Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Did You ‘Wreck-It’ at the Disney Parks Blog ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ Meet-Up?

posted on October 22nd, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

“I’m gonna wreck-it!”

I can’t tell you how many times I heard this phrase happily shouted across DisneyQuest this past Saturday – and each time it made me smile.

Did You 'Wreck-It' at the Disney Parks Blog 'Wreck-It Ralph' Meet-Up?

The fun was all a part of the Disney Parks Blog “Wreck-It Ralph” Family Game Day Meet-Up, which began at DisneyQuest, where our guests got to explore the complex, participate in game competitions, play the film-inspired “Fix-It Felix, Jr.” video game, enjoy photo opportunities and more.

We later moved to AMC Downtown Disney 24, where our attendees were treated to a screening of the film “Wreck-It Ralph” days before its November 2 debut!

Check out our video recap for highlights from the event. And be sure to keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog in early November, when we’ll share information on our next meet-up opportunity.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

David on October 22nd, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Oh my gosh, I love the Fix it Felix costumes. Would love to find one in time for Halloween. Any suggestions?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:42 am

David – I’m pretty sure these folks made their own costume. All you really need is a blue shirt and hat, jeans, a tool belt and (toy?) hammer.

Stephanie on October 22nd, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Huge thanks to Jennifer and the Disney Parks Blog team! DisneyQuest was an amazing experience and the movie was fun and heartfelt. We felt like super-important, super-special VIPs all morning! You planned such a fantastic day that we “big kids” could really enjoy! (You can see us enjoying it in the front row of the theater at the 1:06 mark in the video!!) My friends and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us at the next Meet-Up! Please keep them coming!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:43 am

Thanks so much, Stephanie. Our team really worked hard to plan this, so it’s great to hear that you had a good time. Thanks also to our friends at the Studios that helped make this happen. Keep you eye on the blog for future events.

Danielle from FL on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:57 am

I second Stephanie’s remarks. We had a fantastic time at this event and absolutely LOVE this movie. Thank you so much for the opportunity to enjoy DisneyQuest and see this wonderful film. Any Disney fan, any video game fan, any family must see this film.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 23rd, 2012 at 11:57 am

We’re happy to hear it!

Joseph on October 23rd, 2012 at 9:29 am

Thanks again for hosting such an awesome event. My family had a GREAT time and we have been telling everyone we know (with kids or without) they need to see Wreck It Ralph on 11-2!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 25th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Thank you and thank you!

Joseph on October 23rd, 2012 at 9:57 am

It was a great event thanks so much for hosting it!!! Awesome movie I have been telling everyone about it.

David on October 23rd, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Thanks for a great time (and posting my family’s photo as we Wreck-It!)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 25th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Kelly on October 24th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I absolutely loved “Wreck It Ralph”!!! I am so happy that we are in the video and pictures. I sent the link to everyone I know! I also love the fix it felix hat. (My family member got high score in pac man)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 25th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Very cool. Pac-Man is one of my all-time favorites. And I always beat my husband, but don’t tell him I said that.

Adrianna on October 25th, 2012 at 9:33 am

We definitely Wrecked It and Tweeted about it and blogged about it!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 25th, 2012 at 8:24 pm