Walt Disney and Mickey Statue at Cinderella Castle

Exclusive Disney PhotoPass ‘Magic Shots’ Available During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on October 5th, 2012 by Kelly Glassburn, Manager of Marketing & Communications, Disney’s PhotoPass Service

There are two things that I look forward to every fall: pumpkin-flavored lattes and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Sweets, laughs and costumes – what’s not to love?

This year, Disney PhotoPass photographers have a ghostly surprise for guests attending the event: two exclusive “Magic Shots” featuring the Hitchhiking Ghosts. Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party event nights only, photographers located in front of The Haunted Mansion, Liberty Square and the Adventureland bridge will pose you and your family alongside the iconic Disney Parks ghosts.

Exclusive Disney PhotoPass 'Magic Shots' Available During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park

While they might not be visible to the naked eye, the Hitchhiking Ghosts will appear in your photo just like magic. These exclusive Magic Shots have become a Disney PhotoPass Service Halloween tradition and make a unique souvenir of your visit to Magic Kingdom Park during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

Once the Magic Shot has been captured, a photographer will provide a PhotoPass card you can take to a PhotoPass Sales Center or enter the 16-digit code on the back of the card at DisneyPhotoPass.com to view your photos.

Want to take these exclusive Magic Shots and your Walt Disney World Resort memories home for one price? Disney PhotoPass Service’s newest product Disney PhotoPass+ might be right for you. With Disney PhotoPass+, you can have all your PhotoPass photos and participating attraction and dining photos for one price. Click here for more information and to order Disney PhotoPass+.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Crystal from VA on October 5th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

We love the ghost magic shots! 20 days and counting until we get our photo with the hitchhiking ghosts. :)

Douglas from MD on October 5th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Will there be magic shots for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party too?

Melissa on October 5th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Does this also happen during Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland?

Kathleen on October 5th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

24 Days! Cant wait!

Aaron on October 6th, 2012 at 11:44 am

I’m also wondering if these will be available at the Halloween party in Disneyland too. I wouldn’t see why they could do them at WDW but not DLR!

Christine on October 6th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Why didn’t you tell us! I have been to two Halloween parties!! I thought the hitchhiking ghosts were not available in front of the Haunted Mansion because of copyrights to Jack and the decor for Christmas!! I have one more Halloween party to attend, and I hope that I can find those photographers!!

MURIEL on October 7th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thank you for telling us about the hitchhiking ghosts. This is my 3rd. Halloween party and I just can’t wait for the 11th to trick a treat. Thank you so much for all the MAGICAL days at all Disney Parks.

Lauren on October 7th, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I have a question. You mention that there are photographers on the Adventureland bridge taking a magic shot. Is that for the Hitchhiking Ghost magic photo, or is a different photo taken there???

I ask because I was at the MNSSHP on Sept. 28th, and had quite a hard time finding the photographer for the Hitchhinking Ghost magic shot as they weren’t in the same spot as at last year’s party. I finally found them against a wall on the side of the Hall of Presidents by the Columbia Harbour House, but with all the lights there, found it to be less of a “ghostly” and dark location for the photo. Could I have taken the same Hitchhiking Ghost photo on the Adventureland bridge??? Because I will be going to another MNSSHP in a few weeks. Thanks.

Roseann from NJ on October 8th, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Roseann from New Jersey
That is great to know about the Magic Shots. Do they have the magic shots for Christmas week, but not just for the party? We really enjoy the PhotoPass and have been using them for the past 3 trips. It is well worth it! P.S. I am thankful for this blog, lots of helpful tips.