Disneyland Monorail

Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year

posted on November 9th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

As we announced earlier this year, six Starbucks locations are planned at Disney Parks in Florida and California. In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.

Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year

Today, we’re excited to share that the first two Walt Disney World Resort locations will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.

More Starbucks locations are coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park soon. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!

Filed: Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

1 2 3

Amy on November 9th, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Does this mean that the menus will change to only serve Starbucks products (baked goods)? Or will the traditional Main Street Bakery goods still be available? Some of the baked goods are favorites – like the cupcakes – and will certainly be missed if the menu is just like a Starbucks down the street from our homes.

Thomas Smith on November 10th, 2012 at 9:51 am

Hi Amy, yes there will be a selection of Disney favorites that you’ve enjoyed at the bakery over the years.

Kenneth from MD on November 9th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

What? Closing Main Street Bakery to put in a Starbucks? Hmmm. While I like the idea of Starbucks–do we really have to lose the Main Street Bakery? What about all the classic items we have always purchased at the bakery–will they be gone from the park totally?

Megan on November 9th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

As much as I like starbucks, I would rather have the main street bakery and fountain view stay put. I absolutely loved working at Fountain View during my cp and will terribly miss it. I also have the same question as Amy in regards to the menu. WIll some of the baked goods stay in the main street bakery?

Thomas Smith on November 11th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

The menu has not been finalized but there will be favorites available. Thanks for the comment, Megan. Please keep an eye on the Blog for updates.

Kate on November 9th, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I’ve heard that those amazing cinnamon rolls at Main St. Bakery are going to be available in the new Fantasyland all day so I bet that’s what their justification for closing the bakery will be. Personally, I agree with everyone else. I love Starbucks but don’t get rid of the bakery!!!

Michael on November 9th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Kate – The Cinnamon Rolls are in new Fantasyland, but they have a different flavor of icing, I think maple.

I am definitely in agreement with everyone, I love the Main Street Bakery. It’s special, unlike Starbucks, which you can find just by walking left until you run into one.

I have no problem with Disney wanting to expand into “gourmet” coffee, and I know some people trust the Starbucks brand. But, of course there are people like me, who would rather Disney do their own thing.

Loren on November 9th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

If it works like the one at Disney California Adventure, it will be a Disney restaurant featuring Starbucks product. Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe features Starbucks, but it also still has other food outside of the Starbucks line. While I’m imagining wherever they open Starbucks in the parks, the original menu might be trimmed down, but that some of the favorites will continue to exist.

Cara on November 9th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I know people want good coffee, but really, they’re closing the Mainstreet Bakery for it? There has got to be a better place! Please don’t close the bakery!

Angel from MA on November 9th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I have nothing against Starbucks, as I enjoy some of their drinks. But to lose the Main Street Bakery for one, is extremely disappointing to say the least.

emily from SC on November 9th, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Noooo! I love Starbucks, but not at the expense of the Main Street Bakery. Can’t you just sell the Starbucks coffee but keep the baked goods of the Main Street Bakery. This decision is very disappointing.

Thomas Smith on November 11th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Hi Emily, there will indeed be Disney items to choose from. We’ll try to get menu details posted here on the Blog when available.

David from NC on November 9th, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Thats really a shame!

Jennifer from ME on November 9th, 2012 at 8:49 pm

However good Starbucks is, they cannot hold a candle to the Main Street Bakery baked goods and sandwiches! Main Street Bakery definitely needs a coffee improvement and Starbucks is a great choice, but leave the food as is… please!

Paul from RI on November 9th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I hope the cookie fresh ice cream sandwiches will still be available, these are another of my family favorites.

Brook from NY on November 9th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I LOVE this location! I had heard a rumor it was to replace The Plaza, which would be very disappointing to me, I love their food and the whole atmosphere of that restaurant! I think the Main Street Bakery is a perfect location; however, PLEASE keep the traditional Main Street Bakery treats available. So many people enjoy the Main Street hustle & bustle atmosphere, with “The Trolley Song” going on in the background while eating their cinnamon buns in the morning. Plus the amazing ice cream sandwich!! Adding a Starbucks coffee to those lovely delights will truly enhance it all!

Oh, and while I’m posting, please bring back the French Toast Loaf. :)

Brett from IN on November 9th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

If this just means that the Main Street Bakery will be “proudly brewing Starbucks coffee” but keeping all the great bakery items then OK. But, if the Main Street Bakery and its menu is being totally replaced, then booooo!!!!

Elizabeth on November 9th, 2012 at 9:20 pm

As much as I enjoy Starbucks, I don’t know how I feel about it replacing the Main Street Bakery. :( You can find Starbucks locations everywhere, but there’s only one Main Street Bakery… it will definitely take some getting used to.

David on November 9th, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I am very excited about Starbucks and if the cinnamon rolls will be available in Fantasyland that’s even better. Bravo, Disney!!! I only wish it would be ready for our trip next month…

Erin on November 9th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I loved the fudge and the cookies at the Bakery. PLEASE KEEP THE SWEETS!!!!!

Pamela on November 9th, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Please don’t remove the Main Street Bakery to open Starbucks. I think the mood of main street should remain as a turn of the century not modern with an air of ‘old times’. If the bakery serves Starbucks coffee that is fine but leave the Main Street Bakery alone. I never miss visiting the bakery at least once during my stay but it will be off my list as a Starbucks. Not a coffee drinker.

Michelle on November 9th, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I would be very upset if the bakery was replaced by Starbucks.

Aimee on November 9th, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I like Starbucks, but replacing all the treats at the Main Street Bakery? That really makes me sad.

Thomas Smith on November 11th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Hi Aimee, all of the treats at Main Street Bakery will not be replaced. There will still be a selection of your favorites to choose from.

Shelley from TX on November 9th, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Starbucks inside the Magic Kingdom? I’m sure it’s not possible to reconsider, but I feel like Downtown Disney would be a much more appropriate venue for it. I love the Main Street bakery. It’s always my family’s first stop at the Magic Kingdom for breakfast. A Starbucks would no longer feel special. What’s so magical about the Disney parks is how once you’re inside you feel like you’re somewhere completely different. A Starbucks is like letting the real world in.

When exactly in January is this refurbishment scheduled to happen? I’ll be there on the 11th, so I’m hoping to get to go to the old bakery one last time.

Alisha on November 9th, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Oh, please keep the cinnamon rolls available! Gotta be the exact same recipe!

Emily on November 9th, 2012 at 11:30 pm

If I can’t still get a cinnamon roll or banana bread pudding at the Bakery, I might lose it! Please say they’re not going when Starbucks rolls in! D:

Valerie from NJ on November 10th, 2012 at 12:19 am

Count me in as another who will miss the cinnamon buns, breakfast sandwiches and other goodies found at the Main Street Bakery. This was a family staple for breakfast in the Magic Kingdom on every trip. Will be sad to see it closed while we’re there for Easter and even sadder to know that it won’t be the same when it does re-open. While I like Starbucks, I can get it at a number of places right here in NJ. I think it would have fit in fine in Downtown Disney; why mess with the Main Street Bakery? :(

Danielle from CA on November 10th, 2012 at 12:33 am

The Starbucks in California Adventure serves traditional Disney treats as well as Starbucks treats.

Phyllis from PA on November 10th, 2012 at 4:48 am

Love the main st bakery! We stop here for breakfast when we visit MK. I’m not happy to hear of the change and I also want to know if the menu will change.

Robert on November 10th, 2012 at 5:23 am

I’ll reserve final judgement until it opens. But, there is really nothing magical or unique about a Starbucks on Main Street. We visit the Bakery almost every visit and have created many magical memories. Back in 1999, the 1st time my soon to be wife and I ordered the ice cream cookie sandwich!!! Then this October watching the same magical moment happen to another young couple. I do understand the need to improve the coffee. I didn’t expect an actual Starbucks in every park. I have that where I live. I would have preferred a Tomorrowland location, not main street. But again I will reserve judgement until it opens.

Amy from NY on November 10th, 2012 at 6:35 am

What? No more ice cream cookie sandwiches? That is a must do for our family. It will be sad to see Main Street Bakery go. Guess I’ll have to have my last ice cream cookie sandwich at Christmas when we go.

Michelle from PA on November 10th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Wow! I am very disappointed. I love the Main Street Bakery! I think a Starbucks kiosk would have been better. The bakery is exactly what you think of when you think “Main Street” It’s perfect just as it is.

Michelle from PA on November 10th, 2012 at 7:37 am

Just wanted to add: The smell of the Bakery is how I know I’m at the Magic Kingdom!

Otto on November 10th, 2012 at 7:51 am

I love how Main Street USA is a wonderfull recreation of America befor the globalization. I go to Disney to get away from all of that. So having a Starbucks there is not fitting the theme.
I’ll miss the Main Street Bakery for sure.

ShaeLee from NY on November 10th, 2012 at 7:57 am

I too hope that the only thing that changes is the coffee. What about the name of the restaurant?

Nancy on November 10th, 2012 at 8:06 am

We will love having Starbucks at Disney World as we go there every day at home. That being said, please don’t deprive us of the wonderful offerings of the Main St. Bakery.

Mary on November 10th, 2012 at 8:27 am

As much as I love Starbucks, I absolutely love Main Street Bakery. What is going to happen to all of their amazing baked goods (cinnamon rolls, danishes, turnovers, etc.)? Will they be available at a different location once Starbucks arrives?

Thomas Smith on November 11th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

You’ll still be able to order some of your favorites at the location, Mary. The final menu has not been set yet.

Faith on November 10th, 2012 at 8:32 am

So no more Main Street Bakery pastries? It was one of our favorite places to stop in while in the Magic Kingdom, very sad to see this change.

Marie on November 10th, 2012 at 8:59 am

I am not happy with this change. I love the Bakery and Fountain View! Why not just add Starbucks to the menu offerings already there?

Donald on November 10th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Interesting call.

Main Street Bakery location makes sense – highly visible location, similar food choices now to what FF&P offered at DCA. I thing with FF&P, though, was it offers a TON of seating – something Main St. Bakery doesn’t have.

Fountain View is another curious choice. Again, really limited seating as it currently stands (as an ice cream parlor), but it’s, again, a highly visible location along the main pedestrian pathway into the park.

I’ve eaten a half-dozen times at FF&P, and I considered the food selection adequate, if not spectacular – a notch above the usual fast service fare. So this will be good. But I will miss those late night meals at MSB during the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Melissa on November 10th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Very disappointing. I can’t believe Main Street Bakery is going to be shut down.

Kalya on November 10th, 2012 at 9:47 am

like everyone I am very upset that the Bakery is being replaced. I first read this on a friend’s status and thought it was a joke. Though I understand why the Bakery is being replaced, it’s part of the orignal Main Street and it kinda seems wrong.

Philip on November 10th, 2012 at 9:51 am

I’m with Loren on this one.

I agree that the two establishments will remain Disney restaurants, just featuring Starbucks products, just as how DCA’s Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe features Starbucks brand products, but also offers other foods outside of the Starbucks line, with some of the favorites continuing to exist.

So, let’s stop worrying and reserve judgement until the projects are completed.

Greg from GA on November 10th, 2012 at 9:57 am

This is disappointing – perhaps we need more details, but Main Street Bakery and Fountain View are family favorites for us. Doing away with them seems extreme. We are DVC members and visit WDW 2 or 3 times each year, and these locations are high on our list of must-do’s! We love the cinnamon rolls, apple turnovers, and muffins not to mention the ice cream sandwiches!!! We are NOT coffee drinkers so bringing in Starbucks is not important to us. What is important to us are the sights and smells of Main Street (and Fountain View) that bring back great memories and create new ones!!

Thomas Smith on November 11th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Thanks for the comment, Greg. I’ve always loved the sights and smells of Main Street, U.S.A., too. We’ll be sharing more details, but count on seeing some Disney favorites on the menu.

Lisa from WI on November 10th, 2012 at 10:05 am

This makes me sad. I love the Main Street Bakery just the way it is. I wish they would rethink this and find somewhere else to put it. Although, removing anything woudl likely cause an uproar. Perhaps just supplementing the usual offerings with the Starbucks coffee is what they will do. I sure hope so.

Jennifer on November 10th, 2012 at 10:19 am

I’m so disappointed – like many other posters, I feel like Starbucks is something I can get at home. Main Street Bakery is special. We headed there on our latest trip to the park just a month ago and it was the first time my kids were really old enough to enjoy it. You know it’s a special place when your ten-year-old is disappointed to hear that it’s going away!

Karen on November 10th, 2012 at 10:22 am

Please add my voice to the chorus of disappointed WDW fans. The charm of a WDW vacation for me is the ability to really step away from the day to day stuff of my life back home. I walk by at least 3 Starbucks every morning on my way from the subway to work. I have no desire to walk past Starbucks on my way to Cinderella’s Castle no matter how lovely the theme may be.

Christopher on November 10th, 2012 at 10:35 am

I understand the inevitable ever-changing nature of the parks, ans so I do not complain. But I must say that the Main Street Bakery is one of my most favorite places on Main Street, I always visit it with my girlfriend when we are having a day with our families and we want some time alone. It’s always our first place to go. But, again, I understand that is change is what must happen.

I just hope they don’t do anything to the outside of the building– they just refurbished that last year!

Barry on November 10th, 2012 at 11:01 am

….this is just very sad news ….main street bakery is such a Disney tradition ….can someome please tell us exactly what original bakery items will still be sold at the starbucks ..will the cinnamon buns still be sold there? …and exactly when in January will the change to starbucks take place? We`ll be there starting on Jan. 5th, and would love to experience the original bakery one last time.

Thomas Smith on November 11th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Hi Barry, the menu is still being finalized. We’ll try to share the menu items here on the blog as soon as they are available.

Brock from MA on November 10th, 2012 at 11:20 am

I’m particularly sad to see the Fountain View close. I happen to enjoy Starbucks but I wish they had been an addition and not a replacement!

During my latest trip to Walt Disney World, I made the Fountain View a staple of my Epcot visits. I’m stopping by for a day to briefly visit Epcot & the Magic Kingdom on Friday (flying out early for a Disney Cruise connection) and I guess I’d better enjoy a treat at those locations while they last.

Even in proper themed dress, I can get a Starbucks here at home so it doesn’t add anything to my Disney vacation experience. I hope that what is planned will enrich, not simply swap out with non-Disney experience, what we have enjoyed for all these years.

Jessica from OK on November 10th, 2012 at 11:22 am

I have to echo most of the comments here. What a shame to see another classic put down. I really hope nothing is written in stone yet and the Main Street Bakery atmosphere and products will be more apparent than Starbucks (except in regards to the coffee, of course).

Allie on November 10th, 2012 at 11:34 am

I’m not a coffee person, so I’m disappointed to hear that Starbucks will be replacing the Main Street Bakery. Like many other people, I love the food and atmosphere of the current bakery; I’d hate to lose it for the sake of coffee! Please keep most of the current menu, and just add new coffee.

JEANY on November 10th, 2012 at 11:56 am

I love Starbucks! and I love those cookies!

1 2 3