Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year

posted on November 9th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

As we announced earlier this year, six Starbucks locations are planned at Disney Parks in Florida and California. In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.

Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year

Today, we’re excited to share that the first two Walt Disney World Resort locations will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.

More Starbucks locations are coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park soon. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!

Filed: Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Echo on November 10th, 2012 at 11:57 am

I do enjoy Starbucks coffee, but I really hope Disney treads lightly here in maintaining the lovely and iconic atmosphere and offerings at the Main Street Bakery. It would be sad to see it change too much.

Melissa from IL on November 10th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I have so many mixed emotions on this one. I love Starbucks, sipping on one this morning. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Main St Bakery!!! We even take Cinnamon Rolls home with us to eat for breakfast on our first morning home. I guess Main Street USA will now be no different than every other Main St in America. On a plus side will I be able to get a Latte with my snack credit?

Aydin from ON on November 10th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I can’t help but feel like The Magic Kingdom needs MORE places to have a meal, not fewer. I don’t think I’ve ever gone to Starbucks for the food – the food is an afterthought, an up-sell to go along with my drink.

With all of the recent new square footage in The Magic Kingdom, I think many of us don’t understand why Starbucks wasn’t given a new space, rather than taking over somewhere that holds such a special place in our hearts.

Ryan on November 10th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Where will Ice Cream Sundaes now be served in Epcot? The line there is always out the door. It’s tradition to get those.

Julie from NJ on November 10th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

And to all the above who are claiming change must happen, I beg to differ, Change should happen when it is warranted.

Douglas on November 10th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

They didn’t have Starbucks store in the early 1900′s and it shouldnt be there now. Serving and advertising Starbucks coffee is fine. But taking away Main Street Bakery? Not good.

Samantha on November 10th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

This is disappointing to hear. I feel like Starbucks doesn’t belong on Main Street at all. I hope you listen to us and keep the bakery.

Benny from AL on November 10th, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Please keep the baked goods at the bakery. I don’t mind starbucks coffee coming in but the traditional food there should stay. I love going there when I first get inside the MK in the mornings.

Emma on November 10th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

As long as it’s themed well, I’m ok with this. But the length that the bakery will be closed has me worried that this will be a really extensive refurb. Will it still be called the Main Street Bakery or will it be called Starbucks?

Andrelucia on November 10th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I’m incredibly excited for Starbucks in MK. As long as it looks like the one in DCA I’m all for it. Love Disney, love Starbucks, it’s all good to me!

Jonathan on November 10th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

If precedent has shown us anything, it’s that Disney strives to continuously improve itself and respond to an ever-changing guest demand. The Starbucks location in Disney’s California Adventure is merely a welcome addition with little signage that blends seamlessly within the environment. These new locations will more than likely keep their original integrity and still serve the same guest favorite items.

Kevin from NJ on November 10th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Add me to the disappointed pile. :(

Renee on November 10th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Brett from IN took the words out of my mouth. Serving Starbucks coffee would be an improvement, but don’t overhaul the Bakery just for this. A Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll is my breakfast of choice in the MK, not just because it’s gigantic and delicious but because it’s on Main Street. Really disappointed to hear this.

Janice on November 10th, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I personally cannot wait. I don’t think Disney will “eliminate” the bakery, but maybe add more value. I’ve seen what Disney Corp. has done in Disney California Adventure, with Fiddler, Fifer and Practical and think it’s amazing!! It’s a great blend of the 2 styles, not being over-powered by Starbucks!! And, I’m sure they will not “lose” those products the Bakery is known for. There is no better place for such theming opportunities!! I can’t wait to see what costumes come from this rehab!! Those striped costumes have Got-To-Go!!! For real!! I sure hope they add the turkey Reuben and the beef sandwiches!! They are amazing!!

Abagail on November 10th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

When exactly is the Bakery going to be closing? I’m planning a trip with my boyfriend in January 2013–he’s never been, and one of the things I really wanted to show him was how amazing the Main Street Bakery is. I’ll be very disappointed if it’s going to be closed by the time we go. :\

Tamara from IL on November 10th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I think it’s a great idea and the appropriate location.

Anyone who’s been to DCA and seen the Starbucks location there can tell you that the branding is very unobtrusive. I am confident the Disney folks will keep it that way on Main Street.

And since it’s going to keep the many Disney favorites, it’s the best of both worlds.

Robert on November 10th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Oh and by the way… how about that fresh baked cookies smell that wafts down Main Street? Plenty of us are going to miss knowing that there is a Main Street bakery treat at the end of that smell.

Sandy on November 10th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I am not happy at all about this. I do love Starbucks coffee, but visiting the Main Street Bakery as we enter the park in the morning has always been a highlight or our visit. We love the cupcakes,muffins and ice cream cookie sandwiches. I can go to the local Starbucks down the street if I want, but at Disney World, it just doesn’t seem special enough.

Brian from PA on November 10th, 2012 at 7:53 pm

(sigh) I’ll start with the fact that I am not a Starbucks fan. I understand so many other people are and I am probably in the minority that actually like the coffee at the Main Street Bakery. I am all for progress and all, but to me and my wife it is a bakery first. It is a special place that we get to slow down while at the Magic Kingdom and share a few pastries and a drink. We have so many wonderful memories there and so many of the stories we share we friends and family include stories about the bakery. Like when our nephew went to the Magic Kingdom with us and enjoyed a visit to the bakery. When he went with his parents he explained to them the “right” way to enjoy the bakery. If only they can maintain the wonderful charming atmosphere, wonderful baked goods and only add the Starbucks coffee and branding?

Ignazio on November 10th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I personally think this is horrible news. I don’t see anyway possible for Starbucks to fit the theme of Main Street USA. Please reconsider this location. Im not opposed to Starbucks on Disney property, just not in this location.

Kathy from SC on November 10th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

while I have no problem with Starbucks Main Street Bakery is our breakfast tradition on our Magic Kingdom mornings. If they no longer offer the fresh baked cinnamon rolls along with the other Main Street fresh baked goods we will have to change our tradition to go to the other locations that serve them. I hope they keep it the same and just add Starbucks coffee!

Holly on November 10th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Starbucks is great! Like many others, though, I hope we’ll still be able to get Disney fare like at the Main Street Bakery. We loved going there to get non-allergenic treats for my son with food allergies before riding the Walt Disney World Railroad.

robert on November 10th, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Having Starbucks in the MK is a great idea… though I am not certain if I am happy with the location since the bakery is a long time favroite of ours….

Dawn on November 10th, 2012 at 9:57 pm

The Main Street Bakery is one of our favorite places to go during our annual WDW trip. Please do not replace it and its delicious baked goods. Adding Starbucks coffee is one thing – but please reconsider changing the name and the food offerings.

Nicole on November 10th, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Very excited about this news!!! Hubby and I never particularly cared for the coffee served at WDW, and as such we bring our own and make in the hotel room. As for what other people are saying, I don’t think they are planning on removing everything that these locations serve, and it mentions that the decor will be fitting with the location. I understand people’s comments (especially those who don’t like coffee), but this is going to be a huge hit!

Elizabeth on November 11th, 2012 at 12:40 am

Main Street U.S.A. will not be the same without the Main Street Bakery. Keep Main Street Bakery, and locate Starbucks elsewhere please.

william from NJ on November 11th, 2012 at 9:09 am

I love Starbucks… and I love the Main Street Bakery… Please make it a combo of the 2!!! Don’t lose the smell of the bakery on main street and of course the cinnamon rolls!!! I know you can do right Disney… don’t let us down!!!! :D

Christin from AZ on November 11th, 2012 at 9:16 am

Thank you, Disney, for understanding my iced-coffee addiction! This is excellent news!!! And I feel certain that the top selling bakery treats will remain.

Wayne on November 11th, 2012 at 11:42 am

Just change the coffee offerings to starbucks and you have a winner, change the bakery too much and you have a loser.

Allie on November 11th, 2012 at 11:54 am

My whole family is disappointed about this. We love the Main Street Bakery! It’s the perfect place for quick, yummy food at the Magic Kingdom. Cinnamon rolls and pastries for breakfast; sandwiches and veggies for lunch… We often bring the goodies back to our hotel room, or munch during the parade. During a hot trip, we visited for ice cream and much-needed air conditioning. Please don’t change the Main Street Bakery! If you want to add new coffee, that’s fine, but please don’t take away the things we love.

Karen from SC on November 11th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I am so excited about the addition of Starbucks in the Disney Parks. Awful coffee was something Disney was known for, and now I can enjoy my favorite drinks in my favorite place! As long as they keep some of the favorite Main Street Bakery treats, I think this is a welcome addition to the park. (P.S. Disney, if you’re reading this….please keep the Banana Bread Pudding! :) )

Lisa from WI on November 11th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Me and my family are really disappointed about this. The Bakery is a family favorite, and I really don’t think it should be replaced with a Starbucks that can be found all over the country. I just hope they listen to us and reconsider this decision. Also, please give us some more details on how the Bakery will change. Will we still have the full menu with some additional Starbucks items, or is it just going to be Starbucks?

Lisa from WI on November 11th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Libby, I completely agree with you! Starbucks is on like every street corner in the country, and Main Street Bakery is a special, unique place that should stay the way it is.

Debbie from TX on November 11th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

This makes me sad. We always look forward to breakfast on Main Street before we make our way into the park. Yummy parfaits and the most delicious cinnamon buns are part of our Disney experience! I realize some things will be replaced and improved, but so many people enjoy this breakfast tradition! I’m so glad we were able to eat there this summer and happen to take pictures with one of the wonderful cast members who made our visit extra special! We’ll miss you so much!

Theresa from NJ on November 11th, 2012 at 9:58 pm

We are regulars (dvc/ap from NJ) and are concerned about this announcement as well. As Starbucks regulars, we find them to be a welcome addition to the park roster, but it should be just that, an addition. Starbucks should not replace a Main Street standard! Please make sure that the choc choc chip muffins, ice cream sand’s, cin rolls and egg sandwich stay on the menu, AND in their original form! My 7 year old literally had tears in his eyes over this. For many of your core customers, the experiences away from the rides are what we remember. Breakfast outside the castle, vinyl trading, hearing the ambiance music of the adventureland bridge for the first time of the trip are all experiences that we are able to recall when we are missing the Magic Kingdom and/or looking forward to our next trip. I don’t need to recall a trip to Starbucks. Please handle this in a tasteful manner. In a way that celebrates Walt’s vision of Main Street and in turn honors the traditions your very best patrons have spent years enjoying!

Lisa from FL on November 12th, 2012 at 7:40 am

I’m disappointed to find out that there will be a Starbucks at DisneyWorld. It’s just not “Disney-like”. The Main Street Bakery was one of my favorite places to visit and it is very “Disney”.

Disappointing. But it won’t stop me from going to DisneyWorld!

Julianne on November 12th, 2012 at 8:16 am

I’m disappointed in this as well. If you want to add Starbucks coffee to the Bakery, then fine. But don’t change the Bakery to do this. Main Street Bakery as it is now is a landmark.

Ben on November 12th, 2012 at 10:10 am

I am not a huge Starbucks fan, but I appreciate the fact that many people are. Regardless of the popularity of Starbucks, I find it very disappointing that the bakery is being replaced. It’s hard to miss Starbucks; they are everywhere, but there is only one Main Street bakery. I feel like it takes away from Disney authenticity, so I hope measures are made to make sure it feels more “Disney” than garden variety “Starbucks”. I’m curious as to the reasoning behind this change.

TRACEY on November 12th, 2012 at 10:12 am

I can not wait to order a, “Magic Your Way Latte!” Woot

Matthew on November 12th, 2012 at 10:42 am

I can’t recall such an across-the-board disapproval of a decision for one of the parks. I knew that I wasn’t happy with this move because it brings a modern company into the turn of the century setting, thus shattering the illusion, but I didn’t expect to see so many people who are upset by this. I would really not care as much if it weren’t in Main Street. It’s the entrance to the park and portal to a different world for me, I’m not looking forward to seeing the Starbucks sign slapped one of Walt’s buildings.

Kimberly on November 12th, 2012 at 11:58 am

I am very sad to see the Main Street Bakery close. The Bakery is part of what makes walking down Main Street so magical. Even with it being themed to match Main Street, Starbucks is not magical. I see them every day at home. The Magic Kingdom, especially Main Street, is a magical place where you can escape from the real world. As someone in a previous comment said, adding a Starbucks on Main Street is like letting in the real world. Instead of closing such a special place to put in a Starbucks, I would much rather see the Main Street Bakery stay open and serve Starbucks coffee in addition to what they already serve.

Stephen from MD on November 12th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I can’t believe they’re going to replace the Main Street Bakery with Starbucks. This is a big mistake. Hope they change their decision on this.

Shena from MO on November 12th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Please don’t close the Main Street Bakery!!! Ths is part of what make main street so magical. I am not opposed to serving Starbucks Coffee items but please do not take away from the atmospere of Walt’s dream for Main Street USA.

lori on November 12th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I love the Main Street Bakery, Isn’t there another location Starbucks could go? Tomorrowland?

Dean on November 12th, 2012 at 3:43 pm

They must change their decision on this.

James from IL on November 13th, 2012 at 9:53 am

If you don’t keep them on the Starbuck’s menu, hope you’ll move the bakery’s handmade ice cream sandwiches to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street. They’re awesome!

Judson on November 13th, 2012 at 10:35 am

Dropping the Main St. Bakery and putting in a Starbucks? Ugh, sad sad news.

Patricia from MD on November 13th, 2012 at 10:47 am

Is it true the cinnamon rolls will have a different icing? You should not change a proven winner. These rolls are part of a tradition going back about 30 years for our family.

Sarah on November 13th, 2012 at 10:50 am

I am so sad to hear this! Main Street Bakery is our #1 breakfast stop at WDW. I hate to think that walking into Main Street in Downtown Disney I’m going to see just another Starbucks instead of the iconic Main Street Bakery. They really should just add the coffee to the menu if they insist on adding the Starbucks.

Leigh on November 13th, 2012 at 10:56 am

Will the Bakery still have the amazing croissants??