It’s been a big year for our worldwide Creative Entertainment team at Disney Parks! Here are just a few of the new experiences they brought to life in 2012:
- Launch of Disney Fantasy – Disney Fantasy, the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, was christened in March with a star-studded gala in New York City. Sailing on Disney Fantasy, our guests are treated to an extensive shipboard entertainment program, including children’s and family activities, as well as the new stage shows “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” and “Disney’s Wishes.”
- Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary – Disneyland Paris celebrated their 20th anniversary in April with the debut of “Disney Magic on Parade” and the incredible new nighttime spectacular “Disney Dreams!”
- Reopening of Disney California Adventure park – In June, the openings of Buena Vista Street and Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park introduced a wealth of new entertainment experiences, from the Red Car News Boys and Five & Dime to DJ’s Dance & Drive and the Citizens of Buena Vista Street. The Disneyland Resort also welcomed the Mad T Party, Voices of Liberty and “Glow with the Show” Ears, interacting with everything from “World of Color” to “Fantasmic!”
- Opening of New Fantasyland – Dec. 6 marked the grand opening of New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom Park. Whether you’re attending Knight School with the Royal Majesty Makers, sharing “Enchanted Tales with Belle,” swimming down to Ariel’s Grotto to meet the Little Mermaid herself, laughing along with the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang or joining favorite Disney characters on stage at Pete’s Silly Sideshow, New Fantasyland presents immersive entertainment experiences unlike any other. And it’s all topped off with “Celebrate the Magic,” our new nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- New Members of the Disney Character Family – Throughout the year, new storytelling environments debuted across Disney Parks, providing the perfect settings for visits from the newest Disney characters. Merida rode in from the Scottish Highlands of “Brave.” Periwinkle joined her sister Tinker Bell for “Secret of the Wings,” and Ralph and Vanellope invited us into the video game world of “Wreck-It Ralph.”
All this, plus the recent expansion at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, which brought all-new guest entertainment and activity programs and a permanent new home for the evening Starlit Hui, and the opening of Grizzly Gulch at Hong Kong Disneyland, a new area of the park where the story comes to life with Disney characters and atmosphere entertainment.
So I guess that’s more than five, but the team isn’t stopping there! They are already hard at work, preparing to bring you even more fantastic entertainment in 2013. Just wait until you see what they have in store for Tokyo Disneyland’s 30th anniversary, Limited Time Magic, Fantasy Faire at Disneyland park and… well, I wouldn’t want to give everything away!