Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Interactive Atmosphere Entertainment Adds to the Experience of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on November 15th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

At Disney Parks, we produce hundreds of different live entertainment experiences for our guests every day, from intimate character greetings to astounding nighttime spectaculars. Some of my favorite entertainment in the parks is what we refer to as “atmosphere.” Rather than big shows for a mass audience, these are the little surprises you come across when you least expect them.

“With the opening of New Fantasyland, we’re excited to introduce several new atmosphere groups that will become part of the storytelling experience you’ll find there,” said Creative Director Reed Jones. “They’re going to bring the neighborhoods of the land to life in really fun ways.”
The Royal Majesty Makers in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

The first of these groups, the Royal Majesty Makers, makes its debut next week, when New Fantasyland opens in previews for Magic Kingdom Park guests.

The Royal Majesty Makers engage boys and girls in random acts of “royaldom,” endowing them with the skills to become princes and princesses. These royal consultants, official ambassadors of Cinderella’s court, inspire and delight visiting villagers with magical moments throughout the land.

Led by retired knight Sir Sterling and royal etiquette expert Lady Llewellyn, the Royal Majesty Makers also include squire extraordinaire Tobias and flirtatious lady-in-waiting Bridget. They may be found in the Castle Courtyard, conducting Knight School, delivering invitations to a royal ball, leading royal dances or even playing a game of “Sir Sterling Says.”

As we get closer to the grand opening of New Fantasyland on December 6, we’ll be sharing more details with you about the other performers who will call this land home. These new atmosphere acts will surely add to the wonderful memories we’ll all be making soon in New Fantasyland!

Read more news about New Fantasyland in these posts:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Nael on November 15th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Where’s the baker with his tray like always?!

Shawn Slater on November 15th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Nael – Your comment made me smile. I love the reference to “Belle” from “Beauty and the Beast.” At this time, though, Gaston is the only personality from that film appearing in Belle’s Village (and a BIG personality he is, too!). The Royal Majesty Makers will be located in the Castle Courtyard area.

Christina from VA on November 15th, 2012 at 11:15 am

How do you audition for these “atmosphere characters?” I check the auditions page often, but I only see auditions for character faces (for parades, photo ops, etc.). I would love to audition for this, the Main Street folks, or the Hollywood Studios improv people.

Thank you.

Shawn Slater on November 15th, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Christina – Auditions for these roles are posted less frequently, but do make it to the site. They can usually be found under general headings, such as “Comedic Actors/Actresses.”

Jeff on November 15th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Will we still see appearances by the saxophone quartet in Fantasyland?

Shawn Slater on November 15th, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Jeff – Stay tuned. We’ll have more to share soon about other atmosphere entertainment in New Fantasyland.

David from TX on November 15th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

The random street shows are my FAVORITE part of Disney. Some of our best memories are because of these random shows. Thanks for this extra splash of Magic Disney! We look forward to seeing these actors next year!

Amy on November 15th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

My daughter and I had one of the interactive performers at Magic Kingdom jump in our photo..we had no idea until that night when we were looking at all our photopass pics. So fun and random!

Erin on November 15th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Will the triplet blonde sisters from Beauty and the Beast make an appearance also?

Shawn Slater on November 15th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Erin – Sorry, but no. There are no plans at this time to feature those characters at Magic Kingdom, although they are part of “Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Besides, Gaston still seems to have plenty of admirers any time he shows up in the village!

Mark on November 15th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

So happy to see the addition of “atmosphere” to the ne Fantasyland area. We’ve enjoyed the streetmosphere characters in Hollywood Studios (as well as some of the residents of Main Street USA), but it just seems right for the good people of the kingdom to come out more as their kingdom becomes more a part of our lives. (Now if we can only convince Merlin to come home from his “adventures” to once again come help us try and remove the sword from that frustrating stone!)

Philip on November 15th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Sounds awesome. Always a great idea to have more of this kind of entertainment in the parks.

Speaking of which, when will you post about the other new Fantasyland atmosphere act, the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang?

Bridget on November 16th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Lady-in-Waiting Bridget and I have the same name!! That is so cool! :D

Ryan on November 18th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

My parents won a “sneak peek” last week to #NewFantasyland. I’m so jealous! As a longtime former Disney Store employee (and Disneyana fanatic), as well as longtime actor/director (currently a musical theater director for high school): I am thrilled and very much anticipate what the new area has to offer! I love the idea of the “3 Silly Girls” from “BatB”, as well as visits from Merlin. “Face” characters are a GREAT addition- especially when it’s interactive entertainment. I vote for the forgotten or more ‘obscure’ Disney characters to make appearances soon in entertainment “throughout” the park! It always brings an air of anticipation and unexpected smiles. Can’t wait to be a part of the magic when I visit in late February. :)

Peter on November 19th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Hey, aren’t those the actors from the Let’s Have A Ball celebration from five, six years ago? They had different names back then, but I’m glad you’re bringing something similar like this back to New Fantasyland. I love improvised street theater, but what’s the difference between this “atmosphere” acting group and the “streemosphere” Citizens of Hollywood at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?

Lisa from MA on November 23rd, 2012 at 9:11 am

I love the interactive performers like Citizens of Hollywood and World Showcase Players. My fingers are crossed to find some of the actors from The Adventurers Club in New Fantasyland.

Dustin on December 7th, 2012 at 9:13 pm

As many others have said, I too enjoy and am pleased to see that streetmosphere will be a part of New Fantasyland. I’m also pleased to see that this particular streetmosphere is in part geared towards teaching little ones etiquette. Because although times may change, and fashions and fads may come and go, manners, civility and virtue are timeless. Bravo Disney!