Disney Vinylmation

Disney-Inspired Handbags and Accessories by Vera Bradley to Bloom This Fall at Disney Parks

posted on March 5th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Disney-Inspired
I’m excited to announce that new Disney-inspired handbags and accessories by Vera Bradley will bloom this fall at Disney Parks. Known for their stylish quilted cotton luggage, handbags and accessories, Vera Bradley has been infusing color into all aspects of women’s lives for more than 30 years. Disney Theme Park Merchandise worked closely with Vera Bradley to develop two new patterns that will appear on items this fall. I spoke with Cathy Dawson, merchandiser for accessories at Disney Parks, about these colorful additions.

“We are thrilled to introduce Vera Bradley to our accessories assortment,” exclaimed Cathy. “In recent years, we’ve seen several guests in our parks and resorts sporting fun, colorful bags by Vera Bradley. Even our Disney Cruise Line team recently added some items by Vera Bradley to the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. We thought it would be wonderful to add a splash of Disney to these popular and colorful accessory items.”
“Disney-Inspired
The new Disney-inspired patterns have names, which is something Vera Bradley does for all of their patterns. Cathy said the black pattern is called “Midnight with Mickey,” while the pink pattern is named “Just Mousing Around.” These patterns will be seen on duffel bags, totes, cosmetic bags and more.

When released this fall, guests will find these items at select locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. They will also be sold via the Disney Parks online store at a future date.

If you plan on visiting the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, please stop by the Festival Center, located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy in Future World, to get a first look at these bags on display. The festival runs from March 6 through May 19, 2013.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

1 2 3

Amanda on March 5th, 2013 at 11:06 am

There goes all my attempts at trying to save money! I will definitely be buying this when it comes out haha. Do normal discounts apply to the products? (i.e. annual pass holders, cast members, etc.?)

Shannon on March 5th, 2013 at 11:20 am

Very cute! Will they be available for purchase at the Flower & Garden Festival? I hope so; I’m needing a couple of pieces and these would be perfect now!

Steven Miller on March 5th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

@Amanda – From my understanding, normal discounts would apply to these items.

@Shannon – The Vera Bradley items won’t be for sale at the Epcot Interational Flower and Garden Festival. We will have a few of them on display in the Festival Center in Future World. The bags will be released in fall 2013.

Debra from NJ on March 5th, 2013 at 11:21 am

Oh my! I love my Vera Bradley park bag but I think it’s time for a new one..or two;) I’ll be sure to check them out in May at the Flower & Garden Festival.

Chris on March 5th, 2013 at 11:26 am

I must have there….as in one of all of them. I love my Disney Dooney – but I use my VB bags every day. Thank you Disney!!!

Diane on March 5th, 2013 at 11:28 am

I’m so excited about these new Vera Bradley bags. i can’t wait to see them at F & G !! They are beautiful Steve…

Thanks
Diane

Steven Miller on March 5th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

@Diane – I’m delighted to hear you are a fan! I was at the Festival Center this morning taking photos and saw the display case. It’s near the merchandise location inside the Festival Center.

Elizabeth on March 5th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Love love love!!!! Love my Vera Bradley bags and LOVE Disney!!

Jenny from OH on March 5th, 2013 at 11:32 am

I’m so excited I can hardly stand it. We’re going in June and now I’m trying to think of how to squeeze another trip in so I can purchase! This made my day!!!!!

Steven Miller on March 5th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

@Jenny – “O-H!” I hope you have a great trip and hope to see you again later this year.

Sherri from MI on March 5th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Just what I’ve been waiting for!!!! I think the Vera crossbody bags are the ultimate Disney bag and I have used them on many a Disney trip! CAN’T WAIT!!!! Such cute patterns, too!

Laura from PA on March 5th, 2013 at 11:37 am

Ok…to say I am excited about this is putting it mildly. Almost as excited as when I found out Starbucks would be coming to the WDW parks :)

Elizabeth on March 5th, 2013 at 11:39 am

My two loves! Can’t wait for these!

Tammy on March 5th, 2013 at 11:49 am

Love Love Love!!! I love my Vera crossbody bags for Disney trips!! OMG!

Charlotte on March 5th, 2013 at 11:52 am

Oh my gosh!!! I am so excited to get these! Vera bags are my favorite bags to use while in the World. These will definitely be added to the collection! Can’t wait to see them at F&G in 2 weeks, hope they will be available for purchase when I return in September!

Steven Miller on March 5th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

@Charlotte – I hope you have a wonderful visit to the Flower and Garden Festival. As a photographer, it’s one of my favorite times of the year. We are planning for a fall 2013 release for these bags. Look for more information later this year.

Heidi from PA on March 5th, 2013 at 11:56 am

Wow!! Two of my favorite things. Disney and Vera Bradley.I cannot wait!!!

Amy on March 5th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I will be at Flower and Garden in 2 weeks. I hope, hope, hope they will have some for sale there… Love these!!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

@Amy – That’s great! I hope you have a nice visit. Unfortunately, the bags won’t be for sale until the fall. We do have them on display in the Festival Center, so please stop by to see them in person.

sharon from TX on March 5th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

If they did have then at the Festival I would purchase, but says in the Fall and they are previewing them……I know what i want for CHRISTMAS this year! These are fantastic!! My TWO LOVES!

Betty on March 5th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I actually purchased the VaVa Bloom backpack,wristlet and back sack for our trip to WDW because the colors remind me of Disney!!!! I will def buy this pattern. :)

Rebecca from OH on March 5th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I think the article said they wouldn’t be available till fall…..so don’t count on seeing them this spring and summer! I cannot wait till they come out!

linda on March 5th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

wonderful idea. i love it. very excited to buy my new disney purse. they are so nice and light. i adore the patterns. thanks

Marla on March 5th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I absolutely love these. I’m leaning towards the black. I only wished I had this last year when we visited Walt Disney. We did get a great bag from Disney as part of my son’s birthday celebration which we loved and used the whole trip. I have to say the International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot was one of my favorite exhibits. I only wished we could be there this year.

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

@Marla – I hope you are able to visit us again soon. Please wish your son a happy belated birthday.

Rae on March 5th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I’m about to die of cuteness. Best partnership ever.

Stephanie from IN on March 5th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Super excited! But just as I thought my Disney purse buying was over…….got one of each of the Lesportsac Small World bags and one of the special Mickey/Minnie Lesportsac bags, Now Vera…..cannot wait! Just got back last night from Disney and can’t wait for our October trip so I can get these awesome prints!
Guess it will be early Christmas for me!!!!!!!!

Amanda on March 5th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Oh goodness! I am SO incredibly excited! I’ve always wanted one of the Disney Dooney and Burke bags but hesitated a bit when I saw the price but now I’m SURE to buy one (or more!) of the Vera pieces! Thanks Disney!

Staci on March 5th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Absolutely love the new Vera Bradley Disney Design! Can’t wait for it to come out later this year! Will definitely be purchasing a one. Normal discount apply with the purchase no exclusions yet? (i.e. cast, annual, dvc etc). Will it be released by Food & Wine Festival or early fall? Gives me something to save for and splurge whenever its released!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 7:55 pm

@Staci – From my understanding, normal discounts would apply. I unfortunately don’t have a confirmed release date at this point. I was told fall. Yet, I believe that the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is a perfect excuse to visit again. It’s my favorite time of the year!

Tiffany on March 5th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Woo Hoo! I cannot wait to get my hands on a Disney Vera Bradley bag. I will be there in August so hope they have some early. Otherwise I am gonna be disappointed as I pass the warehouse everyday on my way to work in Fort Wayne…. too bad the Disney bags will be so close but so far away.

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

@Tiffany – How cool! I’ve never visited Fort Wayne but recall talking about that city while attending college in northwestern Ohio. The only date I have right now is fall. We will offer these items on our Disney Parks online store at a future date – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

Jennifer on March 5th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I cannot wait! We were just visiting in January and I noticed all the of Vera’s around the resort (me included). I cannot wait for this new line! I will most definitely be purchasing mine! Between Vera & Dooney, I am going to have a hard time picking a bag to carry each day!

Susan on March 5th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

So super duper excited … Vera and Disney I will buy and carry proudly!

Debra on March 5th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I love Vera Bradley’s stuff. Can’t wait to check these out at the F&G. Please keep us posted on a date when they go on sale. Thanks!

Jessica on March 5th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Oh my goodness! I hope these are out when we go in October…I’ll take one of everything in the darker pattern!!! :)

Shannan on March 5th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I’m a Vera collector and Disney lover, these are perfect!

Carol from PA on March 5th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I can’t wait!!! They look great!!! Two of my favorite things….Vera and Disney!

Jenny from OH on March 5th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

@Steven – “I-O”…just sayin!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

@Jenny – I wish there was a way to favorite your response :-)

Nancy on March 5th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

WONDERFUL!
Cannot wait!!!
I’ll take one in each design!
You, Disney, will not be dissappointed teaming up with Vera Bradley.
They are an excellent product.
Just wish they were still made in the USA???

MATTHEW on March 5th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I love these!!!! So cute!!
Christine!

Marc on March 5th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I love this prints!!! Especially “Midnight with Mickey”!! I am so glad that I renewed my AP so now when these come out, I can rush out to get them! I proclaimed this to be the “best news EVER!” to my husband….who didn’t think so because he knows how much it will cost him! LOL!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

@Marc – Ha!! Thanks for the laugh and the nice comment.

Charles from OH on March 5th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Will there be backpacks?

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:01 pm

@Charles – Yes. We have one on display in the Festival Center at Epcot now. And please give my love to the Buckeye State!

Elaine from IL on March 5th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I just mentioned to my husband last year that I wished Disney and Vera Bradley would get together as I am a big fan of both and look what happened!!! Talk about a dream come true!! SOOOOO excited, and I can’t wait to get a hold of one of these bags. Thank you Disney and Vera Bradley!!!

DIANE on March 5th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

The best of 2 worlds just collided!!!! I am soo excited. Too bad we are going in July. I would love to pick some up. Will have to wait till its available online. I’m soo excited!!

Summer on March 5th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

This is great news…I gotta say I’ve thought of this partnership and what a match made in heaven it would be for a long time now…you can’t walk 10 feet at Disney and not see someone carrying Vera, myself included! I can’t wait to get my hands on these this fall. First Starbucks and now Vera…you guys are really knockin’ it out of the park lately!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:03 pm

@Summer – Thank you! I am also looking forward to Starbucks. I visited the location at Disney California Adventure Park last summer and it was awesome.

Dena on March 5th, 2013 at 3:32 pm

My mom will be STOKED!! I have a Disney D&B barrel bag I got for Christmas a few years ago, so i cant wait to add a couple of these to my collection! M mom is very much a VB and Disney fan! So excited they’ll be available in time for Christmas!

Michelle on March 5th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Anyway to get these without visiting the parks? I won’t be there for at least a year!

Rosalie on March 5th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Flying from Hawaii with Vera bags,into WDW April,can,t wait to see new ones! Love WDW & VB

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:05 pm

@Michelle – We will be offering these items on our Disney Parks online store at a future date – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

@Rosalie – Do you have room in your suitcase to take me back to Hawai’i with you? :-) Have a great trip!

Mary from MN on March 5th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

If the On The Go is available in these new prints, I’m SO getting it. Love the Midnight with Mickey.

Cari on March 5th, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Love the patterns!!! Can’t wait to purchase one….as I have a feeling these are going to sell fast! Where can we find a glimpse of the Cruise Line version??

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

@Cari – There isn’t a new pattern for Disney Cruise Line at this point. The Disney Cruise Line team recently introduced four existing patterns from Vera Bradley on the ships. Those patterns include Go Wild, Midnight Blues, Plum Crazy and Jazzy Blooms. They like to offer a mixture of Disney items along with brands that Guests recognize on the ships.

Allison on March 5th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

This is by far one of the best partnerships that Disney could have done for accessories!!!! I know I will be buying these products along with MILLIONS of others!!!! :)

Stephanie from FL on March 5th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Can’t wait to see these in person! I love all of Disney’s collaboration with handbag designers-I can always have some Disney with me wherever I go! This Vera Bradley line isn’t replacing any of the other handbag lines though, right?

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

@Stephanie – These new Vera Bradley items will be a nice addition to our existing assortment. They are not meant to replace anything, only to enhance what we offer.

Rosalie on March 5th, 2013 at 6:17 pm

After third stay at Aulani I purchased aDooney Burke Aulani. & I just love it…….Need a VB for my collection,

Morgan on March 5th, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I cannot wait till I can get one for me and my daughter! They are so cute!

Kelly from CT on March 5th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Hi – I’m going to Disney in September. Will the vera Bradley bags be available for purchase then?

Devin on March 5th, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Of course you know I am gonna buy one of these!! Idk if Brooke or Amanda ever told you but I collect and buy ALL the Dooney & Bourke ones so I can’t wait to buy these ones from Vera!
-Devin N.-

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:14 pm

@Kelly – The only date I have right now is fall. I will have a better idea in a few months.

@Devin – How nice to hear from you! I didn’t know you were a super fan of Vera Bradley. I guess these new bags have your name written all over them. Please give your family my regards. :-)

Penny on March 5th, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I am so excited to see these. Please, please, please, tell me there will be a Winnie-the-Pooh?!! I want one of each!!!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:15 pm

@Penny – At this point, we only have the two patterns show above. I don’t know of any plans for a Winnie the Pooh pattern. Sorry.

1 2 3