Disney's Electrical Parade

Finding Nemo Merchandise in Disney’s Art of Animation Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on October 15th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Finding

With the release of Disney-Pixar’s “Finding Nemo 3-D” in theaters, Disney Movie Rewards launched the “Just Keep Swimming” sweepstakes for Disney Movie Reward members (see their website for all the details). The grand prize includes a five-night Walt Disney World Resort vacation for six with a stay in a family suite at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. After recently seeing a link to this sweepstakes on Walt Disney World’s Facebook page, I visited the Ink & Paint Shop at the resort for a look at some current (and upcoming) “Finding Nemo” merchandise offered at Disney Parks.

Dude (I couldn’t resist)! I begin with an upcoming two-figure Vinylmation set that will be released in spring 2013. Part of the Pixar Series #1, the set contains two of my favorite characters from the movie – Crush and his son, Squirt – as designed by artist Maria Clapsis. You will see several limited edition sets released in the coming months as part of this new Vinylmation series (think Little Green Men from “Toy Story” or Tuck and Roll from “a bug’s life”).

“Finding

We will kick off this Pixar-themed Vinylmation collection on November 16 with the release of a limited release mystery series containing 12, three-inch figures (Nemo is naturally part of that series). Look for the series at the D Street locations in California and Florida once released.

“Finding

I “found” a collection of other Nemo and friends items that are currently available in the Ink & Paint Shop. I liked the Nemo-shaped bucket, which made me want to visit the beach. I also enjoyed two T-shirts that featured quotes from Dory and Marlin.

“Finding

To round out the assortment, I spotted items such as figurines, antenna toppers, toys, plush and shirts. One of the most unique items I found was a shower curtain similar to the curtains that are used in guests’ rooms at the resort. Look for three additional curtains including Ariel, characters from “The Lion King” and Mater with Lightning McQueen from “Cars.”

Here is a gallery of some additional items I found during my visit.

Read more about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort in the posts below:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Dave on October 15th, 2012 at 11:58 am

Any chance that they Pixar Series 1 Vinylmation trays will be sold online?

Steven Miller on October 15th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

@Dave – Yes! The series is planned to be released via the online Disney Parks store on November 16 as well – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

We will be holding a special release party for the series on November 16 at D-Street in Downtown Disney West Side. Disney Design Group artists Thomas Scott, Ron Cohee and Maria Clapsis will be meeting with fans from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the location.

Crystal from VA on October 15th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Shower curtains! Excellent. My kids will love these!

Steven Miller on October 15th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

@Crystal – They look great! I discovered that the artwork for the “Finding Nemo” and Ariel curtains was created by Disney Design Group artist Ron Cohee. He spent several years with Feature Animation, and worked on a variety of motion pictures, including “Pocahontas,” “Mulan” and “The Princess and the Frog.” I wish I had his talent!

Elke on October 15th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Wonderful merchandise! Being a European Vinylmation collector, I’m wondering whether the combo sets and / or the mystery series will also be available at Disneyland Paris?

Ryan from NC on October 16th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Steven – Any chance we’ll be seeing a set of the Radiator Springs postcards from the window of the Cozy Cone and/or a version of the Cozy Cone alarm clocks?

emeline on October 16th, 2012 at 10:22 am

will the shower curtains be available to sell online?? stayed at art of animation last month and they were to die for!!

Steven Miller on October 16th, 2012 at 10:39 am

@Elke – I spoke with the Vinylmation team who said that Disneyland Paris will eventually carry the limited release mystery Pixar Series #1. They won’t have the combo pack or the limited edition items. Unfortunately, I don’t have an exact time that will happen.

@Ryan – I don’t know of any plans at this point for either item. Being a postcard fan, I would love to have such a set!

@Emeline – Your best option would be to contact Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Guest Services at 1-877-560-6477 or send an email to: merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com

For the Finding Nemo curtain, please reference item number 400006745576

emeline on October 16th, 2012 at 10:23 am

buy**

Jason from ON on October 18th, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I see that Pixar is going to be at parks and online, but will it be available in the Disney stores as well?

Angela from IN on October 25th, 2012 at 11:07 am

I have the same question as Jason…will the Vinylmations also be sold in Disney Stores?? thanks!