Disney's Electrical Parade

‘A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue’ is a Hit with Disneyland Park Guests

posted on January 25th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Well folks, it’s almost time for “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue” to ride off into the sunset. Disneyland park guests have been enjoying this “Limited Time Magic” special offering for the past few weeks, giving it rave reviews. I had the chance to see it myself (from Walt Disney’s favorite box, no less) and I have to say that I really loved it. Let’s take a look at what some Disneyland park guests and fans had to say.

What about you? Have you seen “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue”? What did you think? Let us know is in the comments, and see the show one more time before it ends on February 4.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

George on January 25th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

We got to see this last weekend and it was wonderful! Everything we remembered and more! Ms Lilly is still out there looking for a man, as she was sure to let me know!

We also enjoyed the Bayou Bash and participated in the 5k & Tink Half-this was the best trip to Disneyland ever! We are truly looking forward to our next visit for more Limited Time Magic.

Erin, any way you can hint at when the DL version of Long Lost Friends will be? Thanks!

Robert from LA on January 25th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Erin, why do you torture us on the east coast? Please tell us that we will see this in WDW!

Stephen on January 25th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I loved it. My only bummer was that they collected the ticket which I was hoping to hold on to as a souvenir.

Nice touch in the video having several of the men with the lipstick on their foreheads :)

Katie on January 25th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I know someone who was interviewed haha
Can it please stay forever I’m going to cry when it leaves!

Irene from CA on January 25th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I love this show! I’ve now seen is six times (once at the AP event, once with a reservation and the rest of the time using standby). I hope to see it several more times before it fades away. Excellent production values and the entertainers, especially the Miss Lillys’ and the Can Can Dancers, were superb. This was a great way to begin the Limited Time Magic events!

Nicole on January 25th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I’ve seen it twice already, I’m going back to see it again tomorrow, and we have reservations for the final Saturday’s AP show. It’s great! Not only is the show entertaining, but the food is delicious. I really hope the show (and the food!) stay.

Stephenie from FL on January 25th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

PLEAAAAASE Bring it to FL!

Jennifer on January 25th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

We had tickets for the 5:15 show on our last day and they cancelled it while we were standing in line to enter. We were SO bummed to miss it!

Emily on January 25th, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hi Erin, I was just wondering what is going to be going on at “The Golden Horseshoe” after Feb 4th?

Cory from AB on January 26th, 2013 at 2:19 am

By popular demand, this has to become a permanent fixture at Disneyland!

Catherine from CA on January 26th, 2013 at 2:26 am

I saw the show today; it was fabulous. Sprightly band, enthusiastic dancers, peppy songs and the one and only Miss Lilly, the Wild West’s answer to Mae West. She was so hilarious!

Brian on January 26th, 2013 at 3:44 am

Please don’t let it go away. Please keep it around a lot longer. Its time to keep it there and maybe add more to the show.

Mark on January 26th, 2013 at 4:01 am

Loved the show and the food! And sorry, Ms. Lilly, that definately wasn’t what I was reaching for. [blush]

Carol from CA on January 26th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

We went last Saturday. My sons, 12 and 9 years old, both loved it and wanted to know why it was originally discontinued. They actually were sad when I said that was the one and only time they would see it. Maybe with the popularity, it won’t be…

Rebecca on January 26th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

It was so funny! I loved it! I basically sat there laughing and clapping the entire time! Please don’t take it away!

Jim from OR on January 26th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Won’t be able to make it to see this, but do have fond memories of the shows I have seen there in the past…but if you really miss it then go to Disney World and see the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness.

Frank on January 26th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I’ve seen this twice now, once solo and again with a big group of Disney fans. Permagrin throughout both shows! :) There’s an energy in the room throughout the show, buoyed by the great band from start to finish. I love Billy Hill and the Hillbillies; I used to think the Golden Horseshoe was “theirs”. But I don’t mind them at the BTR anymore. And the Revue is just fantastic entertainment and just the right show for the GH!! PLEASE bring this show back again after it ends. Better yet, make it permanent! :D If you don’t bring it back :( well, thanks for bringing it back at all. Guess I should be thankful for that.

Gregory from PA on January 27th, 2013 at 12:24 am

I don’t know how long the original show was, but I thought it was too short! Why didn’t the cowboys get to sing a full song? Otherwise, it was awesome! The Can-Can dance was SO GOOD! I’m really glad that I got to see it during it’s limited run!

Stephen on January 28th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Oh please, please, please let it stay! I was practically in tears because it took me back so many years to the original show. I was kind of hoping to see Wally Boag come out in his salesman or Pecos Bill outfit.

The new cast were great!

Whoever at Disney thought of bringing this back deserves a gold star! Thank you so much!

Jodi on January 30th, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I think that it should stay around for 2013 (atleast)! We are visiting in July & I would love to see it!

Dinah on January 30th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

What a wonderful show!! Like others, I hope this stays around. I could easily watch this show multiple times. Plenty of fun and laughter. Thank you!

Catherine on February 11th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I’m so sad that I only just heard about this! I hope that the success of this limited run will bring it back again this year! And I hope someone tells me about it sooner!