Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park

Disney-Inspired Handbags and Accessories by Vera Bradley to Bloom This Fall at Disney Parks

posted on March 5th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Disney-Inspired
I’m excited to announce that new Disney-inspired handbags and accessories by Vera Bradley will bloom this fall at Disney Parks. Known for their stylish quilted cotton luggage, handbags and accessories, Vera Bradley has been infusing color into all aspects of women’s lives for more than 30 years. Disney Theme Park Merchandise worked closely with Vera Bradley to develop two new patterns that will appear on items this fall. I spoke with Cathy Dawson, merchandiser for accessories at Disney Parks, about these colorful additions.

“We are thrilled to introduce Vera Bradley to our accessories assortment,” exclaimed Cathy. “In recent years, we’ve seen several guests in our parks and resorts sporting fun, colorful bags by Vera Bradley. Even our Disney Cruise Line team recently added some items by Vera Bradley to the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. We thought it would be wonderful to add a splash of Disney to these popular and colorful accessory items.”
“Disney-Inspired
The new Disney-inspired patterns have names, which is something Vera Bradley does for all of their patterns. Cathy said the black pattern is called “Midnight with Mickey,” while the pink pattern is named “Just Mousing Around.” These patterns will be seen on duffel bags, totes, cosmetic bags and more.

When released this fall, guests will find these items at select locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. They will also be sold via the Disney Parks online store at a future date.

If you plan on visiting the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, please stop by the Festival Center, located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy in Future World, to get a first look at these bags on display. The festival runs from March 6 through May 19, 2013.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Jonathan on March 6th, 2013 at 8:58 am

Speaking of the Flower and Garden Festival, are we going to get a preview of the merchandise??

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:17 pm

@Jonathan – Yes! I had an article published today showcasing some of the merchandise:

CAMILLA on March 6th, 2013 at 9:16 am

I can’t wait! We’ll be checking them out during Halloween! I know what my mom is getting for Christmas!

Maureen on March 6th, 2013 at 9:24 am

During New Years I had been recuperating and took a wheel chair to all the parks, her Miller bag fit like a glove on the back of the chair and the kids loved stuffing it with little gifts and grabbing a ton of snacks!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:19 pm

@Maureen – Well with a name like “Miller bag,” it has to be awesome :-) I hope you are feeling better.

phyllis on March 6th, 2013 at 9:29 am

You’ve made my day these bags are awesome!!!!!!

SANDRA from MA on March 6th, 2013 at 9:51 am

When you say Fall, do you mean around the time of the September pin event? I’d love to have one for the event! I’ve been waiting forever for VB to team up with Disney! I use my Vera backpack at the parks all the time but to have a Disney themed one would be wonderful!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:22 pm

@Sandra – I wish I had a more defined date but I was only told fall. I will have a better idea in a few months. I’m glad to know you like the new patterns.

Traci on March 6th, 2013 at 10:00 am

OMG – my two favorite things in this world…Vera Bradley and Disney – I can’t even believe this!!! I am planning a trip in December and I have been shopping around for the perfect backpack to use while we are in the parks…guess what…I think I might be waiting and making this my 1st purchase upon arrival!!! THANK YOU VERA AND THANK YOU DISNEY!!!

Amy on March 6th, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hi Steven! I can’t believe we missed this by 1 day – we were at WDW over the weekend and just left yesterday! I can’t wait to see the Vera Bradley in person :)

Megan on March 6th, 2013 at 10:21 am

Will they be available on-line or only at the parks?

JOHN on March 6th, 2013 at 10:34 am

Actually this is Boots giving this comment. I always use a Vera backpack on my Disney trips. Hope there will be a backpack in these patterns.

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:24 pm

@Megan – We will release these at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and on our Disney Parks online store – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

@John/Boots – We are planning for a backpack. One is currently on display in the Festival Center at Epcot.

Victoria from FL on March 6th, 2013 at 11:52 am

I will see them at the flower show. I will own at least one of each. I too love my Mickey Dooney, I’m thinking it’s also time for a new Dooney with Mickey of course!

Debra on March 6th, 2013 at 11:59 am

This post made my day! I am in LOVE with these bags! Way to go Disney! I love the fact that you are partnering with Vera Bradley, but please ease my mind and tell me your partnership with Vera Bradley will not replace your partnership with Dooney & Bourke!! There’s a piece of the pie for everyone! We girls have to have our bags and love variety! Dooneys, Harveys and now Vera! Wow, Disney! You rock!

Sheryl from NJ on March 6th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Love the new Vera Disney bags, and will love them even more when we take our annual family reunion trip in October. Can’t wait to get my hands on these, so excited!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:27 pm

@Sheryl – I hope you have a wonderful trip. October is a great time to visit, especially for a family reunion.

Colleen from PA on March 6th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I’m so excited! I get so many compliments on my Dooney and Bourke Disney Bag! I can’t wait to hear them for these bags as well! As we are not planning a trip for this fall, I hope it will not take long to get them online!

Kristine from IL on March 6th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Not normally a big Vera Bradley fan, but these are adorable!! And, I agree with Penny! I sure hope Pooh and pal bags will be available at some point! That would be a great fit as well!!

david on March 6th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Ahhhhhh!!!! Oh My! It seems as though the Disney Merchandise Team are MIND READERS!!!!! First they reveal new Haunted Mansion merch, my fave….and now, Disney themed Veras?!! My wife is ECSTATIC!! Now to put our purchase plan into action….must be smart about this and not jeopardize the kids college fund!!

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 9:25 am

@David – I knew you were going to write this comment. :-) Thank you for such an enthusiastic response. My daughter is starting college in the fall so I know what you mean. Ha!

Charles from TX on March 6th, 2013 at 8:05 pm

My wife wants one TODAY!!!!

Susie on March 6th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I am BEYOND EXCITED!!! As a Vegan I don’t buy any leather products, so couldn’t buy any Dooney & Bourke bags. My poor husband better start saving now because I want them all!!!

SUSAN from MA on March 6th, 2013 at 8:18 pm

OMG!!!! 2 of my favorites in the world!!! I’m a Disney fanatic and I love Vera Bradley bags!!! Can’t wait to get these bags!! I hope the stores will be well stocked with bags and accessories!!
THANK YOU DISNEY!!!!!!

Patricia on March 6th, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Fantastic Idea! The two patterns are AWESOME!
Love Vera and DISNEY!! Sure to be a big hit at the parks. Very excited to purchase a bag or two for my daughter and myself on our next WDW trip!

Joyce on March 6th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I will definitely be buying these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the big one and the tote in the black patern – how much are they selling for??????

Mary from GA on March 6th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

When did they start selling Vera Bradley on the Cruise ships? We were on the Dream in December and didn’t see it. We’ll be on the Wonder in June. Which ships if any do they sell Vera on? Do they have any of the new pattern yet? Love Vera Bradley. Would love to add to my collection!!

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 9:29 am

@Joyce – I don’t have final retails yet but from my understanding they will be comparable to other items offered by Vera Bradley.

@Mary – The Disney Cruise Line just introduced them to the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy a few weeks ago. They will also appear on the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic soon. They have four different patterns from Vera Bradley including Go Wild, Midnight Blues, Plum Crazy and Jazzy Blooms. They do not have these new Disney-inspired patterns as they won’t be released until this fall.

Staci from CA on March 6th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I can’t wait. I can’t wait. I can’t wait. Can we get on a pre-order list so they don’t sell out before I get to order one (or more!)

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 9:30 am

@Staci – I guess you can’t wait. :-) Unfortunately, we aren’t offering a pre-order option at this time. We plan to release these in the fall at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. They will also be carried on our Disney Parks online store – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

Madeleine on March 6th, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Well how awesome is that – two great loves that are Disney and Vera Bradley coming together! Can’t wait to see the patterns and choose one, or both!

Kyla on March 6th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Love them!!! Just got my first Disney Harvey bag, but have had vera for years. Beyond excited!!!

Michele on March 6th, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I can’t wait for the fall release. I love my Vera Bradley, but LOVE Mickey even more!!! What a WINNING COMBINATION. Will make great GIFT ideas as well. FANTASTIC!!!!

Tammy from VA on March 7th, 2013 at 12:20 am

I can’t believe they are going to break our hearts by showing us the bags at the flower show but not letting us buy any. Patience is not one of my virtues.

Lisa on March 7th, 2013 at 2:46 am

They are so cute! Love them!! Can’t wait for some pre-Christmas shopping!!

Brooke on March 7th, 2013 at 11:44 am

Steven, it was a pleasure to meet you and chat a little bit about the new Vera Bradley line yesterday at Festival Center! I look forward to seeing the collections in stores this fall!

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 9:33 am

@Brooke – It was nice speaking with you as well. I hope to see you again soon.

Beth on March 7th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I’ve resisted buying the Dooney & Bourke bags because of the price, but this bag I will buy — if it is at normal Vera Bradley prices. I love the black pattern. Perhaps in the future they will consider doing a pattern with the castle on it.

Amanda on March 7th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I’m soooo sad they discontinued my disney dooney princess purse my zipper broke…:(

Joli on March 8th, 2013 at 12:38 am

I am so excited about this. I was so bummed when Vera Bradley discontinued my favorite pattern but I can’t think of anything better to replace it with. Only wish it would be released before our trip in August.

Kenneth on March 8th, 2013 at 8:55 am

Oh boy! Here we go I got my wife Kathy 2 Disney Dooneys, now it’s Vera Bradley time! She’s so exceited I’ll be opening up my wallet for the 2 Veras! Nice job Disney keeping our wives happy!

Brooke on March 8th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I absolutely love these!! I am a huge Vera Bradley fan and can’t wait to get my new bags!

Lorraine from NJ on March 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am

How awesome!! My daughter is the official VB queen of merchandise, and will want one of everything! (I, of course, will also be guilty of some serious shopping) Any chance of an early fall release date when we come for our annual visit the last week of August?? Just one more thing to love about Disney now!

Stacey on March 9th, 2013 at 11:16 am

So if you can’t go to the park and purchase them will you be able to get them on vera Bradley website?

Steven Miller on March 10th, 2013 at 11:08 am

@Lorraine – At this point, I’ve only been told “fall” as the release date. I will know more toward mid-summer about an actual release date.

@Stacey – We will also be offering these items on our Disney Parks online store – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

They were created specifically for Disney Parks so they won’t be offered on Vera Bradley’s online store.

Elizabeth from AL on March 9th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Thanks for giving me enough time to save up for this!

Lisa from FL on March 10th, 2013 at 12:58 am

Oh my husband is in trouble now. He has bought me two Disney Dooney & Bourkes and I had been eying a particular Vera Bradley print, but with these coming, I’m holding out for the other man in my life, MICKEY MOUSE ;) SO EXCITED!!!

Steven Miller on March 10th, 2013 at 11:09 am

@Elizabeth – Exactly! :-)

@Lisa – Ha! Great comments. I’m happy to hear of your excitement.

Tanya on March 11th, 2013 at 10:30 am

OH I am so excited…we will be there in December and I can’t wait to get mine!! I see what Santa will be bringing me this year!! ;)

Cheryl on March 12th, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I am so thrilled that Disney is pairing up with Vera Bradley. I love these two and soon I’ll love them together!
What school did you go to in northwestern Ohio? Bluffton University? My daughter is there and is just as excited about this great news. Love it!
Cheryl from Illinois

Steven Miller on March 14th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

@Cheryl – Thanks for your comment. I’m glad to know you are excited. I’m a polar bear from Ohio Northern University in Ada, Ohio. I remember Bluffton University which was pretty close by. Please give her my regards.

holly on March 14th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

The article mentions some items are available on the Disney Dream. We are going later this month on the Dream. What Vera Bradley/Disney items should I look for on board adn where could I buy them?

Steven Miller on March 14th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

@Holly – You are lucky! I would love to go sailing on the Disney Dream. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. The merchandise team introduced a few Vera Bradley prints – Go Wild, Midnight Blues, Plum Crazy and Jazzy Blooms – to the merchandise shops on the ship. You will find a variety of bags and other accessories with those prints. Bon Voyage!

Laura on March 15th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

YEAH! I’m a HUGE Vera Bradley fan- I have too many pieces to even count! And, of course, I’m a HUGE Disney fan- we go yearly! This is an awesome partnership; I CANNOT WAIT to purchase my Disney Vera items! Wish you had a more solid date of arrival- I usually come down early/mid-December, so I’d love my bags to be ready to use while I’m in the parks! So excited!

Paula on March 16th, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Our Disney trip is planned for Aug.25th-31st. Will the new Vera Bradley bags be for sale in the park by then?

Steven Miller on March 20th, 2013 at 8:31 pm

@Paula – I hope you have a great trip. End of August is a nice time to be here. At this point, I don’t have any firm details about when these items will be released. I know they are coming this fall. I will have a better idea in late summer as to an actual release date. Sorry I don’t have better news.

Dorothy from NY on March 20th, 2013 at 12:57 am

Are they producing the Vera Bradley zip id case and lanyard in the new Disney patterns? I like to travel light when going to the theme parks and have attached the zip id case to the lanyard and used that on several trips. It is just big enough to carry your resort id, credit card, cash and fast passes and it hangs around your neck and it light weight.

Steven Miller on March 20th, 2013 at 8:33 pm

@Dorothy – If I recall correctly, there will be a small case like you describe. We will share all details about the items planned later this summer.

Kathleen from WI on March 20th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Hi Steven – is there a date set yet in the fall? We’re planning a vacation to Disney and would like to time it for when these bags will be available as my sister and I are huge Vera Bradley fans.

Steven Miller on March 20th, 2013 at 8:34 pm

@Kathleen – I’m glad to know your sister and you are fans. We will have additional details later this summer about when the bags will be released. At this point, we are saying fall.

Roz on May 30th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I found this when I was making a google Vera Bradley search and a youtube account came up talking about these. She was on your blog filming so of course I had to rush over here. Oh my gosh, this made me subscribe to your blog! Perfect partners to cause crime in my wallet! I will have to buy something in Midnight!

Keri from FL on June 8th, 2013 at 9:30 am

Love living in Florida. I will be able to run out as soon as they arrive at the parks! Going to be a girls shopping weekend, Vera and Disney a perfect pairing. Almost as good as Mickey and Minnie!

Traci on June 9th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I love these prints! We will be in Disneyland from Oct. 30th to Nov. 5th, so I am really hoping, and doing a Disney dance, that they will be available. Is there any idea of a price range for these? Thanks for the “magical” news!

Melissa on June 10th, 2013 at 8:17 pm

My daughter is VERY excited about these bags. We are visiting in Sept. for Labor day weekend. My daughter would like to know if they are planning to make a Disney Vera Bradley Backpack and lunchbox (if either of these styles will come in a school sized backpack & if there will be a lunchbox)? If you know, please let me know. Thank you.

Melissa

Katherine on June 18th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Is there an update on release date yet? We are planning a trip to disney and don’t want to miss out!

Michael on June 23rd, 2013 at 3:25 pm

My wife is very excited about this……she was wanting to know if there will be luggage or weekender options on either one of these patterns?