Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

First Look: Mario Lopez, Backstreet Boys and More at Disneyland Park for Shooting of the 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade on ABC

posted on November 5th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

It was feeling a lot like Christmas here at Disneyland park this weekend, as we shot segments for the 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. Here’s a look at what you can expect when the special airs December 25 on ABC-TV.
“Mario

Anchoring the whole Disneyland Resort side of the production was host Mario Lopez – who will give viewers the play-by-play from Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A.
“Ross

Disney Channel star Ross Lynch sang and danced his way down the street, performing his holiday tune, “Christmas Soul” from “Austin & Ally.”
“Backstreet

Backstreet Boys performed “Christmas Time Again” in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and a packed house of excited fans.
“TobyMac

Christian recording artist TobyMac rounded out the weekend with “Christmas This Year” as fireworks lit up the stage.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on the 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade as production continues at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts in the coming weeks and tune in for the show on ABC this Christmas Day and join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #DisneyParade.

Check out what’s in store for the holidays this year Disney Parks:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Celebrity Visits, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Banks on November 5th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

SO excited!!! My favorite TV special, been watching it every year since 1992! Cannot wait to see more leading up to Christmas Day!

Jonathan on November 5th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Speaking of Christmas, when are you going to post more info on those Candlelight Dinner Packages?? It’s early November, and there haven’t been any more replies from you on your last post…Very anxiously waiting!! :)

Jennifer on November 5th, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I had the most amazing time at Disneyland this weekend ever!!! Backstreet Boys were amazing and even took pictures with us!! Cannot wait to see the Parade on Christmas Day!!!

ROILA on November 5th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

OMG! I can’t wait for Christmas! It’s my favorite time of the year! I am desperate for any info on Candlelight! It’s my birthday time!

Hannah on November 5th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

LOVE TobyMac!!! Thank you for including him in the Parade!

Fred from CA on November 5th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Very cool! I’m really looking forward to seeing the show on Christmas day.

Timothy on November 5th, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Toby Mac performing on the Christmas Parade Special! This will be the first year our family will be excited about a musical artist. We watch the Disney parade every year as a family tradition cause we love Disney Parades, characters, the new stuff shown about the parks etc. But we always never have really been that excited about the musical artists – this year is a big change. Thank you so much for having Toby Mac!

Evanne on November 5th, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I was there when they were filming for that parade!!! saw ross lynch but didn’t meet him… I was there this past saturday!

Margo on November 6th, 2012 at 10:53 am

Mario Lopez did a great job hosting this yr!! And later that night when my friend and I made a Starbucks run over in DCA and he was right behind me. I told him thanks for a job well done. He smiled and winked at me and then went his way. What a nice way to end my day at Disneyland!!

Carla on November 6th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Can’t wait for Christmas day! Those dancers with Ross Lynch look like the ones that hang with Phineas and Ferb! Ross is in good company!

Jennie from CA on November 6th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Mario was chowing down EoS for the 2nd day in a row while we waited in line for ours. He seemed nice. This looks like a fun show.

Sandra on November 8th, 2012 at 12:53 am

SOOOO EXCITED about The Backstreet Boys!!!! I’m probably their BIGGEST FAN and THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING NEWS!! Forget presents…BSB on ABC = MAGICAL! : ) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Kristen on November 10th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Does anyone know if they will be filming the Christmas Parade in Disney World the first week of Dec? I heard that the media will be in Magic Kingdom on the 5th to cover the opening of Fantasy Land,I was wondering. I will be in Disney that week with my family.

Shae on November 24th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I am confirmed for the filming audience Dec 1st at Walt Disney World! Have they announced who will be performing next weekend yet?! Still anxious to find out!