Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
“it’s a small world” Holiday at Disneyland Park

Mickey’s Very Merry, Castle Dream Lights & Osborne Dancing Lights Return to Walt Disney World Resort Tonight

posted on November 9th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

The holiday season is here again!

Mickey's Very Merry, Castle Dream Lights & Osborne Dancing Lights Return to Walt Disney World Resort Tonight

Our 2012 holiday entertainment will kick off tonight with the seasonal debut of Castle Dream Lights at Magic Kingdom Park, which makes Cinderella Castle shimmer with 200,000 white lights. Check it out nightly throughout the holiday season.

Tonight also marks the first of this season’s 20 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties. Beginning at 7 p.m. at Magic Kingdom Park (after regular park hours), guests with party tickets can enjoy holiday stage shows, complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, holiday fireworks and snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A. Be sure to catch the special holiday parade – who doesn’t love watching the life-sized toy soldier band march by?

Over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can enjoy the nighttime holiday offering, the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, beginning tonight. This massive seasonal display features millions of dancing lights, plus animated displays and 3D effects perfectly synchronized to electrifying holiday tunes and a light snowfall. This Disney holiday tradition can be seen on the Streets of America in the Backlot area of the park through January 6, 2013.

Which holiday sight is your favorite?

Read more about holiday celebrations at Walt Disney World Resort in the posts below:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

John from TN on November 9th, 2012 at 10:41 am

There are nice, but I still miss Lights of Winter.

Elaine from PA on November 9th, 2012 at 11:09 am

I am going to see Disney World at the holidays for the first time ever and these articles just get me more and more excited! I wish I could stay for two weeks to make sure I don’t miss anything I really want to see!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 12th, 2012 at 9:18 am

You will love it!

David from TX on November 9th, 2012 at 11:55 am

We will attend the MVMCP on 12/2 and can’t wait. This will be our 3rd MVMCP and it’s an absolute blast every time! Wish I could go tonight!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 12th, 2012 at 9:18 am

The party is a blast, isn’t it? I can’t wait to take my son this year.

Jessica on November 9th, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’ll be there in 3 weeks! I’m so excited! This will be my first time coming to Disney during the Holidays!

corrie on November 9th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Can’t wait!!! Plus this year we have the grand opening of the new Fantasyland. Best early Christmas ever (I say that every year) Only two and half weeks to go!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 12th, 2012 at 9:19 am

Wow, sounds like a great trip, Corrie.

Marcella on November 9th, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hello!! I’m going to visit Disney from November 17th until the 23rd (during the thanksgiving holiday), and I couldn’t find any tickets for the Very Merry Christmas Party for these days! Will it happen at this time? Thanks a lot!!

Christopher on November 9th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Marcella, according to the WDW website, the last date they do MVMCP before Thanksgiving is November 15th and it is on hiatus until November 25, so it looks like you will miss it.

Anonymous on November 9th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Yay! Can’t wait. My family will be there next weekend. We have gone to Disney World every year around Thanksgiving for the past six years. Some of our favorite family photos are of us in Disney World during this time of year.

Marcella on November 9th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Hi Christopher :)
I just accessed the WDW website and I noticed that there will be a MVMCP at the 16th … and this date wasn’t there before!so close, can you believe it? Maybe I’ll go again next year :)))
Thanks for your help!!
Best Regards,
Marcella

Kelly on November 9th, 2012 at 7:28 pm

31 more days and I will be there with the biggest smile on my face. It will be my 2 1/2 year old son’s 2nd time in the parks but a first for us to be there during the Magical Time of Christmas. I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 12th, 2012 at 9:19 am

He will love it!

Judiann on November 9th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Going there in 4 weekes can;t wait! Was there for Xmas last year and it was the best!

Karin on November 10th, 2012 at 3:37 am

Hi there, i’m Karin from Rotterdam The Netherlands and in 3 weeks i will be there to celebrate the holidays in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios. Looking forward to it. Can’t wait, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debra from FL on November 10th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Saw Osbourne Dancing lights last night and they were, as usual, AMAZING!!!! Will be seeing Castle Dream light early next week. Waiting to hear when the new castle projection light show, “Celebrate the Magic” premiers. Last I saw it was posted as November….

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 12th, 2012 at 9:19 am

We’ll have an update on this VERY SOON!

Holly on November 10th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Yay! We love all the holiday festivities. It sounds like the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is on every night — I remember when it was only certain nights.

Ann from AL on November 11th, 2012 at 7:58 am

We’ll be there in only 8 days!!! Bummed that we will miss the MVMCP, but I’m still so excited!! Can’t wait to see the Osborne Family SODL!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:31 pm

That is a great holiday offering. Don’t forget you can meet Santa Goofy at DHS now, too!

Mary on November 13th, 2012 at 3:34 am

We will be there in 28 days :) We have never been and have tickets to MVMCP. We are really excited!! Can’t Wait!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 14th, 2012 at 9:31 pm

You will have a blast! If you can, grab a spot early to watch the parade on Main Street – it’s amazing from that point of view!

Angela from FL on November 27th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

So just to confirm they light the castle lights every night, not just during MVMCP?