Walt Disney at Disneyland Park

Behind the Wall: Fantasy Faire at Disneyland Park

posted on February 19th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

The builders, painters and Imagineers are hard at work here in Disneyland park, getting ready for the March 12 opening of the all-new Fantasy Faire. We’ve already told you about the fairy tale setting, magical storytelling and delicious food coming to this area, so today it’s time to take you behind the wall for your first look at Fantasy Faire.

Keep an eye here on the Disney Parks Blog for more information on Fantasy Faire, and join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #FantasyFaire.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Robyn from CA on February 19th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Will we be able to see anything before the March 12th “grand opening?” I’m looking forward to seeing the expansion, but I’ll be in Disneyland the week before the opening.

Elaine on February 19th, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I can’t wait to see this! And right in time for my birthday too! =D

David from OR on February 19th, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Awesome… We’ll be at the parks the week of April 14th for our 25th wedding anniversary and can’t wait to see this AND Cars Land at California Adventure. It’s been 4 years since we’ve been to the parks and are so excited to come back and see the changes!!!

Michelle on February 19th, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Man I am goin the 27th of February gonna miss it :(

David on February 19th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Will there be an AP sneak-peek? PLEASE say yes.

Susan on February 19th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I have known Disneyland to have soft openings of other attractions. You know open them for testing a week ahead of time, then close them. Maybe they will have one for this area, or at least bring the walls down. Only time will tell….

Marietta on February 19th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I would also like to know if there will be an AP sneek-peek! Please Please Please!

LeeAnn on February 19th, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I wonder what will happen to the Royal Walk when this is done? And Merida’s tent and Rapunzel’s house? And what is the theatre area by Small World used for? It has been closed for every visit I’ve made. Looking forward to seeing the new Fantasy Faire. (:

Julie on February 19th, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Eeeeeeee….. I can’t wait. So excited. Coming from Australia in May and so thrilled that we will see the Princesses in this setting. Georgeous. Eeeeee!!!!!!!

Tina on February 20th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

This is awesome. We will be there the week after. I can’t wait

Friend on February 20th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

This will be like a 30th Anniversary since the last New Fantasyland opening in 1983. They had quite a show for that opening. I wonder if they are looking at it this way in the promotions?

Fred from CA on February 24th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

LeeAnn–
The Fantasyland Theatre (next to small world) will be home to a new stage show called “Mickey and the Magical Map.” It will be opening this summer.

Melissa on February 25th, 2013 at 12:41 am

What a talented bunch of people. Can’t wait to see it!!!

LeeAnn on February 28th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Thank you, Fred from CA. I saw the preview of MATMM at Blue Sky Cellars but it hadn’t occurred to me where that attraction was going to be placed. Looking forward to a new show. :)