Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Portrait Gallery

These Disneyland Resort Burgers Are a Meal in a Bun

posted on February 19th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

We recently had the delightful job of scouting the best burgers at the Disneyland Resort. These days, a burger isn’t just a burger. Toppings like fresh grilled pineapple, avocado, pastrami and fried organic eggs take these hot sandwiches to the next level.
The Hawaiian Cheeseburger at Tangaroa Terrace ― Casual Island Dining at the Disneyland Hotel

One of our favorites was the Hawaiian cheeseburger at Tangaroa Terrace ― Casual Island Dining at the Disneyland Hotel, a third-pounder of Angus beef with freshly grilled pineapple, Havarti cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and a drizzle of sweet teriyaki sauce on a multigrain bun. (And we didn’t mind the crisp, hot sweet potato fries that came with it, or you can also behave and order papaya slaw).

Next door at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, Disney’s PCH Grill offered up a La Mesa Southwest Burger with pepper jack cheese, roasted Anaheim chilies, a big onion ring and a slather of barbecue sauce on a pretzel roll. Spicy, salty, sweet – every bite is a new taste.
The Angus Beef Chili Burger at Taste Pilots’ Grill in Disney California Adventure Park

At Disney California Adventure park, it’s a toss-up: the hearty new version of an Angus beef chili burger at Taste Pilots’ Grill or the decadent Kobe beef cheek sliders with horseradish sour cream, red bell pepper marmalade and crispy onions at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge. You’ll need a knife and fork to tackle the chili burger – and a pile of napkins.

A favorite that’s been on the menu for a while in Disneyland park is the substantial Angus Pastrami Cheeseburger at Village Haus Restaurant, with Swiss cheese, caramelized onions and mild, creamy horseradish sauce. Consider sharing this one.

At the Downtown Disney District, we always plan lunch at Uva Bar so we can see what the chef’s featured burger is – but we generally end up with the Uva Burger, a burger topped with aged white cheddar, “secret sauce,” shredded lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. You don’t have to, but we always ask for the fried organic egg to top it off.

And La Brea Bakery Café offers the classic California burger with Angus beef, applewood smoked bacon, red onions, butter lettuce, tomatoes, white cheddar and Russian dressing. Worth a trip to the Downtown Disney District.

Describe your favorite burger at the Disneyland Resort in the comments!

Read more about dining at the Disneyland Resort in the posts below:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on February 19th, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I haven’t had it in a while, but I love the Angus Pastrami burger at the Village Haus.

The Disneyland resort definitely has a lot of great food options. I really love how the menus for places like Village Haus and Hungry Bear have been improved in recent years.

Jaime on February 19th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Smokehouse burger at ESPN Zone: 1/2 Lb. Angus Beef, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, crispy onion straws, and sweet 3 pepper bacon. If I don’t want to be too bad I will have chicken breast instead of the beef patty. But holy smokes that baby is G-O-O-D! oh and you can have your choice of sides so I will do fruit instead of fries.

Doreen on February 19th, 2013 at 7:52 pm

The Angus Burger at Carthay Circle in DCA is the best burger! I was told by a CM it was the best burger in The Disneyland Resort and I have to agree! Oh and the French fries they serve with it are fried in duck fat!! So good!!!

Fred from CA on February 19th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

From FREDC Sr from CA

I am a burger purist who likes their all beef burgers RARE and plain (just meeat and Bun). My favorite is in the ESPN zone 1/2lb with their fruit mix as the side. Unfortunatly all the in park restaurants list “cheeseburgers” and not “hamburgers”

RUTH on February 19th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

ESPN’s Smokehouse Burger is my favorite also. I usually ask for extra BBQ sauce to dip the fries in. Then after that meal, a long walk around the parks.

I’m sure if Earl of Sandwich had a burger on their menu, it would be my fave also. :-)

Tracy on February 20th, 2013 at 9:31 am

Wished you had put a link to the recipe…..now i am hungry!
Just for the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the tried and true burgers from the StarLight Cafe, just chilling to the tunes of Cosmic Ray as we watch the guest stream by. Of course Pecos Bill serves up a good burger as well and they both are the last of the really good topping bars in all of WDW.

Alyssa on February 20th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

My absolute favorite burger at Disneyland is the Wild Bleu Yonder Burger from Taste Pilot’s Grill. The steak sauce with bleu cheese is perfect! Plus the toppings bar is great so I can customize it with as many pickles as possible.

Ted on February 25th, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I would have to go with Almost any of the burgers at ESPN Zone. Mind you, I haven’t tried any of the ones mentioned above. But so Far, my Favorite is The Smokehouse Burger from ESPN Zone. Although their Classic Burger with pepper jack cheese added, is pretty darn amazing too! my next visit I will have to try some of the ones mentioned.