Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays at Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park

Take 5: Thrill Rides at Disney Parks

posted on October 20th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Here at Disney Parks, we offer some exciting thrills. While we are known by some for our child-friendly rides like “it’s a small world,” the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts are also home to some great rides that are thrilling for teens and adults. From exciting free falls to dazzling effects, all of our rides follow a great story, which is what makes them so unique. You can rocket your way through the galaxy, get pursued by ravenous creatures, or head to a rock concert in the world’s fastest limo. Read the posts below for five of our favorite white-knuckle thrill rides that will send your pulse racing. What’s your favorite thrill ride at Disney Parks? Tell us in the “comments” section below.

Take 5: Thrill Rides at Disney Parks

1. Today in Disney History: Splash Mountain Marks 20 Years – Get soaked on this musical journey through the bayou aboard a hollowed-out log that ends in a thrilling 5-story plunge.
  2. Things You Might Not Know About the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure Park – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, both at Disney California Adventure park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, takes you on an accelerated drop tower thrill ride through a hotel.
  3. Today in Disney History: Expedition Everest Debuts at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom offers a high-altitude, high-speed roller coaster train ride.
  4. Celebrating 35 Years of Space Mountain at Disneyland Park – Take a ride on the classic indoor space-themed roller coaster, Space Mountain, which can be found at both Tomorrowland and Magic Kingdom Park.
  5. Today in Disney History: Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Accelerate on this enclosed, high-speed roller coaster, amplified by the driving beat of a soundtrack recorded by the rock group Aerosmith.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Dave on October 20th, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Tower Of Terror most definitely! The imagineers did a great job with that ride!

Robert on October 21st, 2012 at 2:07 am

Space Mountain will always be my all time favorite. Great to see it made the list!

Matthew on October 21st, 2012 at 3:47 am

love all those rides! space mt. is the best. but it would be nice to here that Disneyland in particular would be coming up with another thrill ride for teens and adults in the near future. something new and exciting with a great Disney theme!

Joanne from south Yorkshire on October 21st, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I think for my family it has to be Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster. The sheer exhilaration you feel as you are catapulted forward at high speed along with the music in your ears. Every time I hear Aerosmith on the radio I am taken back to the ride and Disneyworld and it makes me smile. In 6 days time we will be there in person and we can’t wait!!!

Michelle on October 22nd, 2012 at 9:15 am

While I like all the rides on the list, my absolute favorite is Tower of Terror!! I could stay on that ride all day long if they would let me!

David on October 22nd, 2012 at 10:06 am

Love all of them, save for Everest, but only because I haven’t had the chance to ride it yet. But forced to choose, I’d have to go with Tower of Terror, it’s a great ride and so well themed/detailed.

Dave

Melissa on October 22nd, 2012 at 10:13 am

I would have to say mine is Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster and Hollywood Tower of Terror!! My 9 year old loved Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster and my 5 year old loved Tower of Terror!!

Allie on October 22nd, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain are my favorites! :)

For years, I was too scared to go on the more thrilling thrill rides, but a few years ago, I made it my mission to try every single one! Mission accomplished. :) I actually enjoyed most of them… except Rock N Roller Coaster. Too much for me. LOL!

Mitchell from IL on October 27th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Rockin’ Roller Coaster is my family’s favourite ride at WDW surpassed only by Mission Space for my daughter and I.