Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Parks Blog Readers Enjoy the Fantastical Land of Oz

posted on February 25th, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

UPDATE: Want to try some “Glinda the Good” popcorn and “Oz the Powerful” punch at home? Now you can! Find the recipes here.

Disney Parks Blog Readers Enjoy the Fantastical Land of Oz

We kicked off another year of Disney Parks Blog Meet-Ups on Sunday night with hundreds of readers as excited as we were to see a special early screening of “Oz the Great and Powerful.”

Disney Parks Blog Readers Enjoy the Fantastical Land of Oz Disney Parks Blog Readers Enjoy the Fantastical Land of Oz

On the way to the big show at Epcot, everyone had a chance to experience our new “Land of Oz Garden.” Readers then entered an amazingly decorated World ShowPlace and enjoyed some “Glinda the Good” popcorn and “Oz the Powerful” punch.

The group was also treated to new film previews of “Iron Man 3,” “The Lone Ranger” and Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters University” before watching “Oz the Great and Powerful” in RealD 3-D. And of course, there were a few surprises for everyone after the film.

Here’s a look at some more of our favorite images from the night.

Thank you to everyone who attended – it was wonderful meeting so many new friends and fans of the Disney Parks Blog. If you didn’t get a chance to attend, please keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for information about our next meet-up opportunity.

“Oz the Great and Powerful” officially hits theaters on March 8.

Tagged: , , , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Michelle from FL on February 25th, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful event! We absolutely LOVED Oz The Great and Powerful and can’t wait to see it again when it opens!

Alexis on February 25th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Wow! This looks like an incredible time had by all! I cannot wait for OZ to come out in theaters! If possible, I would love to see events like this in NYC; as a Disney aficionado and college student who can’t exactly make it out to the Parks on a whim, it would be wonderful to partake in such exciting previews and events! In any case, congrats to Disney on what looks to be an incredible new feature film!

Jeremiah from CA on February 25th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Did I miss a surprise after the movie? I stuck around till the end of the credits and nothing else was going on….

Norman on February 25th, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Jeremiah, I think the surprise was the bottle of bubbles they were handing out.

Melissa on February 25th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I had a great time at the event! The “Glinda the Good” popcorn was delightful. What was it made with/can we find them anywhere on property?

Norman on February 25th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Alexis, the movie was excellent. You will not be disappointed. :) The 3D was done extremely well, and did not give my fiancee or I a headache.

Michael on February 25th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

As always, thank you for offering these great events for us fans! We really appreciate it and I think Disney has a HIT with Oz – The Great and Powerful! Thanks again to Disney Parks Blog!

ps – the girls want the recipe for the punch!!!!

Heather on February 25th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Had a great time last night, thank you DPB! Can’t wait for everyone to see this film, March 8.

Sandra from Pembroke on February 25th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Had a great time last night. Thank you for hosting such a great opportunity! It’s going to be great on the March 8th release!!

Johnna from AR on February 25th, 2013 at 11:48 pm

How does one go about finding out about meet-ups in time to sign up? I always seem to hear about them once they are already filled up.

Kelly on February 26th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Hi! I watched the movie same place, same day, but for DVC. It was great! I really love the bubbles!

Becca on February 26th, 2013 at 11:50 am

We loved this event! Popcorn was delicious! Was tough not having my phone for 2 hours but was totally worth it! The movie was fabulous

Thanks again for hosting this meetup

Becca

PS – I would love the recipe for the punch it was delicious!

Erin from RI on February 26th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Walt Disney World let me run through the castle in the morning during the runDisney Princess Half and then took me over the rainbow that evening. I can not even imagine a more perfect day!

I loved the Great and Powerful OZ and being able to watch the movie while at Disney World was spectacular! Thank you so much for making this Princesses dreams come true in oh so many ways!

Erin

for the love of Disney running

Monica on February 26th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

We were so thrilled to get into a meetup while we were in town this weekend! And this couldn’t come on a better day. We ran our first Half Marathon that morning and were on such a runner’s high already with our race pals and our Princess medals.

The Oz garden and carnival games were fun, and the movie just blew me away! Loved my little bag of Oz-themed goodies: perfect takeaway. The punch was a big hit it seems! (Is it the Jungle Juice from Boma?)

Thank you DisneyParksBlog for offering this event, and including us. Hope we can do it again sometime!

Monica & Walt