Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on January 11th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

What a treat! The big, new Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie at the France Pavilion opens each morning at 9 a.m. – ahead of the 11 a.m. opening of World Showcase – so you can sip a latte with a chocolate croissant to start the day . . . or a cappuccino with a chaussons au pomme (apple turnover) . . . or an espresso with an éclair. And that’s just a taste of the expansive new menu that offers classic French goodies all day long.

New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

The new bakery is “at least 10 times” larger than the former sweet shop, says manager Eric Weistroffer. Located in the space adjacent to the France movie theater exit, Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie offers sweets, soups, sandwiches, salads and authentic French dishes such as quiche, Croque Monsieur (grilled ham and cheese) and pissaladiere, the pizza-like dish from the South of France, this version with tomatoes, olives and Gruyère.

New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

The Lyonnaise salad is another classic, with frisee, bacon, eggs, croutons and light vinaigrette. Add pumpkin soup or lobster bisque for a satisfying meal. Plenty of choices are on the Disney Dining Plan.

New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

You can imagine the wonderful aromas with French artisan bakers in the beautiful onstage bakery. Grab a seat in the courtyard and watch the world go by as you sip a Champagne and share a cheese plate and baguette. La vie est belle (life is beautiful)!

Filed: Disney Dining, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Elizabeth on January 11th, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Yummy looking! One of each pls!

Jackie on January 11th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Can’t wait to go! Do you know what gluten free options the location has? Thanks!

Shelley from ON on January 11th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

How does one gain access if World Showcase doesn’t open until 11am?

Amanda on January 11th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I can’t wait to try this! It sounds and looks amazing. I’m so glad that it is bigger than the previous one.

Aubrey on January 11th, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Shelley you can still walk back there (walk through UK to get to it). That connecting part is always open because that’s how Epcot area guests get into the park.

Mary from MN on January 11th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Can’t wait to try this in March.

Mary
WDWarrior

Daniel on January 11th, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Saw this post while we were at Epcot, thanks for the tip! The mousse was delicious!!!

Heather from TX on January 11th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

We ate there when we visited in December. The quiche was fabulous! I had an apple tart for dessert which was also amazing. A must stop dining experience :)

Lauren on January 11th, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I’m really excited to see the new expanded bakery when I am in WDW for the Flower and Garden Festival. Will the Glacier Ice Cream Parlor be part of this new expanded Bakery space, or will it have it’s own separate space?

Also, once the Glacier Ice Cream Parlor opens, will the delicious ice cream still be sold in the kiosk that also sells crepes? I just love that ice cream and don’t want to see it taken out of my favorite dessert kiosk.

Erin from AZ on January 12th, 2013 at 11:17 am

I’m so excited to hear that they’re serving the lobster bisque here! I love it in Les Chefs de France and get it every time we dine there. So yummy! Can’t wait to try it here. Too bad we’ll have to wait until May…

Aubrey & Shelley, you normally can’t get into France before 11. The back entrance, the International Gateway, is just on the other side of the bridge from France and you are only allowed to go left through the UK. I guess this means that that’s changed. Breakfast in France, here we come. Yea!

Amber from NC on January 12th, 2013 at 11:40 am

this is pretty amazing…My mom and I LOVE the desserts from this bakery, there are times we skip lunch and just have dessert! BUT it was so cramped in there especially when both sides were open,so this expansion is much needed and I cannot wait to see it!

Denise on January 12th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I cannot wait until Monday! I need to try all of these!

Mary Kathryn on January 12th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

The Patisserie in France was always worth the wait (and you did WAIT!).. but a bigger home?! That is awesome!! The warm sandwiches are incredible! OOOOh and the sweets… and the bread! Can’t wait… !! : ))

Colleen from TX on January 14th, 2013 at 8:52 am

I missed not being able to visit my favorite pastries stop in WDW last November, but I can’t wait to see the new space and try the new pastries. Pictures please!!!!

Roberta from TN on January 14th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Do they still have that yummy Cake of the Day? It is our family favorite!

Pamela on January 16th, 2013 at 6:23 am

This looks to be a great improvement on the previous bakery and will make a great addition to that area. A great stop for a drink and some yummy cake to propel us further round the world.

Amy on January 16th, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I was lucky enough to be a Epcot this past weekend for the races and ate TWICE at the new bakery. It’s exactly what was needed. Has the cafe feel and provides excellent fresh food. It opens at 9am or at least it did that weekend. Cappucino and a croissant to start my day topped only by the baguette sandwhich with delicious turkey, mozzerella and tomato was just like being in France.

hannah on January 20th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

that looks great however the article shows the napoleon we know and love, but that is not what’s available at the bakery anymore :( just the standard one found elsewhere on property as far as I can see, why the change?