At Disney Parks, we’re always working to improve our offerings and add new, magical guest experiences. With the grand opening of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park this past Thursday, you may be wondering, what’s next at Walt Disney World Resort? Today, we’ve got your answer. Over the past year, we’ve been giving Disney Parks Blog readers exciting updates on attractions and locations such as the interactive queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, AVATAR, and Starbucks. Read the posts below to see the magic that awaits you and your family during your next vacation to Walt Disney World Resort. We hope you’re as excited as we are for these new attractions and locations!
Take 5: Up Next at Walt Disney World Resort
- Guests Can Soon Interact with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in New Immersive Queue – In the works in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom Park, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is about to get a new interactive queue.
- All in the Details: First Track Laid at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park – Imagineers lay the first piece of track in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction in the New Fantasyland expansion, set to open in 2014.
- James Cameron Explores Disney’s Animal Kingdom as Development of First AVATAR-Themed Land Continues – Work continues to bring the epic fantasy world of AVATAR to life at Disney Parks as James Cameron explores Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Splitsville Almost Ready to ‘Roll In and Rock Out’ at Walt Disney World Resort – Construction has been underway for several months now, and the new Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Downtown Disney is almost ready to debut. Watch this video for an update on what guests can expect at this unique bowling experience.
- Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year – The first two Starbucks locations at Walt Disney World Resort will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.