Disney Cruise Line

Opening Day: ‘A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue’ at Disneyland Park

posted on January 10th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

It’s here! Today is the first day of performances for “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue,” part of “Limited Time Magic” here at Disneyland park. This highly anticipated show will run every Thursday-Monday through February 4, and features some of your favorite numbers from the original Frontierland show. Take a peek inside the new show in the video below – as well as a nostalgic look back at the original.

And be sure to come see “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue” yourself … “and tell ‘em Walt sent you!”

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

daignault on January 10th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Can anyone tell me if this is similar to the “Hoop Dee Doo Revue” in Fort Wilderness??

Erin Glover on January 10th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

No, this is a new show inspired by the “Golden Horseshoe Revue” which was performed at Disneyland park from 1955-1986.

Diane on January 10th, 2013 at 8:36 pm

One of our favorite places to go! My husband, our son, grandson and son-in-law have all been part of their show and all this year! First for all of them! So much fun and we laughed so much our cheeks hurt. Anyone who is passing the Golden Horseshoe by is missing a great place to relax, have a bite to eat or something to drink and get one of the best live shows in Disneyland’s Frontier Land! I’d be there but I have just had surgery and can’t make it =o(

Rochelle on January 10th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I miss Fulton, Wally and Betty. Don’t forget to mention to WDW fans that Betty’s dress is on display in Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream.

Erin Glover on January 11th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Great point – thanks, Rochelle!

S R on January 10th, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I was looking for this on Disney. It’s not listed in the Shows, and what I did see, said it was for Annual Pass Holders only. If this is incorrect, what times does the Review play?

Sara from UT on January 10th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Why is it only showing for a month? Seems like not many people will be able to see it. I wish it would run longer.

Erin Glover on January 11th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Sara – this is being offered as part of “Limited Time Magic” so it’s available for a limited time only!

Sarah on January 10th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

does something special happen if you tell them “Walt sent you”?

Erin Glover on January 11th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

No – I just liked that part of the video :)

Andy from ID on January 10th, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Simply a classsic! Way to go Disney! and thanks for sharing

Hillary on January 11th, 2013 at 7:39 am

I saw this show Thursday and, yes, I did see the classic show back in the day. As good as that show was in my memory, thanks to the very talented Wally Boag, Betty Taylor, and Fulton Burley and the wonderful dancers and musicians, this show is even better! Anyone who has a chance to see it in this limited run will find themselves twitterpated with Miss Lily and thrilled by the high-energy show. Thank you, Disney, for bringing new life to a treasured classic.

Diane on January 11th, 2013 at 10:30 am

When I attended Cal State Long Beach in the early 70′s, one of my Delta Gamma sorority sisters was the banjo player for this show!

Robert from LA on January 11th, 2013 at 11:00 am

I would really like to see something similar return to Magic Kingdom Park. As a child this was one of our top family picks during every visit. Could you please give us any insight as to if it is even being considered for WDW? Please!

Paula on January 11th, 2013 at 11:22 am

What time are the shows? I haven’t been able to find the info online.

Waldyr on January 11th, 2013 at 11:48 am

On opening day these were the following show times 11:30am, 12:45am, 2:00pm, 4:00pm & 5:15pm. there was also a 6:30 for AP which from what i was told requires the meal. The times could vary change. you still want to get there when the park opens to get your reservation though.

Michael on January 11th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I have my AP reservations for tomorrow night :). I am so excited!

I really hope they do something with Meet the Robinsons. That is my favorite Disney movie and for limited time magic hope and pray that even a character meet and greet could happen.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Colleen from TX on January 11th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

You are killing me! I’m stuck in the middle of Texas and I grew up with this show. I was hoping for years you would bring something back. So many memories from childhood. I’m going to shed a tear for the fond memories it brings back and a selfish one for being no where near there.

Patt on January 11th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I was at the show for Annual Passholders last night and I have to say, it was a lot of fun. The music and dancing were wonderful. The jokes were as corny as I remembered them from years past. The food was tasty and everyone went home with souvenirs of the event. I look forward to enjoying more of these events at Disneyland.

Fred from CA on January 12th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I saw the show twice on Friday 1/11 and really enjoyed it. I was surprised that tickets were so easily available and that there were quite a few empty tables. I never remember tickets but I do remember long lines.

I remember going to the show numerous times in 1963 through the end and once in Florida shortly after it opened (with Wally and crew).

The dancing and singing were great but I missed the comedy

Robert on January 14th, 2013 at 11:19 am

We attended AP opening night and were not disappointed. The cast was obviously different but the energy and fun were the same. I was fortunate to see Wally, Betty Fulton and company many times as a youngster. The new show was very reminiscent of those times. I’m glad there was no attempt to do Wally’s performance. It was unique and better left in our memories. Wally Boag passed in 2012, but his spirit, as well as those of Betty, Fulton and all of the talented performers of that fun time live on.