Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

Happy Lunar New Year Celebration Moves Across the Esplanade to Disney California Adventure Park

posted on January 18th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE: Happy Lunar New Year Celebration has been extended! The event will take place February 8-13 at Disney California Adventure park.

Happy Lunar New Year Celebration

Come celebrate the Year of the Snake when Happy Lunar New Year Celebration returns as part of “Limited Time Magic,” February 8-11 February 8-13 – this year at Disney California Adventure park! Lunar New Year is a time when Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures celebrate the sun and moon beginning their journeys for another year.

From 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day in the Pacific Wharf area of the park, guests will enjoy unique cultural experiences, flavorful food offerings, unique merchandise, and colorful performances from dancers, musicians, and martial artists. Some of your favorite Disney characters will be there as well, such as Mulan, Mushu, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information about Happy Lunar New Year Celebration and “Limited Time Magic.”

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Carla on January 18th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

This had to be one of the highlights of last year for me! The move to Pacific Wharf is perfect. I HIGHLY reccomend that Disney Fans get to experience it all! I will certainly be back…:)

Dinah on January 18th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I am soooo loving all this Limited Time Magic. A friend will be here 2/13-15, hopefully there will be something awesome during those dates too.

Jean from VA on January 18th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

That’s great news. We were planning on going that weekend anyway but this will make it that much more fun. And the change of venue really fits in perfectly given the strong Asian presence in California.

Joseph on January 18th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Exciting news! I will be at the Disneyland Resort that week and I am looking forward to this event as well as the Bayou event at Disneyland Park.

Howard from CA on January 21st, 2013 at 12:31 am

Hi Erin, I read somewhere that a children’s dance troupe from China will be performing at Disneyland on Jan 29 for the Lunar New Year Celebration. Do you have any information on that? Thanks!

Kristine on January 21st, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Why the Disneyland Resort getting these awesome event-style Limited Time Magic events while WDW just keeps getting character meet and greets?

Liz on January 24th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I hope you sell Mulan stuff this year! My child loves her and it’s hard to find stuff with her on it.