Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade at Magic Kingdom Park

Imagineers Talk Working with Johnny Depp on The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on November 27th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

I absolutely love the “Pirates of Caribbean” film franchise, which is why I’m super excited to experience The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction, which will grand open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 6.

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow is a walk-through attraction that will allow guests to follow in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow to see if they have what it takes to join his rowdy and daring pirate crew.

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared this amazing video with us, in which Imagineers Jason Surrell, Laura Mitchell, Charita Carter and Jason Roberts take us behind the scenes of the making of this new experience. According to them, creating an entirely new attraction based on the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise was a dream come true, as was working with the film’s lead actor, Johnny Depp, who reprised his role as Captain Jack Sparrow for the attraction’s film elements.

See what else they had to say:

Check out these posts for more updates from Disney’s Hollywood Studios:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Paul from NY on November 27th, 2012 at 8:37 am

I got to experience this new attraction this past Sunday. I was very pleased, it was a very new and different kind of attraction. I really enjoyed the completely immersive scenery and props. And the technology that put Captain Jack there with us is impressive to say the least. My only critique is that the main show’s narration started before everyone was able to walk through the doors from the pre-show area, so many of us missed the opening lines. I hope this will be addressed before the Dec 6 grand opening, either by delaying the start of the main show, or reducing the number of guests allowed into the pre-show. All around, Kudos to the imagineers and to Johnny Depp for an excellent attraction!

Kalya on November 27th, 2012 at 9:45 am

I was excited when I heard Disney was going to have a walk through attraction. Now that I saw the video I am VERY excited!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 27th, 2012 at 11:12 am

Great to hear, Kayla.

Michelle from PA on November 27th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Is this replacing the Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe walk through experience?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 27th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Yes, it has.

Joshua on November 27th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I’ll be honest, I was not too excited or interested in this walkthrough but after watching this video, I am pumped to see it. I thought it was going to basically be just some outfits and pieces from the films but seeing the video, I understand now that it is going to be so much more. I am excited now and cannot wait to see it the next time I can make it down to WDW!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 27th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Johnny Depp as Captain Jack again? Of course it’s going to be amazing!

Alex on November 27th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Oh my goodness!! I love pirates of the Caribbean!!! I can’t wait to experience this!!!! Looks amazing!!!

Jodi on November 27th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

We saw it on Friday and the hologram is so unbelievably real looking. Amazing.

Donna on November 27th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Is this attraction open now or will we have to wait until 12/6 to see it?

Katherine on November 28th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I was able to experience this new attraction about a week ago and it is really cool! There were definitely a few times where I thought Johnny Depp was really there!

Kimberly on November 29th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

How long will this be available? Is it a permanent attraction?

Margaret on November 29th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Went to the soft opening of the Captain Jack Sparrow Cave at Hollywood Studio yesterday. It was located in the “Narnia” building (Studio 4) next to Toy Story ride. You walk into the attraction for a quick pre-show and then you walk into C
aptain Jack’s Cave. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone so that is all I am saying. The show lasts about 8 minutes and is very good. I am 5’5″ and I could not see a lot of the action. I was standing at the far left of the cave. I suggest you head for the middle or right side of the cave when you enter for a better viewing experience. I think I lot of people will enjoy this short but fun adventure.