Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Parks Celebrate ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ with New Merchandise

posted on February 27th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Vinylmation Coming to Disney Parks

My son and I recently attended the Disney Parks Blog meet-up for “Oz The Great and Powerful” at Epcot. It was wonderful seeing several Disney Parks Blog readers and friends in person. We both enjoyed the film, along with some challenging trivia before the show (must study next time). My son was a big fan of the winged monkey Finley, while I was delighted to see Bruce Campbell make a brief cameo appearance in the film (he’s one of my favorite actors). With the motion picture arriving in theatres on March 8, Disney Theme Park Merchandise will be offering a variety of merchandise at Disney Parks. I peeked behind the curtain to see what new items are coming soon to stores.

Similar to other major film releases like the award-winning “Brave” or “Wreck-It Ralph,” the merchandise team partnered with the Disney Store to offer select “Oz The Great and Powerful” items at Disney Parks. You can currently find some of those items we will also carry on DisneyStore.com, including incredibly detailed dolls. We have created, however, a few items especially for Disney Parks.

I visited The Land of Oz Garden at Epcot the other morning to capture an image of four new Vinylmation sets coming to Disney Parks on March 8. Each set contains one 3-inch figure paired with one 1.5-inch Vinylmation, Jr. figure. Disney Design Group artist Ron Cohee created these figures. If you are in Florida on March 8, you can meet Ron from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at D Street in Downtown Disney West Side.
‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Merchandise Coming to Disney Parks

March 8 will also see the release of a commemorative opening day pin in select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. This limited edition pin will have an edition size of 1,000.
‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Merchandise Coming to Disney Parks

The soft lines team will release four new shirts for women and one shirt (“Fragile by Feisty”) for girls. I thought the “Good” and “Evil” shirt was a fun design.
‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Merchandise Coming to Disney Parks

Finally, we will be releasing two D-Tech on Demand cases for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4/4S.

I hope you enjoy the show!

Check out these posts for more about “Oz The Great and Powerful” at Disney Parks:

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Megan on February 27th, 2013 at 9:07 am

Wow! That is some great merchandise for a movie that I am very excited to see. I really like the good/evil shirt!

Loren from CA on February 27th, 2013 at 9:39 am

I am excited about the Vinylmation and pin, but, will there be men’s shirts? I would love to have a shirt, too.

Steven Miller on February 27th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

@Loren – Unfortunately, we won’t be offering a shirt for men at Disney Parks. There is currently a shirt available on DisneyStore.com – http://www.disneystore.com/oz-the-great-and-powerful/mn/1016702/

Loren from CA on February 27th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Thanks for the response, Steven. I actually bought that shirt as soon as it came out. LOL! Too bad you won’t have men shirts…I would have totally bought them. :)

Kelly on February 28th, 2013 at 7:49 am

Do you know where some of the locations that are selling the opening day pins are? I would love to pick one up at Disney World in Florida.

Lisa on March 1st, 2013 at 2:23 am

I’m looking forward to seeing the Oz vinylmations in person. They look great in the photo above.

Since February is over I guess there was no vinylmation trading night… Can you please tell us when the next trading night is? I am hoping to be able to go, but I won’t be able to if you guys wait until the last minute to announce the date. I really would like to go since there hasn’t been a vinylmation trading night at disney world since Nov.

Steven Miller on March 4th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

@Lisa – Thanks! It was fun taking that photo at Epcot. Unfortunately, I’ve not received any update about Disney Trading Night for Walt Disney World. I wish I had better news. I’m sorry.

Helen on March 1st, 2013 at 11:33 am

Will the pins be sold at downtown disney? or just the parks?

Steven Miller on March 4th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

@Helen and Kelly – Here are the release locations for the pin:

Walt Disney World Resort
- Downtown Disney Market PLace – Disney’s Pin Traders
- Magic Kingdom – Frontierland Trading Post
- Epcot – Pin Central
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Sorcerer’s Hat Shop
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Island Mercantile
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Bayview Gifts

Disneyland Resort
- Downtown Disney District – Disney’s Pin Traders
- Disneyland park – Little Green Men Store Command
- Disney California Adventure Park – Trolley Treats

Melody on March 2nd, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I am so excited for this movie. I went to the Disney Store in Gilbert and got several things. I ordered a shirt from one of the designers on HSN also. My question is: Where will I be able to get the phone cases?
I will be seeing this on Friday afternoon. YEA!!

Steven Miller on March 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

@Melody – The iPhone cases will be released at the following Walt Disney World Resort locations:

- Downtown Disney Marketplace – World of Disney