Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort

Behind the Scenes at Cinderella Castle’s ‘Castle Dream Lights’ at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on November 14th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

If you could decorate Cinderella Castle for the holidays, how would you decorate it?

This is the exact premise of Cinderella’s Holiday Wish and the Castle Dream Lights, a nightly holiday show and spectacle that lights up Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park with thousands of lights.

It’s also one of my all-time favorite holiday offerings here at Walt Disney World Resort. Earlier this month, we decided to go behind-the-scenes with Creative Director Reed Jones to learn just what it takes to bring this show to life. Take a look!

Join our discussion on holiday events at Disney Parks on Twitter by using the hashtag #DisneyHolidays.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Danielle on November 14th, 2012 at 9:24 am

Never seen them before in person, but that will change in just a few weeks!! On an MVMCP night, will the Celebrate the Magic show happen before or after the Castle Dream Lights? If not, what time will Celebrate the Magic begin?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:52 am

Showtimes may vary per night. The best way to know is to arrive early and pick up a Times Guide on your way in. That’s the best way to know where to be and when so you don’t miss a thing. Happy holidays!

Darren on November 14th, 2012 at 9:57 am

I love the Castle Dream Lights! Definitely a must-see during the holidays.

Diane on November 14th, 2012 at 10:11 am

I don’t think I would change anything. I love seeing all the twinkling lights –

Melissa on November 14th, 2012 at 10:14 am

Will the holiday decorations still be up December 27-31?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Shae on November 14th, 2012 at 10:52 am

This was amazing to see last night along with Celebrate the Magic for the first time! Hoping they show Celebrate the Magic for the Christmas party Thursday when my family visits.

Jeff on November 14th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I’ve seen this before and it is breathtaking when the castle lights up. Great crowd noises as everyone gasps!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Kelly on November 14th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Hello

Can someone please tell me if the Celebrate the Magic will show on the nights of the MVMCP? Is there someone I can ask or request that the Celebrate the Magic show on the nights of the Christmas Parties?

Kelly on November 14th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Hello

Jordan on November 14th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Does the show with the fairy godmother happen only during Mickey’s Christmas Party????

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

No, it is nightly throughout the holiday season. It happens just prior to the lighting of the lights.

Valerie on November 14th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

The shimmery lights on the castle during the holidays is my utmost favorite look of all! Every time I see it I can’t stand it and take a picture & another and another one.. Needless to say I have a ton of pictures of it! It looks just gorgeous! I really hope to get there this year to see it again.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I do the same thing with the castle in general. I’ve worked here for 12 years, so I don’t “need” another photo of the castle, but I just can’t help myself!!

Allie on November 14th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’m going to see these for the first time this December! :) I’m so excited! Our normal annual trip is in January, so we always see the castle covered with lights… but they’re never turned on. Now, I finally get to see them in action!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Congrats, Allie. I’m sure you’ll love it!

EVERARDO on November 14th, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Just 14 days…

Otto on November 15th, 2012 at 8:04 am

When I first saw it (it was the first year Disney did this) I thought the castle would look nice with the lights. But when I was there I saw the whole lighting ceremony show and it was amazing! The way the casle shimmers and shines is beond words.
Fuzzy christmas feelings for sure.
Also great Disney is showing that saving energy (and because of that our planet) can be fun. Two thumbs up!!!