UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at WDW.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up, and we appreciate your quick responses. At approximately 12 p.m. ET, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at WDW.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. By 1 p.m. ET, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Gidus and Galloway, they will also be available at the upcoming Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend Expo on Friday and Saturday. For more information, and for additional Galloway and Gidus training details, please visit www.runDisney.com.
If you’re looking for better ways to fuel yourself, before or during a race, or how best to recover, this meet-up is for you. Along with serving as official nutritionist for runDisney, Gidus is also an author and team dietitian for the Orlando Magic.
In addition to Gidus, there will be a short training run led by runDisney training consultant Jeff Galloway, plus a couple surprises along the way. Anton Van Zyl, winner of the past two Wine & Dine races, will also be on hand for the morning event.
Galloway, who has run all 19 Walt Disney World Marathons as well as other runDisney events, is well known for his popular Run-Walk-Run training method, and the expertise he’ll share with the 40 selected applicants has helped thousands of runners complete their first marathons and improve their race times.
If you don’t want to be left in the dust, RSVP right now to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only 40 qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All participants must be available for a 7 a.m. ET start time on Friday, November 9.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per email address.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual appearances are subject to change or cancellation.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected qualified applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected qualified applicants. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, you were not selected.