Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Getting the Day Started at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks

posted on October 22nd, 2012 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

I’m not much of an early bird, but some things are worth setting the alarm for, and a Disney Parks morning open moment is definitely one of them. In Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, you can feel the energy as guests anxiously wait for the opening announcements from Bill Rogers and Camille Dixon – the husband-and-wife team we previously featured here on the Disney Parks Blog. There is a common bond you feel with fellow guests, knowing you’ll be among the first to walk (not run!) to your favorite attraction.

If you’ve hit the snooze button one too many times, check out the video below to see what you have been missing.

Have you ever experienced a Disney Parks morning open moment, and if so, what attraction did you go to first?

Watch more videos from the Disneyland Resort in the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Shawn on October 22nd, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I start the same way I do when coming later. Jungle Cruise! I love routine.

JoAnn from ND on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:05 pm

1. Getting Fast Passes for World of Color.
2. Surprised that Toy Story wasn’t open. Went to Soarin’.

Michelle on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I’ve never been at a rope drop but I’m trying to fix that on our upcoming trip! My boyfriend is skeptical (I’m NOT a morning person) but I’m hoping for some Disney Magic (and a little “Too excited to sleep” syndrome) to get me up and moving early enough!

Erika on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:15 pm

The “rope drop” is one of my favorite times of day at Disneyland! For those of us who can get up early and make it to the gates before operating hours begin, the lines are much shorter and the park is so fresh and perfect! It was family tradition to go through the castle right away and onto Peter Pan’s Flight as our first attraction, but these days we tend to head for an e-ticket in Tomorrowland to get a fast pass and maybe a standby ride in before the crowds of late-risers descend. The Early Bird gets the front seat on Space Mountain!

Danielle from FL on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:16 pm

That gave me goosebumps! CAN’T WAIT for our December trip!

We take advantage of magic morning hours and enjoy all of Fantasyland in under an hour.

Allie on October 22nd, 2012 at 4:18 pm

In WDW, I’ve been to park openings at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios! The opening ceremony at MK is very cute. :) One time, we got there at opening, and headed straight for Fantasyland. We got to Toontown (RIP, Toontown)before Toontown actually opened, so we were literally first in line to meet the Fairies! At Hollywood Studios, we made a beeline for Toy Story Mania. One of us got fastpasses while the rest of us got in line, so we could essentially ride it twice in a row!

Diane from BC on October 22nd, 2012 at 4:24 pm

We have done this twice….we ran for the Finding Nemo ride in Disneyland….we were one of the first to ride…by the time we got off there was already a 30 mintue wait…I love it…the other time was for California Adventure where we ran to Toy Story Mania….

Jessica on October 22nd, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I’ve been there when the rope drops plenty of times, and my family and I always make it so we are the first ones on Pirates!

Joi on October 22nd, 2012 at 7:17 pm

We love to be there at opening on Friday mornings but sad for us my daughter started school this year and it is sad to go without her ( Shhhh.. but we have). We got cinnamon twists and coffee and visit peter pan (because we can finish it before we get on the ride) or the tiki room because you can eat in there.

Dinah on October 22nd, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I’m not a morning person as well, but I made sure to be there last year for the rope drop on one of the days they hand make the candy canes at Candy Palace. VERY COOL!! Glad I decided to do that. Will be interested to see if anything changes with the new layout.

Shannon on October 22nd, 2012 at 11:05 pm

My last trip we were there for opening two days. On one day we were waling down Main Street and my 6 year old daughter was asked to press the magic button that opens the park for the day! Great memory and we still got to walk on to Nemo!

Kathy on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:56 pm

My husband and I took our 7 yr old granddaughter to DisneyLand for her first time in January. We did the Disney morning, starting with Space Mountain, which she loved. Then to Toon Town, it was a blast. She collected so many first time buttons and was thrilled with it all. She has been asking when we are going again. Hopefully that will be soon.

Carrielyn on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:09 pm

When our daughter was younger the first stop was Dumbo but now it’s Peter Pan’s Flight. At Disneyland the wait for that gets so long!

Jamie on October 24th, 2012 at 8:07 am

Do they do this same rope ceremony at WDW in Florida?