New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

Snow Transforms Tokyo Disney Resort Into a Winter Wonderland

posted on January 17th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Is it me, or has your jaw already dropped? It’s not everyday you see photos of a Disney Park blanketed in snow.
“Snow

These amazing photos were taken at Tokyo Disney Resort earlier this week, when the city of Tokyo experienced a major snowfall. Compared to the winter weather we’re used to in parts of the United States, snowfall in Tokyo is rare, with snow falling only a few days each winter. When these images were shot, a total of four inches had blanketed the city, which is an amount of snow that Tokyo hasn’t experienced in more than a decade.

Would you love to explore a Disney winter wonderland like this? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

For more updates from Tokyo Disney Resort, see the posts below:

Filed: Tokyo Disneyland

Joyce on January 17th, 2013 at 10:54 am

That’s really amazing!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 17th, 2013 at 11:09 am

As someone who grew up in PA, that fresh blanket of snow in front of the castle totally makes me want to run in and make perfect snow angels. :)

Nicolo from CA on January 17th, 2013 at 11:01 am

Beautiful! It’s always fun to see “snow” at the parks, but I’d really love to see the actual thing!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 17th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Joseph on January 17th, 2013 at 11:09 am

as much as i am sick of snow – this is rather beautiful…wish i could have photographed it!!

Jon on January 17th, 2013 at 11:22 am

Well, I know what I’m doing next year, or 3. Dang plane tickets.

Rhonda on January 17th, 2013 at 11:28 am

The photos are beautiful. A once in a lifetime visit for those lucky visitors!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 17th, 2013 at 11:39 am

Very lucky. That’s a hot-chocolate day for sure!

Danielle on January 17th, 2013 at 11:56 am

A visit to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea are on my bucket list. What jaw-dropping photos! Are you sure it isn’t the same ‘snow’ that graces Main Street at WDW in December? hehe

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 17th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Can you imagine? This much snow would be quite a task for the cast members over there!

Diane on January 17th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Yes absolutely, I think it awesome to see the snow covering everything. It gives it a special feel ;-)

Kevin on January 17th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

The snow adds a surreal quality to the Tokyo Disney Resort. It seems out of place, but also more magical — as if it’s part of some undiscovered fairytale landscape. I would love a couple of these as desktop wallpapers for my computer.

Craig from FL on January 17th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

There’s something so wonderfully peaceful about freshly fallen snow. It quiets the air and gives the sky a soft glow. There’s really nothing else like it. Combining that with the magic of a Disney park… It’s simply breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 17th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

It’s lovely, isn’t it? :)

Chris on January 17th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Very cool photos. I’m in Utah, so we see snow every winter, but it is pretty cool to see it combined with the magic of a Disney park. :)

Dena on January 17th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I want these blown up to poster size so I can hang them in my house at Christmas! It will give me just the right amount of snow this former-Illinoisian-turned-Florida-girl needs! :D

Absolutely breathtaking though. Would love to see this in person. Maybe someday when I’ve got enough money to complete my Disney Bucket List. :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 17th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I’d love to go to Tokyo someday, too. It’s on my wish list!

Teresa from PA on January 17th, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Oh wow, that is just beautiful! I so want to visit there someday.

Jennifer, hi from someone who lives in PA and is looking out the window at the snow right now. :-)

Jackie from HI on January 17th, 2013 at 7:55 pm

LOVE snow, LOVE Japan, and LOVE all things Disney! These pictures represent Utopia for me!!! :D

Brian on January 18th, 2013 at 12:36 am

すごい!
Translation: Amazing!

I’m going to Japan in about two months. I doubt it’ll be that cold to see this again, but it is Disney, so magic may still happen.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 18th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Have a great trip!

Brian on January 18th, 2013 at 12:37 am

Carrie from WA on January 18th, 2013 at 9:38 am

I just wish I had been in the middle of it all! Thanks for sharing this is truly a magical winter scene!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on January 18th, 2013 at 11:13 am

Welcome. :)

Nathan on January 18th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Wow! This takes my breath away! I’m from Canada and grew up seeing the Festival of the Lights every winter in Niagara Falls where Disney would display the most amazing lights.
This is so incredibly beautiful! Open a Disney park in Canada and we’ll see this every year all winter long!

Kyrah on January 18th, 2013 at 11:48 am

OH WOW!!! I’ve always wanted to experience a Disney resort in the snow but thought it would never be possible, but it happened! Ahhh I wish I could have been there so bad. These photos are amazing. It would be a lot of work but that would be fun to build a park somewhere where snow falls more often. I would get a pass and go every time it snowed.

Jason on January 18th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Tinkerbell needs to make a couple of the machines she used in secret of the wings to bring snow to Disneyland imo :D

Aaron on January 18th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

In the words of Phineas: “Yes, yes I would” (like to experience that snowfall).

Chrissy on January 19th, 2013 at 12:11 am

Lovely photos. I can not stand snow, but it just gives Tokyo Disney Resort an even more magical look!!! Out of curiosity {my former CM mind at work} did the resort operate as normal that day??? I am used to seeing photos of snow at Disneyland Paris, but not Tokyo Disney Resort. I was not sure if this was “normal” over there.

TRACEY on January 19th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I’m guessing that Splash Mountain was a “walk-on” that day..