Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event at the Disneyland Resort

posted on February 28th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

Great news, Disney and Tiki fans! The merchandise events team just finished giving me the scoop on the Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event scheduled for June 28-29, 2013. Plus we have a sneak peek of a few of the items that will be offered and some key dates you won’t want to miss. Here’s your official bird’s-eye view of what you can expect … at least everything I am able to reveal right now (hint, hint!).

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Celebrates its 50th Anniversary at Disneyland Resort

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event
June 28-29
Disneyland Hotel – Exhibit Hall

JOSE Package – $85
Registered event guests will have the opportunity to purchase Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event-themed merchandise via the Random Selection Process.

June 28, 2013 (5-9 p.m.)

• Early Registration
  • Event Store & Random Selection Process Merchandise Pick-up
  • Trading Area

June 29, 2013 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)

• Event Store & Random Selection Process Merchandise Pick-up
  • Artist Signings
  • Silent Auction
  • Trading Area and Activities
  • Commemorative Gifts

“Early Birdies” Special Offer: Don’t miss out! Register early and receive a limited edition “Early Birdies” pin.

Special Experience Add-On:
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary – SHAG Cocktail Reception – $185

Tip: In order to register for the SHAG Cocktail Reception, Guests must also be registered for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event ‘JOSE’ Package.

June 29, 2013 (7–10 p.m.)

• Cocktail Reception
  • Light Hors d’oeuvres
  • Meet and Greet with SHAG
  • Commemorative Photo
  • Commemorative Gifts

Here’s a sneak peek at the limited edition “Early Birdies” gift pin and other merchandise available for registered event guests to purchase:

Ticket Sales begin Tuesday, April 2, 2013, at 11 a.m. (Pacific Time) via www.ArtofDisneyParks.com. Look for more information in the coming weeks.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Art of Disney, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Carrie from CA on February 28th, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Hi! Could you fix the gallery? Clicking on any of the photos or links brings up “Page Not Found” – thanks!

Jonathan on February 28th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

If you go to the art of disney link, you can see the items scrolling along at the top.

Michelle–do you know if the “Welcome to our Tropical Hideaway” print by Shag will be open edition, and will it be available online or by Mail Order after the event?

Michelle Harker on February 28th, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Jonathan, the Welcome to our Tropical Hideaway image by SHAG will be a limited edition, however, I would recommend contacting our Disney Merchandise Guest Services team beginning July 1st, to inquire about remaining quantities. Wait until you see some of the other stuff coming out for this event. It’s amazing!

Gerald from MD on February 28th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Indeed, the photo gallery is not working. “Page Not Found” :(

ROZALEN on February 28th, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Yes, Carrie is right. Gallery photos still not available.

Michelle Harker on February 28th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Rozalen, Carrie and Gerald, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, we’re currently looking into it. However I have noticed that if you click on the ‘view all’ link in the blue box, it should work.

Rob on February 28th, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Only one Shag item??

Michelle Harker on March 1st, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Hey Rob! There will actually be quite a few other items by SHAG, so keep watching the Disney Parks Blog as we continue to release more information.

Jindy from CA on March 1st, 2013 at 1:53 am

This is fab! I was hoping the anniversary would include an event with SHAG. I hope to attend the cocktail reception. I’m a huge fan of Shag and the Tiki Room!

Michelle Harker on March 1st, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Hi there! Hope that you can join us! It’s going to be a great event!

Reginald on March 1st, 2013 at 7:24 pm

My wife and are celebrating our 50th Birthdays by going to the Enchanted Tiki room events. We are big fans of both Shag and the attraction. Will the events be at the Hotel and the park? Also what is a random selection process? We are so excited!!!

David from UT on March 2nd, 2013 at 11:16 am

Hey Michelle! Are there going to be other artists signing alongside Shag? I am celebrating my 50th Anniversary too this year!!!!

Michelle Harker on March 4th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

We will actually have quite a few artists on hand as part of the event, but I can’t release any names to you right now, so you’ll have to keep watching the blog.

Mark on March 2nd, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Hi- Just want to make sure I understand- in order to attend the cocktail reception with Shag, we need to register for the JOSE package, as well as the reception, and we also need to book hotel reservations?
Thanks!

Michelle Harker on March 4th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Hi Mark! Yes, that’s correct. In order to purchase a ticket to the SHAG Cocktail Reception you need to also purchase a JOSE package level ticket. I would recommend booking your hotel reservations soon as well, if you are planning to attend. Hope that helps.

Laura from CA on March 4th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

When you purchase the Jose package does that include both Friday night and Saturday, or do you pick one of the 2 times?
Also will there be information on how the random selection process works?
Trying to figure out schedule with work etc.
Thanks

Michelle Harker on March 5th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Hey Laura! The Jose package includes both Friday night (5-9pm) and Saturday (8am-5pm) – you do not have to choose.

Here’s some detail on how the Random Selection Process Works.

RSP stands for the Random Selection Process, a computer program designed to award limited edition product to event guests based on their preferences. Normally, two RSP’s are run for each event. The Random Selection Process and complete merchandise list will be available for event guests to submit once they have registered for the event.

How does the RSP work? The RSP always starts with the first item and moves sequentially through the list of available items. It gathers all the guests that put item #1 as their first preference, randomizes the guest list and randomizes the available pieces. Next, it will match up a random guest with a random piece, continuing until it either runs out of guests or runs out of pieces. If it awards the item to every guest that put item #1 as their first preference and still has items remaining it will gather all guests that put item #1 as their second preference. It will randomize these guests and the remaining pieces and start matching again. The process continues through preference 3, 4 and so on until it either runs out of preferences or runs out of pieces. When item #1 is complete it will move to item #2 and gather all the guests that put item #2 as their first preference. The RSP is complete when it either runs out of preferences or runs out of pieces.

James on March 4th, 2013 at 8:36 pm

I have the same question as a number of posters here: what is the Random Selection Process and how does it work?

I also have a second question! I have small children (age 5 and under); will they be allowed in with me if I purchase the Jose package?

Thanks!

Michelle Harker on March 5th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

James, hopefully the answer above on the Random Selection Process will help. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

In regards to your second question, any child three years of age and older will need an event ticket.

Reginald on March 5th, 2013 at 2:53 am

Does random selection mean you can not choose what merchandise you would like? Is that why there is a trading component? Is staying in a Disney hotel a requirement as well. I am traveling with a family of 4. It seems I might have to pay $340 and another $370 to attend the cocktail party. This is getting really expensive! Any suggestions for us with families?

Michelle Harker on March 5th, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Hi Reginald! I posted some information up above for Laura to clarify the Random Selection Process, I hope you will find it helpful. Staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel is not a requirement for the event.

shawna on March 5th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Will the park be selling commemorative merchandise also? I would love to go to this event but not in my Disney budget at the moment, taking a Disney Cruise this September but would love a Tiki Room 50th pin.

Michelle Harker on March 5th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Shawna, I would recommend contacting our Disney Merchandise Guest Services in the weeks after the event to inquire about any remaining quantities of the Walt Disney Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary pins.

robert on March 5th, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Will there be some ability for those of us who are in Walt Disney World in Florida who also love the Tiki Room to be able to purchase some of the merchandise?

Michael on March 5th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Will all the merchandise that will be available be announced soon? So far I only see interesting smaller items save for the Shag print, but Im hoping there will be some kind of amazing premium item that I have to have. Also, I am understanding correctly that with this Random Selection Process, if I attend wanting to buy said specific item that there is a chance I might not be able to buy it (and have to wait for the inevitable outrageously priced Ebay auction even though I attended the event)?

Rob on March 8th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Oh please let there be another SHAG Vinylmation.

James on March 10th, 2013 at 7:49 am

Hi Michelle,

In regards to the limited edition Shag print. Do you know if it will be a silkscreen or a giclee? and do you know the edition size and price as well?

Mary on March 12th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

When will registration for this event begin? I’ve looked everywhere and cannot find this information.

Laura from CA on March 25th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

As time gets closer to register, I have a question. If you buy the Jose package -Do you have to be present on Friday night present? or can you submit your Random List and get your merchandise on Saturday?

Is Saturday’s random process different than Friday and can you change Saturday based on what you might have gotten on Friday

Also when might more merchandise be posted?
Thanks

Cristi on March 29th, 2013 at 11:04 am

So, today is the Friday before the Tuesday morning when the tickets are to go on sale. I thought we were going to have an opportunity to see what additional items were going to be offered before we bought our tickets. Has that plan changed or are y’all delaying the ticket sales? Thanks!

Shelby on March 29th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

So where and when do you register for the event?