Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

Behind the Scenes: Horticulture Preps 100 Topiaries for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on March 3rd, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Although the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival doesn’t begin until March 6, preparations have been underway for weeks – especially to ready the festival’s more than 100 topiaries.

Eric Darden, manager of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, recently gave us a sneak peek at some of the work that’s been going on backstage. Take a look.

Visit the Disney Parks Blog next week for more on this year’s festival.

For more from the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, read the posts below:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Susie on March 3rd, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I love searching for the topiaries. Sometimes they are back in the corners so you have to go looking for them!!! One of my hobbies is photographing Disney and the Flower & Garden Festival is one of my favorite times of the year. My goal will be to photograph each and every topiary. Luckily I live very close — just a couple of miles away so I can go often…. FLOWER POWER!!!

Leslie on March 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Hi- I will be there in May to see the Festival for the first time. I can’t wait! We’ll be taking the Gardens of the World tour to learn more about how these beautiful topiaries are made.

Erin from RI on March 4th, 2013 at 7:58 am

I loved seeing the topiaries coming out at Epcot during runDisney Princess Half Marathon weekend! I could not resist looking for them and taking tons of pictures! Everyone does such a wonderful job with the Flower and Garden Festival…enjoy the season!

Erin
LoveDisneyRun
for the love of Disney running

Debra from NJ on March 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am

Thank you! It’s so exciting to see the preparations for the Flower & Garden Festival. I can’t wait to take a photowalk with my gardening/photography friends in May. The festival just gets bigger and better each year!

Deb

Alexander on March 4th, 2013 at 8:37 pm

The troll used at Norway used to have a wodden hanger for a light or something? What happened to that?

I love Flower and Garden Festival. Epcot turns so beautiful! Wish it would stay that way always….

David from NY on March 6th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Next year we are coming down for the Flower and Garden Festival.
Haunted Dave