Disneyland Monorail

Artisans Make Magic for Merchandise Events at the Disneyland Resort

posted on October 29th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

The holidays are quickly approaching and everyone’s schedule is starting to get a little bit busier, so here is quick snapshot at some of the events, product releases and debuts taking place over the next month.

Disneyland Resort's Matterhorn Bobsleds Artwork by Jeff Granito

On November 10, I invite you to immerse yourself in the magic of Fantasyland with new artwork from Disney Parks created by Imagineers Brian Crosby, Jim Crouch and Jeremy Fulton, along with Disney-inspired artists Steve Adams, Jody Daily, Jeff Granito and George Scribner.

Tip: Artists will be appearing at The Disney Gallery in Disneyland park, November 10 from 9-11 a.m.

Katie Kelly to Debut 'Sleepy Hollow' Artwork at Disneyland Resort

On November 18, local artist Katie Kelly will debut her latest piece titled, “Sleepy Hollow,” among other enchanting releases from her collection.

Tip: Katie will appear at the Disneyana Shop in Disneyland park, November 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Peter Pan Sculpture by Jim Shore, Making an Appearance at Disneyland Resort in the Coming Months

This next release will make your heart soar, as you join Peter Pan and Tinker Bell aboard a fanciful pirate galleon destined for Never Land. Stylized with Jim Shore’s distinctive patterning and with the appearance of carved wood, this piece will evoke pixie dust memories of your flight on the famed Fantasyland attraction. Jim will be making special appearances at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts in the coming months, as we celebrate the debut of the Disney Theme Park Exclusive piece, “Peter Pan’s Flight,” as well as other pieces from his holiday collection. Unable to attend the event? A limited number of pieces are currently available to purchase through Walt Disney Event Services and via ArtofDisneyParks.com.

Tip: Jim will be appearing at the Walt Disney World Resort, November 23–25 and at the Disneyland Resort, December 1–2.

Haunted Mansion Artwork by Larry Dotson

From November 27–29, renowned artist Larry Dotson will return once again as part of a special artist showcase taking place in The Disney Gallery at Disneyland park.

Tip: Look for Larry beginning at noon each day.

Holiday Dolls from Precious Moments Doll Maker Linda Rick

Last but certainly not least is one of our favorite Precious Moments Doll Makers, Linda Rick, whose new holiday collection of dolls can be described in one word: dazzling.

Tip: Linda will appear November 30 – December 2, from noon to 10 p.m. each day at World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District, and again December 14-16 from noon to 10 p.m. each day at the Disneyana Shop in Disneyland park.

I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted thinking about all of these. So don’t forget to mark your calendars, so you don’t miss out. Details on each of these are available now on www.ArtofDisneyParks.com.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Art of Disney, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Eric from CA on October 29th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Great looking new Attractions poster. Is that an official update to the current one or just artwork for the Gallery Exhibit? Nicole and I will coincidently down that weekend. Looking forward to seeing it!

Michelle Harker on October 29th, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hi Eric! Great to hear from you! The Matterhorn Bobsleds image by Jeff Granito is just one of the many images by our artists that will be available as part of the release and signing. Jeff’s image will be available as a limited edition giclee and deluxe print. Here’s a link to some of the other pieces that you will find. Have a safe trip! Hope to see you there.

Sherri from CA on October 29th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Will the Matterhorn poster be available for purchase, or is it only for display?

Michelle Harker on October 29th, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Hi Sherri! It’s definitely available for purchase. The Matterhorn Bobsleds image will be available as a limited edition giclee and deluxe print.

Chad on October 29th, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Holy Moly! I want that Matterhorn Bobsleds print! That is amazing and would look great next to my original poster. I saw that it will be available but when? Thanks so much.

Michelle Harker on October 30th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Chad, look for the Matterhorn Bobsleds piece to debut on Nov. 10 at The Disney Gallery in Disneyland park.

Jaime on October 29th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

for the precious moments dolls who is it in the back row second from the right? I can’t figure that one out. I have back row from the left Mulan, Jasmin, Rapunzel, Aurora, Tiana, mystery doll, and Cinderella. And front row from the left Pocahontas, Snow White, Tinkerbell, Belle, and Ariel. is it a prince maybe?

Michelle Harker on October 30th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Jaime, it is in fact a prince, you are correct. I believe that the Prince and Cinderella will be sold as a set.

Timothy on October 29th, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I am LOVING the Matterhorn Bobsleds artwork by Jeff Granito. The style, the colors…all I can say is WOW! I know I’ll be picking up this piece!

Jim from CA on October 30th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I hope that the Matterhorn Print will still be available when I head down on the 17th.

Joshua on October 30th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

The new Jody Daily pieces being debuted look wonderful. Any information on what format each of those will be available in? Looking forward to picking up one or both!

Michelle Harker on October 31st, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Joshua, I’m so glad you liked them. The Peter Pan’s Flight piece will be released in the following formats – Original, Limited Edition Giclee and Deluxe Print. The Mr. Toad piece will be released as a Limited Edition Giclee and Deluxe Print. Hope that helps.

Nicole on October 31st, 2012 at 11:36 am

We love Larry Dotson! We had the pleasure of meeting him at Disney’s Hollywood Studios last year. He was such a nice gentleman and was kind enough to help us decide on which of his many beautiful pieces to buy. His piece of Cinderella Castle during Wishes is by far my favorite.

Rebecca on October 31st, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I love the Precious Moments Dolls, but I live in Arizona! :( Will these dolls be available outside of the parks and online? I would like to know because I love them A LOT!!!!!!

Rebecca on October 31st, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I love the Precious Moments Dolls!!!!! Are they only available at the parks or will they be available online too?

Allie on November 1st, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I love that Jim Shore Peter Pan figurine! :) Is it a limited edition, or will they be sold regularly?

Timothy on November 20th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I forgot to call Disney DelivEARS on November 10th, but I just finished my call with them. They still have a few of the Matterhorn Bobsleds 11″x17″ lithos left by Jeff Granito, so I ordered one. It should arrive in about 10 days due to Thanksgiving. I know what I’m thankful for even before it arrives!