'it's a small world' Holiday

‘The Looking Glass’ Disney Parks Tumblr Launches

posted on November 2nd, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

If you’re a fan of some of our image-driven series posts like “Disney Parks After Dark” and “Where at Disney Parks” then you’ve got to check out The Looking Glass Tumblr.

‘The Looking Glass’ Disney Parks Tumblr Launches, Including Photos by Chloe Rice ‘The Looking Glass’ Disney Parks Tumblr Launches, Including Photos by Elton Anderson ‘The Looking Glass’ Disney Parks Tumblr Launches, Including Photos by Ben Van Hook

Disney Parks invited several photographers with various styles and backgrounds to capture the magic of our theme parks through their unique lenses. And it’s an all-star lineup; Chloe Rice, Elton Anderson, Noah Kalina, Tom Bricker, Lindsey Garrett, Matt Rubin and Ben Van Hook. Here’s how Ben approached the project.

All of the photographers involved in the project spent several days searching for great shots. Their only direction was to shoot our parks from their perspective and what they’d like to see captured. The page just launched so go check it out now and let us know what you think.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Stefani on November 2nd, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Love this! I have a Disney tumblr and its great that I can now reblog from an actual Disney account! Great pictures, too!

Caroline on November 2nd, 2012 at 5:39 pm

These are great! Anyway you know if we can nominate a photographer to be featured on the Tumblr?

Robert on November 3rd, 2012 at 9:34 am

Sounds like a great idea, but it doesn’t load and can’t see any of the pictures. I tried on a couple of different browsers and it doesn’t show anything.

Jud on November 3rd, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Heck! I’ve been doing that for years. ???!!!

Jaye on November 3rd, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Are these few photos all there is to the project? While we were at Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party on October 25, 2012 we were approached by a Disney employee who asked to take our picture and he used an iphone – we obliged because we were in awesome costumes and lots of people took our picture, but we didn’t know what the employees reason for it was… it would rock if it was for this project!

Douglas from MD on November 3rd, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Love this tumblr! The line up of photographers is perfect. Looking forward to the great Disney Parks photos.

Gayle from IN on November 5th, 2012 at 11:28 am

The link isn’t working for me – just getting an error message.

Chad from IN on November 5th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Been a big fan of Tom Bricker’s photography for a while now. Looks like a great project!

Damaris on November 9th, 2012 at 11:42 am

So much fun! How does one get selected to be a photographer? I’m a photographer myself based out of Orange County, CA. This would be really fun to do when I renew my passes next year!