Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Good Afternoon from Disney California Adventure Park

posted on January 30th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Cars at Radiator Springs Racers Line up to Take a Spin Through the Ornament Valley Range

It’s a beautiful, sunny afternoon here at Disney California Adventure park, and the cars at Radiator Springs Racers are lining up to take a spin through the Ornament Valley range. Whatever you’re doing this afternoon, stop and take a moment to think of your favorite part of Radiator Springs Racers and let us know in the comments.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Jan on January 30th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park is my favorite thing to do there. I am trying to figure out a way to drive up there this week from San Diego for a day, in part before the special show at the Golden Horseshoe Revue at Disneyland ends.

Bob on January 30th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

The whole ride is great, but I really like the part where you race the riders in the other car. The track is a lot of fun and you get a great look at Ornament Valley.

Fred from CA on January 30th, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I love the fact that Radiator Springs Racers is not just an outside track race, it is also part dark-ride, it has a storyline and has FANTASTIC audio-animatronics.

It combines dark-ride elements with thrills. :)

Also, I LOVE the mountain range! Its beautiful!

And I have to add, I also really enjoy Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi’s Flying Tires.

BrieAnna from AB on January 30th, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I love this ride, it quickly became one of our new favs. We could do that ride over and over again.

Stefanie on January 30th, 2013 at 11:12 pm

My favorite part of radiator springs racers is when you round the corner after getting chased by Fred and there is a mini radiator springs at night in all its glory. it makes my jaw drop every time. their attention to detail is humbling honestly.

Linda from CA on January 30th, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I enjoy driving over the bridge and past the waterfall. Really feels like you’re in the movie.

M.H. from CA on January 31st, 2013 at 1:27 am

In addition the reasons already mentioned in the previous comments, the queue is really amazing. It creates an interesting back story for the founding of Radiator Springs and shows the various establishments that were founded. The bottle house is reminiscent of something you might find along the real Route 66.

Although the line is often quite long, we like the single rider option which breaks up your party but reduces the wait time considerably.

Erin Glover on January 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm

You’ve hit on my favorite part as well, M.H. – I love the queue as well, but mostly because of the music. It reminds me of the music my dad used to play on his record player when I was a kid.

Corene from BC on January 31st, 2013 at 2:20 am

Love the entire ride, from start to finish, but there are 2 highlights…
Coming around the bend & seeing the lovely bridge & waterfall with the perfect music to match from the movie, and…
The view of Radiator Springs/Cars Land, the neon, & the ranges at night.
It’s a super fun & exhilarating ride!
Kudos to everyone involved in making it reality!

Erin from RI on January 31st, 2013 at 8:02 am

Disney really knows how to use color! This picture is beautiful because the cars at Radiator Springs Racers are amazing in themselves. There are so many things to love about being at Disney, but one of the ones which visitors may not identify off hand is that the choice and use of color just makes people happy! I can’t wait to be back in 3 weeks for the Princess Half Marathon running for my own bit of shiny color!

Matthew on January 31st, 2013 at 8:23 am

I find the opening sequence outside cruising along the mountain range to be so enjoyable. I find it’s the point where I’m most connected to the incredible Imagineering feat that is the mountain range and Cars Land as a whole.

mike on January 31st, 2013 at 9:20 am

Hi Erin,

What a fantastic year for DCA! I think everyone of the changes has been a hit and especially Cars-Land and RSR! The ride has already become another icon of the Disney Parks. The ride itself is tremendous but my favorite part is not riding on it????

When you walk into Cars-Land at night through the “rock arch” near Pacific Wharf the view of the “mountains” of RSR will blow you away! This view is an absolute tribute to the talents of the Imagineers, artists, and skilled trades people that created it and for John Lasseter’s wonderful movie that inspired it all!

Thank them all for me!!

Arizona Mike

Erin Glover on January 31st, 2013 at 12:23 pm

You’re so right, Arizona Mike. I always make my friends and family stop and turn around to see the view through the arch – especially at night!

Debbie on January 31st, 2013 at 9:27 am

I love the music as we drove through the canyon and just admiring how amazing and huge the canyon peaks are! And I LOVE the colors, especially at night! We rode it over and over again and I just never grew tired of Ornament Valley! Of course, I especially love the race at the end! So cool!!!

Michael on January 31st, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Lines have been very long and we’ve yet to be on it yet… Going to the parks tomorrow for my birthday and my only requirement was that we go on Radiator Springs Racers. I hope it’s not too crowded! :)

Erin Glover on January 31st, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Happy birthday!

Laurie Lee on January 31st, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Our favorite part is racing at night outside!

Martin on February 1st, 2013 at 2:08 am

Best ride by far in the entire Disneyland Resort. The Cars Land addition as well as the Buena Vista Street makeover has turned Disneyland from a 2-Day Hopper kind of place to a 4-Day hopper minimum when visiting. Then you might as well on your last day upgrade to an annual pass because you know your going to want to come back again real soon :)

Stephen on February 7th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

There is so much to love about Cars Land. It is by far my most favorite land to visit, and I’m in Orlando. I agree with everyone’s comments. I also truly enjoyed the morning opening. Following Lightning and Mater down Route 66, walking casually towards Radiator Racers, having Red at the end of the street, and knowing I had a full day of fun ahead in Carburetor County.