Mad Tea Party at Disneyland Resort

Take a Tour of Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland Park with Imagineer Kim Irvine

posted on November 26th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Earlier this year, one quarter of Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland park reopened with a new look and new spaces. From the delicious decor in the Candy Palace to the new display in The Disney Gallery, the magic truly is in the details. Discover these details in the video tour below from Walt Disney Imagineering, hosted by Imagineer Kim Irvine, then stop by Main Street, U.S.A., to see them for yourself!

(And look for a special cameo at the end of the video from someone you Carnation Café fans might recognize!)

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Greg on November 26th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Yay Oscar!

Barbara Daniela from ON on November 26th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Love this!

mike on November 26th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Erin,

Another great post!! It’s really neat to get a glimpse of “what was” and feel a little nostalgic; then see the new changes being made! We really enjoyed the Gallery above Pirates and miss it a lot (also the balcony seats for Fantasmic). The new Gallery is excellent though and the tie in to Mr. Lincoln and all the other Park history makes for a wonderful setting.

Any idea on how a “commoner” can book a night in the Dream Suite????

Mike

Erin Glover on November 27th, 2012 at 10:39 am

Thanks, Mike! Unfortunately, the Dream Suite is not available for booking, only for rare, special opportunities. But you can see what a night in the suite is like in this post from John McClintock.

Brooke from CA on November 26th, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I really want to see the castle exhibit! Any idea how long that will be there for?

Erin Glover on November 27th, 2012 at 10:42 am

Brooke – The Crowning Achievements exhibit at the Disney Gallery is scheduled to run through early 2013.

Nicole on November 26th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Chef Oscar! I’ve read so much about him. He made me wish I would have eaten at Carnation Cafe during my trip. He simply seems like a wonderful human being.

Peter on November 27th, 2012 at 1:05 am

I’m glad to see that Main Street still has that old-time look and feel to it. I was worried that the renovation would be more of a modern one and that M.S. would lose its classic Disney magic. No matter how many times i’ve been to Disneyland I always look around M.S like it is my 1st time and I don’t want to miss anything.

RebeccA from VICTORIA on November 27th, 2012 at 6:05 am

Great post. I really love the video blogs because I love seeing places around Disney….especially because I live so far away in Australia. Can’t wait to go back!

Erin Glover on November 27th, 2012 at 10:43 am

Keep an eye out then, Rebecca, because Shannon Swanson has been working on some great videos about the holiday season here at the Disneyland Resort!

Lisa from CA on November 29th, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Looks wonderful. We go in a week and a half and I can’t wait. :)

Gina from CA on December 2nd, 2012 at 5:40 pm

We’ve met Oscar a few times while having breakfast at the Carnation Cafe. Every time, he is the epitome of what Walt Disney wanted in his cast members. I wish they could clone him!

Michelle from CA on December 5th, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Loved seeing Oscar at the end!!! Coming to see you next week Oscar, I cant wait!