Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

Return to the Golden Horseshoe for Some ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Disneyland Park

posted on December 28th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE 1/2/13:

To reserve a seat for “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue,” guests should visit the podium at the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe on the date of their selected performance. A cast member will issue a ticket for the preferred show time, based on availability, which the guest will use for admission to the show. It is similar to the process that was used during the original run of the “Golden Horseshoe Revue.”

Disneyland APs – we’ve got a special opportunity for you! Please visit www.disneyland.com/apmagic to learn about a special Golden Horseshoe dinner package. Booking begins today, so make your reservation soon!

As Thomas Smith told you earlier today, guests visiting Disney Parks in 2013 will find an extra sprinkling of pixie dust each week with “Limited Time Magic.” And here at Disneyland park, we’re excited to kick off this year of limited-time surprises with Three Kings Day, followed by a special tribute to the classic “Golden Horseshoe Revue”!

The Golden Horseshoe as it appeared in 1959

Inspired by the world-famous Frontierland show enjoyed by Walt Disney himself, “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue” will be an homage to those fun-filled, family-friendly musical variety shows of the past. Hosted by Miss Lily and her Saloon Girls, the show will bring together favorite song and dance numbers like “Hello, Everybody,” “A Good Man Is Hard to Find,” “Belly up to the Bar” and “Can-Can.”

Wally Boag and the cast of the Golden Horseshoe Review, including Donald Novis, left, and Betty Taylor, center

“Of course, it would be impossible to completely recreate that original show without the talents of Disney Legends such as Betty Taylor and Wally Boag,” said Senior Show Director Randy Wojcik, “But ‘A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue’ promises to honor that classic production and celebrate a truly historic venue in grand style.”

Of course, “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue” will play for a limited time only, every Thursday through Monday, from January 10 to February 4. Be sure to catch this “Limited Time Magic” before it’s time to sing “So-Long, Everybody!”

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and LimitedTimeMagic.com for updates on “Limited Time Magic,” and join the conversation on Twitter by using hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Matthew from CA on December 28th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

So excited for this, Erin! Bring on the Saloon Girls!

Erin Glover on December 28th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Me too!

Dean on December 28th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Sorry, I have to ask because this has always bugged me. Which box in the Golden Horseshoe was Walt Disney’s private box? I’ve heard so many different things.

Erin Glover on December 28th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Dean – I did a little digging on this. According to Wally Boag: “The stage-left box of the Golden Horseshoe is still referred to as ‘Walt’s Box.’” According to Dave Smith, Walt preferred the box “right next to the stage,” so it sounds like the stage-level box on stage left is it!

George on December 28th, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I am checking airfares to DL right now! Any chance the Diamond Horseshoe show will also return to WDW for limitedtimemagic?

Philip on December 28th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Since WDW doesn’t have the Golden Horseshoe, what will happen during that same time frame at WDW?

Josh from UT on December 28th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Do you have any details about how crowds will be handled? Will it be a ticketed event?

Will it be like years past, where you get reservations for a showtime later in the day?

Erin Glover on December 28th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I don’t have that information yet, Josh, but I’ll share it when I do.

Debra from CA on December 28th, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Looking forward to this and the pirate and valentine ones later :)

Patrick on December 28th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I am very excited about seeing this salute to the original Golden Horseshoe show. But I hope that there will be some fair way of distributing tickets! The theater is quite small, and with this only showing for 20 days I think demand will completely blow away capacity. Personally, I like the idea of bringing back the reservation system that worked well the first 40 years they had the shows in the Horseshoe so we don’t have to stand in line all day in hopes of seeing the show.

Dinah on December 28th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

i can’t wait for 2013 at DLR!!!

William on December 28th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

This should be great! We’re going to have to make a visit. I love that you are bringing back some nostalgic touches for us old timers.

Eric from MA on December 28th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

@Philip – The Diamond Horseshoe at WDW used to have the show all the way up to the early 90′s (I remember when you had to rush for reservations that would sell out by noon!), but not sure if it’s had any rehab since then and the stage is still there. Haven’t been back inside in a while.
If the LT celebration is testing the waters to see whether to bring it back on a longterm basis, consider me in and wishing I was there.

Christopher on December 28th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

OH MY, I am so excited………Thank you for sharing Erin

Diana from sonora on December 28th, 2012 at 3:36 pm

We loove eating and hanging there, is soOoOo pretty…luv the show and also the pianola or music box that plays when there´s non.
Cant wait!!

Philip on December 28th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I know that, Eric. I just mentioned it because WDW won’t be bringing back the Diamond Horseshoe for a limited return engagement like DL’s Golden Horseshoe.

Also, I’m kinda hoping that WDW will celebrate Three Kings Day as part of LTM, along with DL.

Chas on December 29th, 2012 at 4:08 am

Oh, Happy Day! The best memories of Disneyland was at the Golden Horseshoe. Even now, when we go to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe it takes me back to the days of Wally, Betty and Fulton and I feel like I’m ten years old again. Erin please keep us all posted if we need tickets and how we get them. To all who helped bring this back THANK YOU!

Dean on December 29th, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Thank you so much for clearing that up Erin! :)

jane from CA on December 30th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

We just booked our hotel so we could be there for the first weekend! I really hope they announce how admission will be handled before we get down there. I’d really be bummed to drive 7 hours and then not be able to get into see the show.

Erin Glover on December 31st, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’m working on getting that information for you now, Jane! Hope to have something to share very soon.

Steve on December 30th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Oh how I wish I could see it in early June. We are traveling from the east coast to show my boys the original!
Seems like Disneyland is where the magic is these days.

Michele from NJ on January 2nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I would love to see this as well. Looking forward to hearing how admission will be handled.

Jeff from CA on January 2nd, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Just made my reservations for the AP Dinner Show. :)

Brian from CA on January 2nd, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Hi! Just wondering if the non-AP meal times are priced the same as the AP dinner packages? I purchased two packages for my wife and I, but have a friend who may not be able to afford as much for her family of 4.

Erin Glover on January 3rd, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Brian – Only the special AP performances include dinner, but I’m checking to see whether food will be available for purchase during the general performances. Stay tuned!

Susan from IL on January 2nd, 2013 at 11:47 pm

PLEASE bring the show to WDW some time this year for LTM, since the Disneyland dates are such short notice.

Elizabeth on January 3rd, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Does the whole party need to be present at the time of ticket pick-up?

Dustin on January 18th, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Erin, good work there answering Dean’s question :-)