Mickey and Friends at Disneyland Park

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Returns One Month From Today at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on October 9th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Would you believe we’re only one month away from the beginning of the holiday season here at Walt Disney World Resort with the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?

In case you haven’t been to a party before, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a special event that takes place on select nights at Magic Kingdom Park throughout the holiday season. Parties offer a bevy of holiday fun, including snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A., Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, Disney characters in holiday attire, Holiday Wishes’ Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks, and – my personal favorite – Cinderella Castle Dream Lights.

This year’s parties will take place on the following dates: November 9, 12, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29 and 30, and December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 21. The festivities begin at 7 p.m. (after regular park hours), and purchase of an additional event ticket is required to attend. Party attendees are welcome to enter the park as early as 4 p.m. on party nights, which is a great tip to follow if you’re attending with young children.

And if you’re planning on visiting Walt Disney World during the holiday season, don’t miss our latest resort stay offer which could save you up to 30% on stays at select Disney resorts. Check out all the details here.

Read on for more about how Disney Parks are preparing for the holidays:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Jessica on October 9th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Advantages of living in California: being very close to Disneyland.

Disadvantages: Being very far away from Disneyworld.

Some day Disneyworld… someday. Cinderella’s castle looks beautiful :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 10th, 2012 at 9:52 am

The Castle Dream Lights area amazing.

Mitchell from IL on October 9th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Looks like loads of fun, wish it was offered Thanksgiving week, my wife and I were really looking forward to attending only to find out it is not offered the week of November 18-24. Bummer.

Gustavo on October 9th, 2012 at 8:34 pm

We’re going on Dec 21st, can’t wait!

David on October 9th, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Can’t wait My Wife and I will be there on Nov 29th and We both are looking forward to it.

Jennifer from VA on October 9th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

The Castle Lights are my absolute favorite! Can’t wait to be back and go to the party next month!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 10th, 2012 at 9:53 am

I hope you have a great time, Jennifer!

corrie on October 9th, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Can’t wait!!! We got our tickets in the mail yesterday!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 10th, 2012 at 9:53 am

Congrats, Corrie.

thomas from WI on October 10th, 2012 at 1:36 am

Cant wait to go again. this will be trip 4 in 5 years. I am not fan of all the christmas hoopha but Disney Reminds my why I loved christmas as a kid.

Natalie from NC on October 10th, 2012 at 7:55 am

My favorite time of the year to come to Walt Disney World. This kicks off the Christmas season to me. Every year a part of my Christmas present from my husband is to bring me to WDW so I can enjoy the lights and festivities. Can’t wait, already starting packing!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 10th, 2012 at 9:54 am

My first holiday season at WDW was in 2001, and it was mind blowing. The holiday season at our parks is amazing!

Denise on October 10th, 2012 at 9:30 am

We were there a couple of years ago. We have a great time.

FABIO from SP on October 10th, 2012 at 10:53 am

Hi, my name is Luciana and my husband Fabio we will arrived with our 2 kids in december 23 and we want to know what is the schedulle for december 24 and 25? Mickey`s Very Merry Christmas Party end in december 21? There is no parade in the evening before Christmas or Christmas Day? What is the best option for my family for Christmas? Thank you so much for your help! Luciana

Michael on October 10th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

My wife and I were married at Sea Breeze Point 6 years ago this November 21st. We were there with family for the entire week and treated everyone to Mickey’s Verry Merry Christmas. It was absolute Disney Magic! We are returning this year to celebrate Thanksgiving and our anniversary and I was extremely excited about taking our 4 year old to the Christmas party. As it turns out we arrive the 17th and depart the 25th effectively missing every date the party is scheduled! What luck!! :) That being the case I am wondering if the castle dream lights are only for those days or if they are for the entire holiday season? Also, are there any special Christmas themed events Thanksgiving week? Thank you so much for all the wonderful post on the Blog!! Have a Magic filled day!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

The Dream Lights take place nightly throughout the holiday season – not just on party nights.

Elisabeth on October 10th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

We are attending on November 9th. In fact, it is our very first trip to Disney ever! How early before the Christmas parade is a good time to pick a spot? Any tips for a great place to watch? Thanks for this great blog!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Crowds seem to depend on what night you attend. Main Street is always a popular place to watch the parade, especially with the castle in the background. I usually watch from Frontierland, where the crowd seems a bit more thin – though I can’t promise anything. :) Have fun.

Sarah on October 10th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Figures…our Disney vacation ends on November 9th so we’ll miss the first party. But is it safe to assume that we’ll see most of the Christmas decorations up throughout the parks while we are there from 11/5-11/9?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

The decorations will begin being installed in early Nov., so hopefully you’ll be able to see some.

Jima on October 10th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I was wanting to know the same as Micheal above we will be there during Thanksgiving week and wanted to see the parade so bad !! please let me know about the castle lights

Stacey on October 10th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Love all the pictures, the castle looks beautiful!! I was wondering if they are going to have the Christmas Party at Disneyland? Disney at Christmas time is my all time favorite!!

Dan on October 10th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

My family and I will be arriving on November 25th and the first thing we’ll do is go to the Christmas Party. We haven’t told the kids that we are going to Disney World yet so it will be a huge suprise. I can’t wait.

Melinda on October 10th, 2012 at 7:54 pm

My boyfriend and I will be attending MVMCP on the 7th! Haven’t been to Disney around Christmas since 2004! Very much looking forward to it!

Richard from ME on October 10th, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Hi, Just wondering if there is any official information on whether or not some or all of the New Fantasyland Expansion area will be open during MVMCP?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Let me look into this.

Jeffrey on October 11th, 2012 at 9:28 am

Such fond memories of performing in the Christmas Parade at MK and I’m excited to take my partner to this wonderful holiday celebration in December!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Very cool, Jeffrey. I hope you have a great time.

Michael on October 11th, 2012 at 10:52 am

To Richard from ME. I know New Fantasyland is scheduled to open on Dec. 6th so it should be open during MVMCP. It’s also scheduled for a “soft” opening starting Nov. 19th but I can’t remember when that ends and there are no MVMCP’s scheduled that week. Hope that helps. I am at work…shhhh….. so I can’t search through the blog or I would provide links for you.

vanesa on October 11th, 2012 at 10:56 am

Hi Jennifer !
We arrived with my family on 01/06/2013 at WDW. That we can still see the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? What time is the show?

Miroslava on October 12th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Hi there :)I wonder if it would be possible to buy tickets for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party only? We would come that special evening only because of that party and after 7 p.m. Do we still have to purchase park ticket or we can enter the park with the ticket for MVMCP?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Yes, party tickets are separate. You can buy a party ticket and attend the party only.

Steven on October 12th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Too bad they can’t extend this until the 23rd. We will miss it.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Don’t forget that the Castle Dream Lights run through the holiday season. That is a not-to-be-missed holiday sight!

Nicole on October 12th, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I’m getting so excited for our visit to Disneyworld 06 November 2012 – 15 November 2012. We will be attending MVMCP on November 12th! I can hardly wait!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 13th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Have fun, Nicole.

Chris on October 13th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Cant wait! We just went to Mickey’s Not so Scary….it was awesome

Dianna on October 13th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I have seasonal/annual tickets and we are going that weekend, do I still have to buy another ticket? But I can’t wait to go!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Very Merry requires a separate ticket. It is specific to this party only.

Kari on October 13th, 2012 at 7:36 pm

When do the castle dream lights start?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:22 pm

They begin Nov. 9 and run through the holiday season.

Jennifer from WA on October 14th, 2012 at 1:57 am

The pictures look wonderful!! I wish we could go during christmas :( My son has autism and wouldn’t be able to handle the crowds of any of the holidays :( I hope everyone that goes has the best time!!! Have fun everyone!!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Jennifer – Keep checking the blog. We’ll post plenty of photos/video so you can enjoy from afar. Best wishes.

Alicia on October 14th, 2012 at 4:50 am

Celebrating our 34th Wedding Anniversary, Retirement, taking my niece to celebrate her Graduation Dec 14th from SAC State, and my tiny nieces age , 4 and 5 yrs old for the first time to Disneyland. Lots to celebrate. I do hope you will have the Christmas parades and holiday parties going on. We love to celebrate in Disney Style!! It’s all about the Mickey! Can’t wait 7 days!! Wooo WHhoooo…❤

Allie on October 14th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I usually go to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party, but we rescheduled our trip for the grand opening of the Fantasyland Expansion. That means we’ll be able to go to the Christmas party!! I’m so excited; I’ve only been to the Christmas party once, when I was much younger.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

It’s so much fun, Allie. I hope you have a great time.

Nichole on October 14th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

we leave Nov 27th I cannot wait 44 more days!! Woo Hoo!!

Debra on October 14th, 2012 at 9:57 pm

So excited! We are taking my daughter there for the 2nd time to celebrate her 6th birthday. When we told her and showed her pictures of the MVMCP her mouth fell wide open and with big innocent eyes, she asked, “Momma……….Are all those people there for me?” So sweet!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 15th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

That’s so cute! Kids are adorable. :)

annette on October 15th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

To Richard post #18 the New Fantasyland I was told is officially opening Dec 6 2012. I was there today at DisneyWorld and they are doing a dress rehearsal right now.

Richard from ME on October 16th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

To Annette, Hi Thanks for the info I am aware of the upcoming previews and grand opening, but I have yet to hear if the new area will be open during Mickys Very Magical Christmas Party. So far there has been no official word.

Lesley on October 16th, 2012 at 3:37 pm

My family will be there the week of Christmas, Wish this was offered then and didn’t end on the 21st :(

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

You can still catch the Castle Dream Lights – trust me, that’s so worth it!

David on October 16th, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Spending our 5th Christmas at WDW. So sad we always miss the MVMCP. Wish they would hold one closer to holiday. We arrive on the 22nd. Still a fantastic place to celebrate Christmas & our daughter’s. Christmas biRthday?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:22 pm

That sounds like an amazing birthday. Don’t forget that Castle Dream Lights will take place nightly at Magic Kingdom, and Osbourne Lights will light-up the night at Hollywood Studios.

Jared on October 16th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I know this is a dumb question, but we’re making our 1st trip to DW this December, and we’re thinking of going to MVMCP.

Since my kiddos, ages 4 & 5, normally go to bed around 8ish, I’m worried about spending the money to go, and then they want to leave early.

If we do attend, I’m thinking a park in the morning, go back to the room for a nap, and then head over to MK for the party.

Any advice?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

It’s not a silly question! :) With a party ticket, you can technically get into the park that day at 4 p.m., even though the event doesn’t officially begin until 7 p.m. You’ll get a head start on enjoying the Castle Dream Lights and decor on Main Street. And, with all the excitement, your kiddos might stay up a bit later if you allow. My child’s bedtime is 8 p.m. We took him to Not-So-Scary (same time format as Very Merry) already this year and he stayed up until just after fireworks at 9.

Elaine from PA on October 17th, 2012 at 9:04 am

This is the first time I will be at Disney World close to Christmas. Have our tickets for MVMCP and can’t wait to get there. I think it’s awesome that we can get into the park at 4pm. We were able to save money by canceling one day of our park hopper because we planned on having a “quiet” day and doing some shopping and then attending the party. Now we can go to the MK and have an early dinner and be ready for all the festivities. Just thinking about it is getting me excited!!!

diane on October 28th, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Do the tickets for MVMCP sell out fast? My family is planning on buying the tickets the day of at Magic Kingdom, We plan on going Dec. 21, 2012

madeline from OH on November 3rd, 2012 at 11:08 am

We go to Disney the first week for the Christmas Party . I just found out its already sold out that’s the only reason were going for this week. We have never bought tickets ahead of time. We bring our grandchildren I am so upset. My children are goingto be
heartbroken . They have no other parties that weekend. How can they do this??? We cant stay another week either.

Adam from FL on November 7th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I have always seen the Christmas Parade and the Castle lighting ceremony with out going to the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I usually go later and closer to Christmas and the christmas parade becomes the 3 pm parade and the fireworks become the holiday fireworks. What date is that starting this year? I’ve heard many rumors but not a set date.