Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sweet! Ghirardelli Celebrates 15 Years at Downtown Disney Today at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on February 14th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

What better way to celebrate the holiday here at Walt Disney World Resort than at Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop? The Downtown Disney shop, which also celebrates its 15th anniversary today, offers delicious candies, hot chocolate drinks, and a mouth-watering selection of chocolate sundaes. Here’s a look inside:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Claire from ON on February 14th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Love Ghirardelli!! Best. chocolate milkshakes. EVER!!! Every visit I have to have several to tide me over till my next visit to Disney World. Only 8 days until we check in to Bay Lake Towers, I can almost taste the chocolate now.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 14th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

My fav is the sea-salt caramel hot chocolate. SO GOOD!

Jeff from OH on February 14th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

We love Ghirardelli’s. The espresso escape is my all time favorite.

Catherine on February 14th, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Still trying to figure out how to pronounce Ghirardelli. They pronounced it both ways in this video

Christopher on February 15th, 2013 at 7:56 am

My family’s FAVORITE thing to do at Downtown Disney is get the free chocolate squares they give out! It’s always the first thing on our list when we visit the Marketplace!

Alison from CA on February 15th, 2013 at 9:26 am

Hi Catherine, above–

I grew up near San Francisco, and often visited the original factory there. Part of their advertising used to have the phonetic spelling: it’s pronounced “gear-ar-delly.”

SO happy they opened the store in CA Adventure! Living in So CA now, it makes it much easier to get my fix of their caramel squares….

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 15th, 2013 at 10:44 am

Caramel is my favorite, too.

Chrome on February 19th, 2013 at 9:43 am