.

Scott from IL on October 16th, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Will all three dining rooms be open for the Quick Service (lunch) and Table Service (dinner) meals, or will some be specific only to Table Service? The West Wing looks amazing, and I’m wondering if those without reservations would be able to experience it as a QS. I have reservations myself, but I have family visiting as well that only wanted to do QS, and I am wondering if they will be able to see all the rooms or not.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Yes, I’ve confirmed that all three dining rooms will be open during lunch hours.

Kristen on October 16th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

We will be there the week it opens. Will we be able to enjoy the quick serivce on the 6th? Or do we have to wait until the 7th to eat at the resturant?

Lindsey on October 16th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I am the biggest Beauty and the Beast fan ever! This video has me in tears! I cannot wait for my next trip to Disney to discover this!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I’m happy you enjoyed it, Lindsey. You must be a big Beauty & the Beast fan!

Michael on October 16th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I just finished showing my 4yr old the video. Her only words “It’s beautiful!” Still working the reservation line and website hoping to catch a cancellation for dinner. :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Best of luck!

Nicole on October 16th, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I, too, would like to know if all three rooms will be accessible during lunch hours. They are so beautiful and I would love to see all three in person. But, like many others, we were unable to secure a dinner reservation =(

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Kristy on October 16th, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Love that there is a hidden Mickey in the fire place

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 17th, 2012 at 9:13 am

:) I think you’re the first commenter who noticed.

Janet on October 17th, 2012 at 4:44 am

I loved the video — thanks for sharing it with us. I look forward to dining there on a future Walt Disney World vacation. The Beast’s Castle looks amazing.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 17th, 2012 at 9:13 am

I’m glad you liked it.

Donna on October 17th, 2012 at 10:20 am

Our grandaughter’s birthday is November 19th. The same day as the restaurant opens. We are celebrating at Disney for Shelby’s birthday and will check in on Nov 23rd. We have reservations for Dinner at Be Our Guest that night at 8 pm. She will be 4. Is there anything this restaurant does for birthday celebrations? We’ve been watching the movie with her. I can’t wait!

Michael on October 17th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Good eye Kristy! I don’t think I would have spotted that without knowing it was there! Thanks!

Kelly on October 17th, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Absolutely stunning. I have reservations for dinner in April. I’m so glad I made them, as I think this will become the ‘new’ Le Cellier — impossible to get into. :-)

Can’t wait!

Nancy on October 18th, 2012 at 6:03 am

Can’t wait to see it..will be there December 4th. Do you know what the times are for lunch?Thank you for all your posts this is absolutley gorgeous.

Dena on October 18th, 2012 at 4:16 pm

My heart is bursting with excitement!! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites! I got misty eyed watching this video. I cried when I found out we had a reservation for the soft opening day. My husband and I are going to try and attend on the day of the Grand Opening, but no reservations for that day.

As a Disney-princess at heart, I am so looking forward to being able to walk into the story of one of my favorite movies! Just need some Dalmatians in the parks somewhere and I’ll be as happy as a clam! :)

Susan on October 19th, 2012 at 11:02 am

Really looking forward to exploring this restaurant! Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite since it came out. So excited to see it brand new! Couldn’t get dinner reservations :( but we’ll definitely be there for lunch.

Robert on October 21st, 2012 at 2:00 am

Awesome!! Can’t wait. This is the Disney I know and Love!

Amanda on October 22nd, 2012 at 12:57 pm

My family and I will be visiting from Ireland from 28th Oct for 2 weeks. Will there be any possibility of getting into the castle, or having a sneak preview then?
It am heartbroken that it wont be open fully by then.

Lizzie on October 22nd, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Oh Wow, it’s breathtaking! It literally takes my breath away! I love this movie and can’t wait to visit again with my husband and kids – it was under construction when we were there, so it will be great to eat there! Is there a dress code here?

michelle on October 23rd, 2012 at 7:30 am

hey Jen , we made are WDW reserverations after the anoncement of be are guest and now we are unable to get reservations , are they going to allow people to wait in line for cancelations ?? we are comeing in Dec 4th thur the 10th ??

Kellie on October 23rd, 2012 at 11:00 am

The website states that the restaurant will serve quick service meals for lunch and table service meals for dinner. In that case, do I need a reservation for lunch? Thanks!