Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

Disney Parks After Dark: Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris

posted on January 31st, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week’s Disney Parks After Dark takes a look at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris.
“Big

Did you know that at Disneyland Paris, this attraction actually sits on an island in the middle of the Rivers of the Far West in the park’s Frontierland? And the attraction also features a cool storyline that ties it to the nearby Phantom Manor, the park’s version of the Haunted Mansion. According to the legend, Henry Ravenswood, proprietor of Thunder Mesa Mining Company, made a fortune in gold mining on Big Thunder Mountain – only the mountain held a curse that Ravenswood ignored. He used part of his wealth to build a Manor nearby and later met his demise in an earthquake. The Manor would later be a site for another tragedy, when the groom of Ravenswood’s daughter, Melanie, met his death on their wedding day.

I don’t know about you, but I think Big Thunder Mountain Railroad sure looks spooky at night!

For more from the Disney Parks After Dark series, check out the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Paris

Katie on January 31st, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Beautiful! I miss Disneyland Paris. This was the first ride I rode at Disneyland Paris. Unfortunately we did not get to see the park at night because it didn’t get dark till 10:30 around when the park closed, the show Disney Dreams started at 10:30 and then by the time it was over the park was closed. I had so much fun there though!

Glen on January 31st, 2013 at 8:49 pm

One of the hundreds of amazing views at Disneyland Paris. I love that section of DLP. My wife and I went on our honeymoon there six months ago. Especially great view considering that’s the view from the queue of Phantom Manor (DLP version of Haunted Mansion)!

Glen on January 31st, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Wow, what a great pic of Big Thunder Mountain.

Vicky on February 1st, 2013 at 1:46 am

So I love the fact that the big thunder at Disneyland Paris goes under water to get to the island. We went to Disneyland Paris in 2001 and ill admit that this was my favorite ride. Kinda wish Disneyland would put a ride on pirates lair.

Enrique on February 1st, 2013 at 3:54 am

This is one of the greatest rollercoasters i’ve ever been on!!! It starts with a really big drop underground and under the river instead of going up first. and the las drop is reaaaaally big!!

Philip on February 1st, 2013 at 6:50 am

Incredible photo!

Disneyland Paris has the best incarnation of Big Thunder.

Luke on February 2nd, 2013 at 9:14 am

I love how two of the most popular attractions at Disneyland Paris are tied together by a story.