Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

New Stories Coming to Disney Junior – Live on Stage! in 2013 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure Park

posted on December 18th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

'Sofia the First' and More New Stories Coming to Disney Junior – Live on Stage! in 2013 at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure Park

As a father of twin boys, the Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure park is a favorite stop whenever we visit those parks. One of the best things about the show is that it’s regularly updated to feature new characters and stories from the Disney Junior line-up on TV. Well, I’m excited to tell you (and them), that Disney Junior – Live on Stage! is primed to get another update in early 2013, when new hits “Doc McStuffins” and “Sofia the First” join “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”
'Doc McStuffins' and More New Stories Coming to Disney Junior – Live on Stage! in 2013 at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure Park

The new version of Disney Junior – Live on Stage! debuts at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in mid-February and comes to Disney California Adventure about a month later, in March 2013. And be sure to catch the premiere of the “Sofia the First” TV series Friday, Jan. 11 on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.

See more about Disney Junior – Live on Stage! and other in-park entertainment in the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Dinah on December 18th, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I can’t even tell you how excited I am. My niece ADORES “Sofia the First.” I DVR’ed the movie when it came out, and she watches it back to back to back…and, yes, to back. Just the other day, she recited every characters’ lines as they were spoken real-time on TV, and did that for about 1/2 the episode, and only stopped because she got tired. I so wish I had recorded it. It was too funny. Anyhow, she’s very excited for the new episodes, and keeps asking when January is coming. She’ll be excited to hear this news. THANK YOU!!!

Shawn Slater on December 18th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Dinah – That’s SO cute! My boys are the same way.

Fred from CA on December 18th, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Very cool! For a whole now I’ve felt that Disney Junior Live on Stage needed an update.

Shawn Slater on December 18th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Fred – The show has been refreshed about every other year. Our last update in spring 2011 brought the addition of “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”

Diana from sonora on December 18th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Im not sure if i like another princess, but happy for the rest…hoping this time “the hot dog song” is included :D

Rochelle on December 18th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Does this mean some of the characters at Hollywood and Vine’s Disney Junior breakfast/lunch will change?

Shawn Slater on December 18th, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Rochelle – We like going to Play ‘n’ Dine at Hollywood & Vine, too! At this time, though, there are no plans to make adjustments to the lineup.

Carrie on December 18th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I am SO super excited to see this news! My girls are 2 and 4 and absolutely love this show. They will be thrilled to see Sophia and Doc added into the show!

Jessica from AVON on December 18th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

That’s wonderful. My little girl loves Doc and we are over in WDW in Feb. do you have any idea when dates will be confirmed?

Shawn Slater on December 18th, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Jessica – The show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is expected to reopen Feb. 15.

Jean from VA on December 18th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Awesome. My little girl loves both of those new shows. Like others, I wish it had the Hot Dog song at the end since both my kids love that song. We’ve been watching Sofia quite a bit. I wish it was on iTunes so I could have it without the breaks for my daughter to watch straight through. She loved the addition of Jake. I’m sure she’ll miss Rocket (as will my son), but they’ll love the new additions.

Timothy on December 18th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I’ve been hearing that a Phineas and Ferb show would be replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid and a Tangled show would be replacing Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. Is there any truth to these rumors?

Shawn Slater on December 18th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Timothy – I’m not aware of any plans for those venues, but rest assured that whenever we have something new to announce, you’ll hear about it right here on the Disney Parks Blog!

Melissa on December 18th, 2012 at 7:09 pm

So excited for this but have a few questions. Will the story line still be helping with the surprise party or will there be a new story? Does this mean that we will have new character meets at California Adventures? Will we still see the Little Einsteins and Handy Manny at the parks?

Shawn Slater on December 18th, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Melissa – Yes, the framework of the show will remain the same, as the “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” gang works to put together a surprise party for Minnie. They’ll visit stories with Jake, Sofia and Doc for ideas and encouragement along the way.

Regarding your questions about the characters, while we have no plans at this time to make adjustments to the Disney Junior character lineup, the specific characters who appear in the parks do change from time to time. Up-to-date information on character greetings is available in the Times Guide or from Guest Relations on the day of your visit.

AILEEN on December 18th, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Do you know the closure date?

ricardo on December 18th, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Any chance they’re going to change the show at The Hyperion in 2013, too?

Shawn Slater on December 19th, 2012 at 11:56 am

Ricardo – “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” will continue to delight Guests at the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land during the coming year. A new show is coming next summer to the Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland, though. Look for more on that soon.

Melanie on December 19th, 2012 at 12:53 am

Will there be a Meet and Greet with these characters as well?

Alicia on December 19th, 2012 at 5:32 am

We are headed to hs on Jan. 5th please tell me this show is still open as it is my 18 month old son’s favorite SHOW!!!! one of the only things in H.S. for him…we usually do it 2 times… Gosh I hope it’s not dark that day!

Shawn Slater on December 19th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Aileen & Alicia – The last day of performances for the current Disney Junior – Live on Stage! shows will be Jan. 13 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Jan. 27 at Disney California Adventure.

Jackie on December 19th, 2012 at 9:00 am

I just cancelled my trip for the end of Jan for my daughters 6th birthday and moved it to March. She will be a little bummed at first but I have to tell her she gets to see Doc and Sofia in March.

Shawn Slater on December 19th, 2012 at 11:33 am

Jackie – I’m sure she’ll be so excited!

Aaron on December 19th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I am a fan of the disney junior live on stage show and I am excited for the update! Going to be sad to see Little Einsteins go!

Fred from CA on December 19th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for the response Shawn. :)

I know that the show has been updated before, but I am glad that it is getting another update, it was time for another change. :)

Lisa on December 20th, 2012 at 4:22 am

Do you know whether the show at Disneyland Paris will also be changing? Thanks.

Shawn Slater on December 20th, 2012 at 11:41 am

Lisa – We don’t have any word yet on updates to the show at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris. It will not be changing this spring, though, with the others.

Matthew on December 21st, 2012 at 9:34 pm

What a bummer – we are visiting the week of Jan 20. Just a question – does this effect the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast and lunch? thanks.

Shawn Slater on December 27th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Matthew – This change is just for Disney Junior – Live on Stage! There are no plans at this time to adjust Play ‘n’ Dine at Hollywood & Vine, although that could be a possibility in the future. Stay tuned!

Ashley from ON on December 24th, 2012 at 10:03 am

My little girl LOVES Doc Mcstuffins and Sofia. Everyday she watches the same Sofia show (I taped it for her)and DOC. That is all she asked for was the 2 of them for christmas.We are suprising her for chritmas with DISNEY In FEB.
We will be at Hollywood studios on FEB 7. Do you know if they will be playing the show then or having a seak pre-view of the show?????

Shawn Slater on December 27th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Ashley – While previews are always a possibility, I wouldn’t count on seeing the show until Feb. 15 when it is scheduled to reopen.

Joshua on December 27th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

This is very exciting news, Shawn! I’m no longer an attendant at Studios, but if any of the guests at Magic Kingdom ask, I’ll be sure to let them know!

Shawn Slater on December 27th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Thanks, Joshua!

Jennifer on December 27th, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Time to plan another trip. We were at DHS in Sept and DD5 loved seeing Jake but with seeing Doc on the signs and a CM incorrectly telling us she was in the show – she was a little disappointed. Nothing a handful of gold doubloons couldn’t fix – but with Doc AND Sophia – DD5 will be ecstatic.

Belinda on December 28th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I can’t wait to see my daughter’s face when she see’s Doc & Sophia, we are giving her a trip to Disney for her earl 5th Birthday.

Emilu on January 1st, 2013 at 5:46 pm

This is going to be a great surprise for my daughter who’s only wish for her birthday trip is to see Doc on our trip the weekend of the Feb 15th. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that it opens that weekend as planned.

Alesa on January 2nd, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Will Doc and Sophia be there on March 6th? or should we plan later in the month? A more specific date for Disney California would be helpful. Thanks, this is exciting news.

Shawn Slater on January 7th, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Alesa – The new version of the show is expected to open at Disney California Adventure on March 22, so a later visit would probably work out better for you.

Ashlyn on January 5th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Is there any way to get into the show after it starts? I’m laying out a gameplan for our day at the park including times so if we get off of TSM at 9:30 do you think we would be able to make it into the 9:40 show? Just in case we get out of Toy Story late, I want to be able to either get in the show late or change my plans to a later show. Thanks! Hope that question made sense!

Shawn Slater on January 7th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Ashlyn – Operational details may vary from show to show, but it is typically not possible to join a performance of Disney Junior – Live on Stage! already in progress.

jennifer from ON on January 7th, 2013 at 9:56 am

Updates are great, but will there still be anything to do with Handy Manny? He’s my son’s absolute fave and we were so excited for him to see Manny in the Spring.

Shawn Slater on January 7th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Jennifer – While Handy Manny will no longer be part of the show, you may have an opportunity to meet him during your visit to the park. Details on daily character greeting schedules are available the day of your visit, either in the Times Guide or by visiting Guest Relations. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Handy Manny also participates in Play ‘n’ Dine at Hollywood & Vine, a character dining experience, where you can not only meet Manny, but your son could have the chance to dance along with him during one of the celebration moments!

Diane on January 9th, 2013 at 8:54 am

Our Disney World vacation is February 9th-15th, 2013…my question is, is there a possibility Disney Junior-Live On Stage with Sofia & Doc McStuffins will re-open BEFORE the 15th!?…We have the Magic Your Way Tickets (no Park Hopper)& all our Dining Reservations are made leaving us in the Magic Kingdom on the 15th-not Hollywood Studios. Our daughter will be so disappointed if she can’t see her favorite attraction=Disney Junior-Live On Stage!!! ((fingers crossed))!!!!!!

Christine from TX on January 9th, 2013 at 11:15 am

My son is going to be very sad that Handy Manny is gone. Makes me wish we had gone to see it this past week when we were there. We were just crunched for time.

So many girl additions, please be sure to remember the boys.

bonnie on January 12th, 2013 at 10:46 am

Any chance it will reopen on 2-14-13?

Cheryl on January 12th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

We will be there on January 25th….really wish the update was a little sooner. My daughters faves are Doc and Sofia..we will miss the Little Einsteins though.

Daphne on January 13th, 2013 at 11:40 am

My girls love Doc McStuffins and especially Sofia! We will be in Disney World Mar 3-8. Do you know if there are any plans for character meet and greets with these new characters? I saw that they had Sofia in one of the Christmas parades, so I know they have the costume… just can’t find anywhere if there are plans for her to start doing meet and greets?

Matt on January 17th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Oh, and Diana from way above, regarding “Hot Dog!”–I doubt it. They’re going to stick with the same story, which ends with the Mouskamelody (“Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la, tra-la-la-lee, etc) The only thing that’ll be a big change is two new Mousekatools (replacing Rocket and Manny’s toolbox) that will lead to Doc Mc Stuffins and Sofia stories. :)