Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Unwrapping the Entertainment for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on November 9th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Tonight’s the night!

Cinderella Castle During Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park

It’s time for the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the season at Magic Kingdom Park, and nothing else puts me in the holiday spirit quite like it! All your favorites are back this year – Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, snow on Main Street, U.S.A., “Celebrate the Season” at Cinderella Castle and the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular in the skies surrounding the park.

Since its debut a few years ago, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” has become another must-see for my family. We love seeing characters like Buzz Lightyear, Stitch and Mike Wazowski in the show and really enjoy the fun, modern twist on classic holiday tunes.

This year, the Creative Entertainment team is introducing a couple more modern elements that kids of all ages will be sure to enjoy. The popular dance party with Disney characters over at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café is getting a new look and a new name – Club Tinsel. And the Kringle Crew will be keeping everyone entertained on Main Street, U.S.A., while you’re waiting for the parade to arrive.

The Kringle Crew shows up with a “Ho! Ho! Ho!” calling all elves big and small to join them in the street and dance it out like Santa. They’ll teach you moves like the Candy Cane Twist, Hang the Tinsel, the Santa Shake and Drive the Sleigh, all to the tune of “Shake Santa Shake” by Zendaya, from the new Disney Channel Holiday Playlist album. The dance-along soon turns into a sing-along, and the next thing you know, it’s time for the parade.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is being held on 20 select nights between now and Dec. 21. I know my boys will be ready to show off their moves at Club Tinsel and jam with the Kringle Crew. How about you? I can’t wait to see them – and you – out there. Happy holidays!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Jessica on November 9th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

We’re going to be there in 3 weeks!! I’m sooo excited. This will be our first time at the Very Merry Christmas Party. Hope they don’t mine the “kid at heart” to dance at the parties too!! I’m ready to shake some tinsel. ;)

Shawn Slater on November 9th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Jessica – Of course, everyone’s welcome on the dance floor at Club Tinsel and to join the Kringle Crew on the parade route. So feel free to make like Santa in a chimney… and get down!

jean on November 9th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

This is the only time it snows in Disney. Have fun!!

Danielle on November 9th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Going to our first MVMCP this year. Hope you are well stocks on hot cocoa and cookies! hehe Looking forward to all that Disney Christmas magic!

Shawn Slater on November 9th, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Danielle – Complimentary cookies are the yummiest cookies, aren’t they?!

Amanda on November 9th, 2012 at 5:43 pm

We love this party so much that we plan on going twice during our vacation in December. Only 29 more days to go :)

Deborah from ON on November 9th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

My husband and I will be at the party in 3 weeks. Our first time to celebrate Christmas at Walt Disney World and our first vacation without the kids in 20 years! We can’t wait!!!

Philip on November 9th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

It would be even nicer when the Country Bear Christmas Special returns. I hope that it will return after the new Fantasyland is completed, at least.

And a wider variety of meet-and-greet opportunities with harder-to-find characters should be added to the parties in the future as well.

Shawn Slater on November 13th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Philip – Country Bear Christmas Special is not expected to return. During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, though, you can meet characters like Big Al and Liverlips from that show, as well as Phineas & Ferb, all Seven Dwarfs, Captain Jack Sparrow, Disney Princes (with their Princesses) and more!

Yeda on November 9th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I’m so happy! We’re going to our 3rd VMCP! It’s really magic!!!

Natalie on November 10th, 2012 at 12:59 am

I’m going to be there next week for the Christmas Party. It’s my first and I’m so excited!!! I’m especially excited to see the castle decked out in the beautiful Christmas lights! :D

Kimberley from ON on November 10th, 2012 at 8:59 am

My mom and I loved this party so much last year that we are coming back again in 18 days. Just curious if you are going to put the map on the website like you did for the Halloween party?

Brock from MA on November 10th, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’m visiting the Magic Kingdom this coming Friday before sailing out on a Disney Cruise on Saturday. I cannot wait to experience my first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

Mary on November 10th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Hello. What a teaser! We are leaving for WDW in 20 days. I can’t wait. Thanks for the blog.

Stacey on November 12th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Shawn I have a question, why don’t they do this party at Disneyland? Sounds like such a great time and I would love for it to come to the West Coast. How about sharing Glow with the Show with WDW and share the party with Disneyland!! Sounds like a great idea to me :)

Shawn Slater on November 13th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Stacey – Our Guests at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts are often quite different from one another, with varying visitation patterns and interests. While there are certainly things we like to share between all our Disney Parks, there will also always be those things that remain exclusive to one destination or the other. For me, that just makes it more fun to visit them all!

Ellie on November 13th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Disappointed to hear that Beast is no longer meeting guests and that Belle won’t be in her red dress but only at her Enchanted Tales with Belle interaction.

Madeline from DE on November 13th, 2012 at 9:41 am

We will be there in 33 days…I can’t wait, this will be our 12th year to attend the party…Only thing, we keep missing the lighting of the Castle…What time do they light it???

Shawn Slater on November 13th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Madeline – The Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle are illuminated each evening at 6:15 p.m. as part of Cinderella’s Holiday Wish, a show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.

therese on November 13th, 2012 at 10:19 pm

My granddaughter (age 6) LOVED the dance party at Club Tinsel. In fact, children of all ages were having such a great time. I do not think they noticed when the Characters left and other Characters joined in!! The family friendly DJ was wonderful, everyone got in on the dancing. Leaving the park in the snow was a beautiful end to the night.

Shawn Slater on November 14th, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Therese – Sounds like you had a really great time! My boys are 7, and they love doing the dance parties with the characters, too!

Karen from WA on November 14th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

We will be in WDW in mid-December. We were wondering if after the opening of the New Fantasyland in early December, will the New Fantasyland be opened during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? If so, what areas and rides will be opened?

Janelle from CA on November 15th, 2012 at 8:38 am

Is the new fantasyland going to be open during the very merry Christmas party?

Shawn Slater on November 15th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Karen and Janelle – Once New Fantasyland opens in previews Nov. 19, all areas of the Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus are expected to be available during Magic Kingdom Park hours, including Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party nights.

amy on November 15th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

How fun! I sort of wish they had this here at Disneyland in CA.

Carol on November 18th, 2012 at 11:40 am

Can you buy your tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party at any of the parks? We will be arriving Saturday for a week and want to check the weather first.

Fabiola on November 20th, 2012 at 10:21 am

Hi!!! Is it true that to attend the Mickey’s Very Merry xmas party one must visit one of the Disney parks first?? I have tickets to visit the parks, but because of the date it couls be easier for me to go to the party before visiting the rest of the parks. I’m from Costa Rica and the seller of the tickets told me that I must visit the park firts… Thanks for any information you can provide!!!

Anthony on November 20th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Buzz Lightyear is my favorite character! Can’t wait to see him!

Brian on November 30th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Any chance Jake and the Neverland Pirates will be making an appearance at the Very Merry Christmas Party? My Son absolutely loves those guys!