Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Live Chat: Talk New Fantasyland With Imagineer Chris Beatty at 2 p.m. EDT

posted on October 15th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Who’s ready to talk New Fantasyland?

“Imagineer

Imagineer Chris Beatty will be with us right here on the Disney Parks Blog, beginning at 2 p.m. EDT, to answer some of your questions about the New Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Park. We’ve received many questions so far, but please keep them coming. You can submit your queries right here for Chris during the chat.

This will be a text chat with a video element later on that will play automatically on most computers. You may wish to adjust your speakers now.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on New Fantasyland. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Lauren on October 15th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Can you give any specifics about any events, ceremonies, pomp and circumstance, etc. that will be going on for the Grand Opening of New Fantasyland on December 6th beyond just limited edition merchandise special for the day? Will there be any opening day ceremonies or festivities, similar to the opening of The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure ride in Disney California Adventure Park last year where Jodi Benson and Alan Menken performed as part of the opening day ceremony? Any information and specifics you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lauren on October 15th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Will there be special new merchandise inspired by the Little Mermaid areas of New Fantasyland even though there is no designated shop dedicated to the Little Mermaid, like Bonjour! Village Gifts? If yes, where/what store will this merchandise be sold?

Jane on October 15th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

what will be open November 1

Barbara on October 15th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Will Magic Kingdom have the events specifically listed for Beauty and the Beast on the daily schedule that we can get when we enter the park?

Laurie Lee on October 15th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Will we be able to go into the Dwarf’s Cottage?

Allie on October 15th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

When will you release information about the Grand Opening? My family and I are going, and I would love to know if there will be a special ceremony or anything.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:13 pm

As soon as we know details about the grand opening, we’ll post it here! I keep asking, I promise.

Mitchell from IL on October 15th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Jean, in the chat you said “…we’d like to break the news right here that the Disney Parks Blog will host a Be Our Guest Meet-Up (with an appearance by Walt Disney Imagineers) at the restaurant on the evening of Nov. 17. The event will be open to a select number of Disney Parks Blog readers, and a confirmed RSVP will be required to attend. The opportunity to sign up will take place in November, so keep your eye on the blog for more.”
Is there any indication when the signup will take place? My wife and I will be arriving that evening and would love to attend!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Sign-ups will not take place until sometime in early November. We don’t have a specific date to announce yet. Keep watching. :)

Mitchell from IL on October 15th, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Jennifer, as always I’ll be sure to check the Blogsite every day! You all have such great information for us, thanks for all your team’s hard work!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Thank you so much, Mitchell. That means a lot. :)

Layna from FL on October 16th, 2012 at 8:20 am

Gee I hope the process to sign-up is easier than yesterday’s preview for passholders! I started attempting to register at 12:00 noon to register for the preview but Disney’s website kept crashing. It was supposed to be up and running again at 6:00 PM to which I kept trying to get in with no success then at 10:30 PM responds that it was sold out.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 9:08 am

We will be using a different system for our registration. I’m sorry for your challenge in sign-ups. I know that such delays can be frustrating.

Kenneth on October 16th, 2012 at 10:38 am

Sooooo, what IS going to be constructed at the site of the old Skyway? We now know that it is not going to be a character meet-and-greet, but what will be there.

Richard from ME on October 16th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Hi, Has there been any confirmation the the New Fantasyland area will be open during MVMCP?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Not yet. I think it may depend on the date of the party.

CJ on October 16th, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I’m so excited about the meetup on Nov 17th!!! My hubby and I will be there celebrating our 10 years of being together so it would be awesome to do this on our last night in the World! *fingers crossed*

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Best of luck!

Emily from NC on October 19th, 2012 at 10:13 am

Oh how I would love to be at the meetup on the 17th! That is our last day at the parks and I would be in heaven if I could make it there! We booked our trip months ago before we knew exactly when Fantasyland would be open and was so bummed to find out that I will have to wait until our next trip to see it :( Better start planning for that one soon!

michelle from ON on October 20th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Do you know if they will be having a dress rehearsal on the 30th or 31 of oct.? We are flying in from Ontario Canada for the first time with our 7yr old daughter. When we booked our vacation we weren’t thinking about the new area, we were only thinking of giving her a wonderful halloween surprise. Would love to be able to surprise her with that too. This trip has been a 3yr “in the making” plan, living so far away it is hard to get the money together. But we can’t wait to bring her it is going to be wonderful. I haven’t been to Disney since i was young. Animal Kingdom wasn’t even open when i was there last… I think I am more excited that she is, but then again she has been no where before. This trip is full of firsts for her, first plane ride, first vacation, first time to Disney :) thanks !

Josh on October 21st, 2012 at 2:55 pm

So excited to read about this! The 17th is our son’s fifth birthday, it would be so great to see the restaurant!