Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

A Villain and Hero Highlight ‘Star Wars’ Weekends 2013 in Weekend I and Weekend II and a First Look at the 2013 Event Logo

posted on March 14th, 2013 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

One of Mickey Mouse’s favorite things about Star Wars Weekends is that he gets to dress in his Jedi best and join the galactic fun. Each year, Mickey seems to take on a different role in the official “Star Wars” Weekends logo. This year, his imagination takes him to the Forest Moon of Endor, where he is seen zipping away from scout troopers with Chip and Dale. Mickey’s wild speeder bike ride on this year’s artwork has historical significance, as 2013 marks the 30th anniversary of “Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi” — the film that featured the Battle of Endor.

The 'Star Wars' Weekends Logo for 2013 Features Mickey in the Forest Moon of Endor with Chip and Dale

In addition to unveiling the logo for this year’s event, we’re excited to announce a pair of celebrity appearances for Star Wars Weekends 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort, with two legends from the saga doubling the fun in two consecutive weekends.

Action star Ray Park, who portrayed the Sith warrior Darth Maul on the silver screen, will be one of the celebrity guests in Weekends I and II. Actor Warwick Davis, known to Star Wars fans as everyone’s favorite Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick, will be one of the guests during Weekends II and III.

More Star Wars celebrities will be announced soon, so be sure to program your droids to scan the Disney Parks Blog and StarWars.com, as well as DisneyWorld.com/StarWarsWeekends for updates.

Star Wars Weekends takes place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 17-June 9, 2013. Most event activities are included in regular park admission.

Join the conversation online by using the hash tag #StarWarsWeekends on Twitter.

Star Wars: © 2013 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Allison from GA on March 14th, 2013 at 11:14 am

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

David on March 14th, 2013 at 11:19 am

Love the 2013 Star Wars Weekends logo! Looks very cool. I always get a kick out of seeing “Jedi Mickey” in the Disney/Star Wars mashups.

Gary Buchanan on March 14th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Thanks David. I love it too. I think my favorite addition to the logo this year is the cameo from Chip & Dale.

Michael on March 14th, 2013 at 11:43 am

Woo Hoo!!! Ray Park and Warwick Davis for week 2. so excited. Now if they only announce the Carbon Freeze Me, it will be perfect

William on March 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Any chance of Disney creating a pin with the above logo to go with the other Star Wars themed pins?

Gary Buchanan on March 14th, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Stay tuned, William. Our Padawan pal Steven Miller will soon have some info. right here about the exclusive event merchandise.

Banks on March 14th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

So excited to see Ray & Warwick back, and both for two straight weeks! This is shaping out to be another great Star Wars Weekends!

Gary Buchanan on March 14th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Warwick and Ray really put on a great show and love the fans. We are very excited to have them back this year, especially for 2 weeks each. We’re just glad Darth Maul never met the Ewoks in the saga. I can’t see any scenario where that would end well.

Jessica on March 14th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Booked my flight today to be there opening day!!!

Gary Buchanan on March 14th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Fantastic, Jessica! If you see me running around on Opening Day (I’ll be in my Obi-Wanna-Be robe, I’m sure), please say hi!

Ziro on March 14th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Great logo! Any Clone Wars stuff?
Hope we’ll get a preview of the next arcs

Crystal on March 14th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Sooooo excited can’t wait to go :)
I hope the logo will be on a tshirt as well cause that is one I might just have to by more then one of…… 1 for the collection and 1 or 2 to wear ;)

Jared on March 14th, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Is Carbon Freeze Me making a return this year?

Gary Buchanan on March 14th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Crystal and Jared – We hope to have an update posted soon about event merchandise, so stay tuned!

Amanda on March 14th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

We are going to try and go this year. This will be our first time at Star Wars weekends :)

Gary Buchanan on March 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

You’re in for a galactic treat! Keep checking here, StarWars.com and also DisneyWorld.com/StarWarsWeekends for the latest and greatest news from the event’s Jedi Council.

Michael on March 14th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

How does the fast pass work with the celebrity guests? What time do they start giving them out?

Natalie on March 14th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Warwick was also Willow! I’m so excited!!! I love Star Wars weekend. This will be my 3rd year in a row going. The logo this year is better than last years in my opinion, but I favor the holy trilogy :)

Christopher from CA on March 14th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I want a pin of this one and I RARELY buy pins!

Mark on March 14th, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I will be there Monday thru Friday. Will there be any Star Wars activities or themed events during the week? Oh, and I’m hoping for Carbon Freeze Me!

Gabriel on March 14th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Would Oswald make an appearance in this year’s event?

Robert on March 14th, 2013 at 8:35 pm

So psyched. Coming for my first Star Wars Weekends ever! Really hoping for the carbonite me as well.

Marc on March 15th, 2013 at 1:30 am

Not that we are big Star wars fans or any thing.. ok, ok we are. Can’t wait. Going to be there on the 17th for my birthday. Star wars, Disney and fun with my wife and kids. It don’t get better then that.

Anita on March 15th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

WOOOHOOOO~! YES! Warwick is who I was hoping for this year! Also crossing fingers (until they break) that Jim Cummings will be added as well! Yay!

alice on March 16th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I live in Southern California. Two years ago, I was able to attend the Star Wars Weekends at WDW. Any hope that the Disneyland Resort will host SW celebration too?

Isabelle on March 17th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Warwick Davis is going to be at the Star Wars Weekend! WARWICK DAVIS IS GOING TO BE AT DISNEY WORLD AND I WON’T SEE HIM CAUSE I’M GOING THERE ON WEEK 4…….This is not happening…Please somebody tell me I’m dreaming and I’m not going to miss him by a week…………

Patricia on March 17th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

What about us teachers that can’t come down during this time? Disney should really look into expanding the Star Wars weekends a bit for all of us whose jobs don’t let us go.

Shelley on March 17th, 2013 at 8:16 pm

My son CAN NOT wait to go to Disney for Star Wars Weekend! We are all looking forward to it! LOVE the Logo too!

Marc on March 18th, 2013 at 2:13 am

Looking forward to seeing and maybe meeting Warwick Davis. I think he is a very good actor and I’m glad he is going to be there.

Chininia on March 19th, 2013 at 6:40 am

Will they have the Star Tours name tags again? They are so cool. Looking forward to getting more name tags made this year. I love Star War Weekends. See you every weekend.

Sara from GA on March 19th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

My husband and I will be there in June for the last Star Wars weekend. We’ve never experienced it before and we’re very excited! I sure hope we can find a pin with the logo because it looks awesome! Even though it’s the last weekend, I hope there’s still going to be some awesome events happening!

Dale on March 19th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

We’re booked for the 17th of May. We kept our son in the dark about the Star Wars weekend so that he’ll be blown away to see all the characters in the parade. We are too excited!!!

Cheri on March 20th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Would definitely like to see this event at Disneyland in CA with my grandchildren!!!

Ashley on March 20th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

We are looking at making our third trip in a row. But this time, I should have my 501st membership, so it will be extra special for me!

melissa on March 29th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

cant wait to meet Warwick Davis…..super excited. this year though i would liek to see more characters like Jawas, gamorrean guards walking around. didnt get to see any last year. love the fact that they have an autograph book just for star wars weekend….

Kristin on April 4th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Yay! Hoping to bring my 10 year old this weekend!